IFTTT - If This Then That integration with Sonos

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

138 replies

So Sonos isn't build in per say. The setup you describe would work with any centralized receiver or amplifier if I am not mistaken.
Userlevel 1
Most of my Sonos system is built-in to the house, in terms of speakers in the ceiling, that are all home-run back to a central closet where my Sonos zone controllers are.  The Play 1, 3 and 5 (I have one of each) are great for portability, but for a more integrated look, many of us use more discreet speakers.
Userlevel 1
Most of my Sonos system is built-in to the house, in terms of speakers in the ceiling, that are all home-run back to a central closet where my Sonos zone controllers are.  The Play 1, 3 and 5 (I have one of each) are great for portability, but for a more integrated look, many of us use more discreet speakers.
Why and how would you "build" Sonos into your house? The whole point of Sonos is that you don't need to rig your house in audio...
Please Integrate Sonos with IFTTT!!
Would be great on IFTTT but I'm not one to wait!
Would be great of IFTTT but I'm not one that likes to wait!
Alright, I am on day three with my SmartThings Labs access and have successfully integrated my Sonos, Nest, WeMo, and Hue. I still have some things to work out but I can have my music turn on when I get home, lights turn on in specific rooms, switch the fan on, and set the heat/ac to my desired temp. Can also do the opposite when I leave. There is a lot of coding that needs to be done, but luckily, most of it has already been done by the SmartThings Build community. I would highly recommend it, especially if you already have a SmartThings or are thinking of getting one. Once you get your account, you just have to send an email to labs@smartthings.com asking them to give you access to the labs.
Yes please! I have 3 Sonos speakers and am looking to buy 4-5 more if integrated with IFTTT
Awesome! Ya I just keep adding new things as I find them and it will be nice to have something that brings them all together. For now, IFTTT surely seems like the easiest solution. It's such a great tool!
Userlevel 1
I was an early investor in SmartThings, but it was too buggy in the early days. Revolv has it's issues too, and there's no way (yet) to build rules. I have all kinds of reliability issues with Wemo. Then I'm also invested in WigWag, Goldee Canary.....the first gizmo that comes out that can glue all of this stuff together will take the crown, I'm just not sure which it'll be yet! Good luck with Smart Things, they seemed to be a good bunch of guys. I'm happy to switch bits of my HA platform out, but the only two that will always stay are Nest, and, of course, Sonos. Bring on IFTTT!
Thanks Peter, I was just about to buy the Revolv but then saw that SmartThings is opening up connectivity to third party apps including sonos, hue, wemo, and more to follow. I already have the SmartThings so I wrote them to see if I can get access to the SmartLabs (which you need to access the unreleased apps). I am going to hold off getting the revolv to see if SmartThings can do it. Seems that it will work well and I like smartthings anyway... Also nice to save $299! I will post back when I am able to try it!
How has this not happened yet?! I'd echo Marcus' point - if you can't develop this in-house, please, please, please provide some open source resources. I enjoy my Play:1, and would consider networking my house with more Sonos products --- but only if I had the flexibility use them the way I want.
Userlevel 1
Marcus, I'm into all the same HA systems you are - check out Revolv as well, it has potential to join everything together ,and it talks to Sonos. But still, IFTTT would be a huge advantage for Sonos, especially with some of the other companies finally coming out with competing products.
This is a must. Do you not have the developers to do it sonos? If not, open it up to open source coding, there are plenty of us that would be willing to bind the API for free.. You could even just send your API to me and I would happily do it! I am all about home automization and use SmartThings, Wemo, hue, nest, and most recently Sonos... Upset to see that it's not on IFTTT tho! Such a perfect fit... I just assumed it was on there when I bought. I mean, the speakers are cool and the controller option with multiple iPhone rocks... But if you open up to IFTTT, your $$$ price tag will be more easily accepted
Userlevel 1
+1, yes
P-L-E-A-S-E ! Will be great to have geofence support for my Sonos System !
I would also very much appreciate a Sonos channel on IFTTT!
Userlevel 2
Badge
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled IFTTT (if this, then that). I would love to have IFTTT (it this then that) service enabled for SONOS, or if SONOS were to build GEOfencing into the iPhone app, so when I arrive home, then the music could automatically start playing.... but the advantage of IFTT is I could also set-up so when I leave home IFTT sends a command to SONOS via the internet so the music stops (as I'd no longer be in wifi contact with SONOS)
I need this now!
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
This would be so incredible!!!! Please, Please, Please!!!

I want to walk into my pool house and have the music come alive!!!

Then I would just need the beer fridge to have some IFTTT and I am set!

+1
Badge
I would loose my shit if they introduced IFTTT integration with Sonos! That would be amazing. Forget all these expensive, proprietary home automation controllers, IFTTT should be the backbone for all of these great web connected devices in our homes.
Userlevel 1
+1 this request - would be a great solution.
This would be great. Is it a possibility Sonos?
Yes I think this would be a great addition to Sonos. IFTTT has become a fascinating way to interact with different products. I would love to do twit a hashtag #LetsParty and let Sonos blast my house.