IFTTT - If This Then That integration with Sonos

Userlevel 3
If-This-Then-That (IFTTT) integration could be cool. You could expose playlists to IFTTT as either triggers and/or actions. Use cases could be when a certain playlist is started trigger lights (via WeMo or Hue). So for lighting, a "Dinner" playlist could set a particular light pattern via Hue, or turn off some lights and dim others. You could also start a playlist when motion is detected via a WeMo motion detector, or when a switch is turned on, start a playlist. You could use a special playlist to provide a house-wide audio notifier of new emails, Facebook/Twitter/app.net mentions, or Google Calendar events.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

138 replies

Userlevel 2
IFTTT for Sonos would allow you to create an alarm clock, which will turn on your music at certain time, while slowly fading in your Philips Hue lights, and turning on the coffee pot via Wemo, all from one place.
Userlevel 1
If Sonos integrates with IFTTT, I will build Sonos into my entire house, and I know 2-3 other friends offhand who would buy Sonos just because of an IFTTT integration
Centering my house around smartthings. This would be an easy way to integrate with sonos.
Userlevel 1
For my sake, IFTTT would be an improvement if it opened the possibility of turning your Sonos off/on away from home. Also I would benefit from the possibility of connecting Sonos to my motion sensor from Belkin.
Userlevel 3
Centering my house around smartthings. This would be an easy way to integrate with sonos.
Smartthings has just released IFTTT integration.
Userlevel 3
Someone else has made the same request here - https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/ifttt_if_this_then_that
Userlevel 2
Badge
I think this would be an excellent addition! If I am away unexpectidely I could change the alarm settings using the IFTTT app, also I love the idea of various triggers, imagine all the power and flexibility this would give you! If it's going to rain, you could have a little playlist that says it's going to rain, and a sunny playlist too! Or you could have it so SONOS turns on as the WEMO sensor senses you've got home! Brilliant!
Or if I press play in sonos app it turns on my wemo switch where my stereo is connected. Nice!
Please do this!
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
Just allow integration! PERIOD
need, need, need 😉 Do this!
Yes please make this big step. Please can you answear if you want to do it..? It will need time, but just to inform the people, if you are working on it or not? Thanks a lot
Yes I think this would be a great addition to Sonos. IFTTT has become a fascinating way to interact with different products. I would love to do twit a hashtag #LetsParty and let Sonos blast my house. 
This would be great. Is it a possibility Sonos?
Userlevel 1
+1 this request - would be a great solution.
I would loose my shit if they introduced IFTTT integration with Sonos! That would be amazing. Forget all these expensive, proprietary home automation controllers, IFTTT should be the backbone for all of these great web connected devices in our homes.
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
This would be so incredible!!!! Please, Please, Please!!!

I want to walk into my pool house and have the music come alive!!!

Then I would just need the beer fridge to have some IFTTT and I am set!

+1
I need this now!
Userlevel 2
Badge
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled IFTTT (if this, then that). I would love to have IFTTT (it this then that) service enabled for SONOS, or if SONOS were to build GEOfencing into the iPhone app, so when I arrive home, then the music could automatically start playing.... but the advantage of IFTT is I could also set-up so when I leave home IFTT sends a command to SONOS via the internet so the music stops (as I'd no longer be in wifi contact with SONOS)
I would also very much appreciate a Sonos channel on IFTTT!
P-L-E-A-S-E ! Will be great to have geofence support for my Sonos System !
Userlevel 1
+1, yes
This is a must. Do you not have the developers to do it sonos? If not, open it up to open source coding, there are plenty of us that would be willing to bind the API for free.. You could even just send your API to me and I would happily do it! I am all about home automization and use SmartThings, Wemo, hue, nest, and most recently Sonos... Upset to see that it's not on IFTTT tho! Such a perfect fit... I just assumed it was on there when I bought. I mean, the speakers are cool and the controller option with multiple iPhone rocks... But if you open up to IFTTT, your $$$ price tag will be more easily accepted
Userlevel 1
Marcus, I'm into all the same HA systems you are - check out Revolv as well, it has potential to join everything together ,and it talks to Sonos. But still, IFTTT would be a huge advantage for Sonos, especially with some of the other companies finally coming out with competing products.
How has this not happened yet?! I'd echo Marcus' point - if you can't develop this in-house, please, please, please provide some open source resources. I enjoy my Play:1, and would consider networking my house with more Sonos products --- but only if I had the flexibility use them the way I want.