Answered

Samsung JS/JU Model TVs Audio Issue with PLAYBAR

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

214 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
A temporary fix :
Set the TV's Audio format and HDMI format to PCM and then set HD Audio to ON. Then reset the TV.
Someone... anyone.. please help. i love the sound of my Sonos system...with the exception of when the sound cuts out on my JU series samsung tv. I first noticed a problem watching a movie on demand. Then i was watching something on the DVR and the sound cut out. I came on here and saw all the threads about this issue and then was really excited when i saw the samsung firmware fix (1455.0) But then i was really bummed to find out that my tv already had the latest version. I am willing to hear workarounds for this because i really don't want to have to return this... but it is noticeable enough that if there isn't a fix i am going to have to send it back.

Diagnostics number: 6409771
Incident: 160801-001742
Badge
I can (and have) changed the TV optical output to Dolby digital but the Sonos app still says it's getting a stereo input.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Ok I've just updated to firmese 1460
My sonos app is still showing a stereo input even with my tv set to output dolby

Oh, I need to check that. I noticed my TV was sending PCM last night.... but I was able to switch to DD and I could hear the audio space expand... But should check the app status
Badge
Will this change when I add my sub and play 1s on Friday?
Badge
Firmware...
Badge
Ok I've just updated to firmese 1460
My sonos app is still showing a stereo input even with my tv set to output dolby
Userlevel 1
Badge
Firmware 1460 update: Had several dropout watching Ballers on DirecTV DVR. Then switched to on-demand to watch The Night Of - which was in stereo only (confirmed Samsung was sending PCM) and *it* dropped out a few times.....

I'll do a diagnostic next time this comes up!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for the details everyone. I'm passing them on to the team here that is working with Samsung. I'd also encourage you to reach out to Samsung support as well if you haven't yet. It'd be great for them to see this too. I'll let you know if we have any more details around this.

If you have a chance, the next time a cutout comes up can you submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number?
Badge
Sorry for double post there. My first reply didn't show straight away.
Badge
I'm still confused though. Some people say that my Samsung tv will give the correct output signal for 5.1 surround sound through our Sonos system. Other people are saying it won't be 5.1 surround sound as my tv is only giving a stereo output...
Badge
Still no update here in the UK. I'm still confused. Conflicting statements everywhere some saying that my Samsung TV is giving a signal already to provide 5.1 surround sound. Others saying that it's just giving a stereo output which won't give 5.1
Userlevel 3
Badge
Exactly Barros, the update just reduces the frequency of the drop outs. I have the same issue.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Exactly PabloPaul. The update just reduces the frequency of the drop outs. I have the same issue.
Userlevel 2
I've upgraded to 1460 yesterday (Samsung TV UE75JU6470).
Unfortunately, there are still dropout, but less frequently - about one every 10 minutes 😞.
Badge
Ah I see. Thank you. I'm not very 'techy' didn't think I was going to get 5.1 sound as my Sonos app is telling me it's receiving a stereo input from my tv.
Badge
Will that firmware update give me full 5.1 surround sound via my sonos set up? (Playbar, sub and 2 play 1s)

Your current firmware will give you full 5.1 surround sound via your Sonos set up ... the 1460 firmware update merely fixes the sound drop outs that were associated with the JS models
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hey Ryan, I have the Samsung UN55JS7000 Firmware 1460
Badge
Will that firmware update give me full 5.1 surround sound via my sonos set up? (Playbar, sub and 2 play 1s)
Badge
Ah brilliant thank you for the help. I'll do this over next couple of days
Badge
How do I update my tv from the website though? I've checked for updates in the tv itself and it says it's up to date.

Go to the support section of the Samsung website. Put in your TV model. There you'll find the latest firmware version for your TV (1460). Download the file to a USB stick. The file is approx 1.6 gig in size. Plug the USB drive into your TV and follow the intructions that are on the website. It's really easy. Takes about 2 mins to update.
Badge
How do I update my tv from the website though? I've checked for updates in the tv itself and it says it's up to date.
Badge
Oh yeah sorry I didn't mean "when is Sonos going to do an update for my Samsung tv" you guys are good but not that good haha. I was just wondering if anyone in the UK had this update.

Samsung are now up to firmware version 1460 for the JS series. It's available to download from the Samsung website. I installed it a few days ago on my 55JS9000 and so far have had no sound drop outs. Fingers crossed it stays that way
Badge
Oh yeah sorry I didn't mean "when is Sonos going to do an update for my Samsung tv" you guys are good but not that good haha. I was just wondering if anyone in the UK had this update.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi is there any way of getting the 1455 update in the UK for Samsung js8500? My tv shows 1452 and no option to update.

We don't have a way to distribute that update unfortunately. You could reach out to Samsung and ask, but otherwise you'll need to wait until it's available for your region and TV.