Answered

Samsung JS/JU Model TVs Audio Issue with PLAYBAR

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

214 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi

I'm looking at the SAMSUNG UE55JU6400. Do we know / think it will have the same problem?

Thanks

Yes, for the time being, any Samsung TV with JS or JU in the model number could have this problem with any optical device. They're working to get it fixed though, so we'll let you know when it's confirmed to be resolved.
Badge +1
Hi

I'm looking at the SAMSUNG UE55JU6400. Do we know / think it will have the same problem?

Thanks
Userlevel 2
Badge
Ran into this issue today with a new Sony TV. Model XBR-55X850D. No audio from a Sony DVD player. Changed the audio setting on DVD player from Auto to PCM and the audio worked beautifully from the Sonos PlayBar.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Does this apply to the new KS models? UN65KS8500, etc. Thanks!

Good question, we haven't confirmed any fault with that line at this time, but if you have one and experience similar trouble it'd be great to give us a call on our support line and work with a technician live so we can look into it.
Badge
Does this apply to the new KS models? UN65KS8500, etc. Thanks!
kenmonty I didn't notice the audio dropouts at first but they do happen maybe once an hour or longer. It's not a constant dropout so just keep a listen for this audio dropping for a second or so now and then. Hope you get the other surround issue resolved.
Just purchased a Samsung JS9000 TV and a Sonos Playbar & Connect:AMP to use the in ceiling speakers.

Spent most of Saturday with Sonos support, who are really helpful, but all works OK when playing music but the the rear ceiling speakers do not work with the TV or when playing a DVD. It doesn't drop out - the rear ceiling speakers have no output when playing the TV.

Tech support are investigating the error message but it is really disappointing.
I am following up here that I experience the occasional cutout. It only happens once an hour or so and there is silence for maybe half second.

I have my Telus Optik set to stereo anyways since the TV channels are all so inconsistent and find that vocals are sometimes real low with non-stereo streams.

If issue keeps up and really bugs me I guess I will have to change to stereo... don't think will make much of a difference for me since I don't have surrounds (just playbar and sub). I'll try it and compare for curiosity.
I will keep a watch on this thread. Terribly frustrating when you spend time researching a great tv and great audio...only to find they can't work together. We have audio cutouts all the time. 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Can you clarify how often this happens and what I should be looking for?

I just got a JU6700 yesterday and have been experimenting with it and Dolby Digital 5.1 all morning with no dropouts etc.
Right now I have been watching a Netflix movie on my Apple TV 4 with Dolby Digital 5.1 for the past hour - no dropouts.

I'll keep a watch on it.

It can be irregular, so it might be consistent, or rare. We're working on the trouble with Samsung currently and will let you know as soon as we have more details. Thanks!
Can you clarify how often this happens and what I should be looking for?

I just got a JU6700 yesterday and have been experimenting with it and Dolby Digital 5.1 all morning with no dropouts etc.
Right now I have been watching a Netflix movie on my Apple TV 4 with Dolby Digital 5.1 for the past hour - no dropouts.

I'll keep a watch on it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi MJ,

We'll update this thread and others if there's any news on this issue. Currently we're working with Samsung to see if we can get things resolved. Thanks for asking.
Understand there was no timeframe to resolution at the time of this post, but I'm wondering if there has been any progress/movement. We have a brand new JU7100 and were seriously considering the Playbar for the TV and Sonos for our house, overall. This (and the, apparently long-outstanding, DTS issue) are forcing us to reconsider and look at other options, which is really disappointing.