Answered

Samsung JS/JU Model TVs Audio Issue with PLAYBAR

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

214 replies

Badge
Hi is there any way of getting the 1455 update in the UK for Samsung js8500? My tv shows 1452 and no option to update.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
UN60JS7000FXZA

That's my Samsung. Currently on 1460 firmware. It only seems to drop when I do something like press Guide for DirectTV. Still haven't fully troubleshot when it happens, though.

Thanks, I'll pass it on to the team for you. Let us know if you notice any other correlation. It's possible that the cutout happens when the TV has to do a lot of processing and it skips out on audio due to the strain, but that's just speculation.
Userlevel 1
Badge
UN60JS7000FXZA

That's my Samsung. Currently on 1460 firmware. It only seems to drop when I do something like press Guide for DirectTV. Still haven't fully troubleshot when it happens, though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I am having the same audio dropout issue but with Samsung's new line of tv's, The KU series. Is there any way for you guys to confirm if Samsung plans on rolling out the same update?

I believe these ones are being looked into right now too, I don't have specifics if the update will work for those with trouble or if a new one is being wrapped together for them. I'll look into it a bit more and will let you know if we have any further details from Samsung. You may want to reach out to them as well if you haven't, they probably have more specifics.

The update doesn't fix the problem, it just decreases the frequency of the dropouts. I'm buying a new TV for a guest bedroom in my house and although I love Samsung TV's I'm going to purchase a Sony. I hope that I dont have the same problem.

It should resolve the issue entirely from the testing we've done. Which model TV are you working with and what firmware?

There aren't any similar known issues with Sony TVs, or any other manufacturer for that matter.
Userlevel 3
Badge
The update doesn't fix the problem, it just decreases the frequency of the dropouts. I'm buying a new TV for a guest bedroom in my house and although I love Samsung TV's I'm going to purchase a Sony. I hope that I dont have the same problem.
I am having the same audio dropout issue but with Samsung's new line of tv's, The KU series. Is there any way for you guys to confirm if Samsung plans on rolling out the same update?
Userlevel 1
Badge
This morning my TV installed 1460. Didn't have time to really listen and see if it fixes the now-less-often dropouts. Will follow up this weekend when I have more time with it.

1460 seems to have helped. I maybe had 1 dropout every 2 hours this weekend.
Userlevel 1
Badge
This morning my TV installed 1460. Didn't have time to really listen and see if it fixes the now-less-often dropouts. Will follow up this weekend when I have more time with it.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Hello! I live in Switzerland and still have the 1452. No new firmware available...
Userlevel 3
Badge
The firmware doesn't fix the problem it just reduces the frequency of drop outs.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I'm still getting dropouts, but not nearly as bad as before. I haven't had much time at home to actually see what programs are causing issues, but plan on doing a full sweep with PS4, Netflix, etc..... this weekend
Badge
So far so good with the new Samsung firmware update.
Badge
Finally removed the HDMI switch today, but it also coincided with a switch from Uverse to DirecTV. I hope there aren't too many variables at play, but I should have some more real-work experiences by the end of the week.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Ok, 1455 has been solid for a week.... but today I've been having dropouts watching DirecTV...... Maybe it's a fluke, but Food Network and FYI channel have both lost audio about once every 5-10 minutes.....
Userlevel 1
Badge
Still have dropouts on my JS9500-I'm in Canada..,.Whats the deal???

do you have the 1455 firmware?
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Still have dropouts on my JS9500-I'm in Canada..,.Whats the deal???
Userlevel 1
Badge
It's day 3, we haven't had a single dropout.

Thanks for talking to Samsung and getting them to patch the firmware!
Badge
It looks like I've had this firmware update for some time. No time to test just yet though. Hopefully this weekend.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
!!!!!!!!!!!

Watched about 3.5 hours last night in Bitstream with 1455 update. Not a single glitch!

THANKS RYAN S FOR KEEPING ON TOP OF THIS!

Glad it's working out for you.
____

We just heard back regarding model number UE48JS8500 that they'll be receiving the update soon, probably some time in July. They're testing the update against a number of different TVs and rolling them out over the course of the next month or so. Hopefully you aren't waiting too long.

Personally, I'd recommend against installing an update manually on the TV which isn't specifically for that model. Though it certainly may work without an issue, there's nothing worse than an errant update breaking the TV.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hey - did you apply the 1455 update to a US set or are you UK based?

I'm US. It was automatically installed. In fact had I not read this thread, I wouldn't have even known the update had gone through.
Hey - did you apply the 1455 update to a US set or are you UK based?
Userlevel 1
Badge
!!!!!!!!!!!

Watched about 3.5 hours last night in Bitstream with 1455 update. Not a single glitch!

THANKS RYAN S FOR KEEPING ON TOP OF THIS!
Managed to find the 1455 update on the Samsung US Support site: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN40JU6400FXZA?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170

Was very tempted to attempt updating my UK set, but decided against it just incase.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
I have been in contact with Samsung support and received this reply to my most recent inquiry:

"In reference with the issue you have stated on your email concerning the television with the Sonos soundbar, we would like to sincerely apologise for the inconvenience. Please be informed that we do not have any updates with this yet as Samsung in cooperation with Sonos are still working with this matter to find a resolution. I cannot guarantee a turn around time or an ETA for the release of the applications but I can guarantee you that this matter is now highly prioritised."

So, I am hopeful that a firmware or other update will be released by Samsung in the not too distant future for those of us with these TV models in the UK. For point of reference, my TV is a UE65JU6000KXXU.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Sorry all - exact model number is UE55JU6400KXXU

The update should be available for all JU model TVs, but we have a request for some more information in at Samsung around the UK models which might not be getting this yet. You might want to reach out to Samsung support to see if there's an update available for that model which isn't getting pushed to the device for some reason.