Make the PLAYBAR in White

• 20 February 2013
  • 173 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

173 replies

Userlevel 1
FYI. I sent the below note to sonos sales department (questions@sonos.com) on last friday 1/10. The notice assures of a reply within 48 hours but no word back yet. I will keep you posted if Sonos responds. Dear Sonos Sales, As the Sales Department, I imagine that it is your goal to sell Sonos products to consumers. Wouldn't it be great if Sonos acquiesced to consumer demand to produce a white soundbar? Are you aware that this chat has been occuring on one of Sonos communities for over a year now with consumers asking for when Sonos will make a white soundbar available for sale? https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/will_the_sonos_playbar_be_available_in_white Why don't you respond to dozens of customers questoins about any plans for a white soundbar? I have a white lacquer entertainment unit so I would like to option to purchase a white sonos soundbar. It defies logic why you would mass produce white speakers and a black sound bar. It is also infuriating that you don't listen to thousands of potential customers and consumer demand. It seems futile to ask you to respond to this but will sonos respond to customer requests for a white soundbar? Thank you.

When I contacted Sonos to ask about a white playbar initially they told me no plans as of yet and they actually referred me to this thred! I wonder if we can start an online petition? lol
Folks: Sonos contacted me today in response to my inquiry on the possibility of the release of a white PLAYBAR. Please see the response below. This request seems to be a lift for them. Evidently our suggestions for a white PLAYBAR have been forwarded along to the product development team with the idea being filed as "under consideration". Wow does this company move slow! Not much of an update but at least we have a direct point of contact who responded to my question. I recommend that you all contact Aaron from Sonos Direct Sales to support a white PLAYBAR. Good luck! Who knew mass producing a product in white would be an intense dileberative process! Best, Kevin Hi Kevin, Thanks for the note. I have no information at this time about the Sonos PLAYBAR coming out in another color. We pass all ideas along to our Product Development team. Currently this idea is marked as Under Consideration. We will adjust the status accordingly if this changes. Have a GREAT day! Aaron Aaron Sloane Sonos | Direct Sales , North America Direct | 866-263-3072 www.sonos.com/shop | blog.sonos.com
White please.... why would Sonos make their other speakers available in white and not their playbar and bass....???
Badge
I have one in black because I really love my sonos but I will swap it for a white when available because My TV (philips) dressoir etc is white. 
I really don't understand why the playbar is not available in white? Some other products are...I would buy one immediately IF I can buy a whole set in white!

Please Sonos?
Same here, I would buy two. It doesn't make sense that the other Play products are available in white but not Playbar.
Id it doesn't make sense at all!
I would buy the play bar in white also. That would be amazing.
Would buy Playbar if it came in all white..
Userlevel 2
In Holland there is online retailer that has a Manager Client Satisfaction in the highest management layer. That company is very succesfull, duh.

I've never seen a company like Sonos that not only does not listen to their (potential) customers but also does not communicate with them. There must be someone responsible for this lack of acknowledgement of the customerbase!

The SONOS products are awesome, by the way.
No way I am buying anything from Sonos untill the playbar and the sub are offered in White! If that is the case... then all my other HiFi's are going on ebay and Sonos will dominate my place! Untill then.. no Sonos for me... 😞 PLAYBAR and SUB in White ASAP please!?
No way I am buying anything from Sonos untill the playbar and the sub are offered in White! If that is the case... then all my other HiFi's are going on ebay and Sonos will dominate my place! Untill then.. no Sonos for me... 😞 PLAYBAR and SUB in White ASAP please!?

I have all ready changed my Sonos to other brand due to no customer care from Sonos.
Userlevel 2
Same here, I would buy two. It doesn't make sense that the other Play products are available in white but not Playbar.
I just bought a PLAY1.  I wanted it in white.  I went to target, and they had it available in black, but white was out of stock.  So I went to best buy, and they had it in black, white was out of stock.     I was able to get in amazon.  Why there is a lack of white products?   Any news about the white playbar? 
on your promo video it looks grey, not black--even your designers think black is harsh in front of the TV
anyone have a suggestion on how to cover it?

With Sonos not willing to communicate about a white Playbar with there loyal costumers, maybe the time has come to hit theme where is hurts the most: in there wallet. Simply not buying any black Playbar or Sub until there is a white version is all we can do. I, personally am not going to buy the black versions. They are starting to piss me of with this "considering" story. Just make a Playbar and Sub in white! What is holding you back? People will buy as soon as it will come out.
And also... Why are there a honderd different pages with the white Playbar and Sub questions. Just make one big forum!
Please make a playbar in a white color!!
White please!!! 😛
When is the playbar available in white?
Just received my first components and as much as I am excited to have music following me everywhere and playing on my HiFi stereo with connect, I am gutted not to have checked that the playbar was also available in white like msot SONOS components, and as it is shown on some pictures on SONOS website... This system is getting popular in Europe and as well gets fierce competition. It would be such a plus to have a choice of 2 colours for everything!
Me toooooo 🙂
Can't believe there hasn't been an update... A white/aluminium Playbar is a must, they are alienating so many households with what can't be a huge amount of work. At least the new app is pretty decent. Though that didn't take them long at all...
I just want to add my support to everyone who want sonos to produce a white Playbar. Like many of you I have a white Samsung tv in our white room. There is no way my wife will allow a black sound bar in the room!!! I have two white Play3's which will make perfect surround speakers when i get my Playbar. It makes no sense for Sonos not to offer their entire range in white. Is there something in the design that is preventing them? I can't believe we have waited a year and they still have not made any commitment on a white unit.
I had the same experience, had to go 5 shops to the Play one in white. White is just more populare than black. come on Sonos make the playbar and sub in white.
+1 for white playbar and sub.

There already exists company's that make Unofficial covers for Play one in different colours (like pink!), And I think that if SONOS does not come out with a white Playbar, some one else is going to make money on transforming the black into white...