Make the PLAYBAR in White

• 20 February 2013
  • 173 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

173 replies

Agree a I would buy a white playbar in an instant if available. Lets wait and see (ps the same would go for the sub by the way, I have a decent sub but having a sonos version would be a great way to get rid of a lot of excess audio cable).
Make a white playbar and it's bought immediately!
Same here, I would buy two. It doesn't make sense that the other Play products are available in white but not Playbar.
I would also like to see a white collection of the playbar and possible sub
Same here...I'll definitely buy it when it'll come in white!
I would definitely buy a white playbar.
When it is available in white I will by one...
white PLAYBAR now

This is ridiculous ... Putting sexy speakers in a ugly bag
Obviously Sonos doesn't give a f* about their (/poential) customers, and most certainly not this thread... gravely disappointed I won't get a sub nor soundbar. (Also wishing the vultures with their ridiculously expensive "alternative " would bugger off.)
I have been waiting for the Sonos playbar to be made in white since the release of the playbar.  I cant believe they have not listened to loyal customers, or not even bothered to reply. 
Seems to me that no-one in sonos is looking at this thread and definitely not responding. with so many people liking and requesting the playbar in white it really is staggeringly poor customer focus.
+1 for a white Playbar!
+1 for a white Playbar, SONOS!

We have got AirPlay products right now, but we are ready to switch to SONOS playbar, sub, and play:1 for surrounds - But white is mandatory! Please make a white version!
Please write to ceo@sonos.com.

Did that a couple of months ago on this topic. Didn't get any answer though. Maybe if all of us who wants a white Playbar writes to him they'll consider it.

Or, maybe they already have. Saw that apparently the sub's coming in white (http://www.cnet.com/news/sonos-sub-in-white/) and I really really hope that they also considered making the Playbar in white!
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Thank you, Dewer. I have just sent my email to Mr John MacFarlane, CEO of Sonos (ceo@sonos.com).
As far as I'm aware, Flexson was the manufacturer of the vinyl pre-cut wraps for the Sonos line. But I think they stopped making them, and to be honest, I don't know if they ever did one for the Playbar. There's certainly a possibility that there's another company that does it, I'd recommend a google search. Recently, in one of these threads, someone posted a picture of a sub that they'd wrapped themselves that was pretty impressive, at least to me. You might think about that route, i.e. purchasing some vinyl and cutting it to specification yourself.

To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if sometime before the holiday season the do come out with a white Playbar, given that they just came out with a white sub, but not being surprised and a guarantee or pre-release confirmation from Sonos are two wildly different things. And I wouldn't place money on it, either, since I suspect that it's possible that the two devices are made in different factories, and it's a more complex issue than just adding white paint to a sprayer.

If you end up doing it yourself, you could potentially make it a side business for yourself, I suspect there's a small market out there for that kind of thing.
I emailed Sonos an hour ago, and got a very fast reply:
Thanks for your support of Sonos. We don’t have plans to introduce a white PLAYBAR at this time. There are some third parties with solutions like this: http://www.coloryoursound.com/coloryoursound-sonos-playbar-snow-white.html.
10/10 for replying so fast, 4/10 for not haveing the white version yet, but thanks for offering the alternative!
I'd give them a round of applause for suggesting another company at all, rather than just saying "there are other solutions out there". Kudos, Sonos folks!
I emailed Sonos an hour ago, and got a very fast reply:
Thanks for your support of Sonos. We don’t have plans to introduce a white PLAYBAR at this time. There are some third parties with solutions like this: http://www.coloryoursound.com/coloryoursound-sonos-playbar-snow-white.html.
10/10 for replying so fast, 4/10 for not haveing the white version yet, but thanks for offering the alternative!

I received the exact same answer by mail. It looks like Sonos can make a standard mail reply, but is not able to produce a white playbar...
It looks like Sonos will be launching a white Playbar soon as the ad on the latest Rolling Stones show a white play5, play1, sub, Playbar next to a white iPhone.
It was on the back of the junk Rolling Stone that a buddy signed me up for. If it was not on that back cover I would not have seen it as I always trash the magazine.
I tried to scan a larger file but sonos has a paltry 5 mb size limit. I looked online for the same image but could not find it.

Looks like the upcoming Playbase will be available in white.
yes, but that picture look like a white playbar or my eyes playing with me?
I meant white Playbar, not player.
I also took a look at that color your sound white cover, and I'm sorry but that's not an acceptable solution for me.
No offense to the designers, but it looks like a fitted bedsheet for the Playbar.
So... how's life in waitingville? Any news or rumors about a white playbar or should I check back in four months again?