Answered

New SONOS App - Feedback

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

In the new 2024 Sonos App :

Where are the alarms settings? 

Where is the Last.fm service?

Where is the Android widget?

This is a real nightmare. I hope Sonos will fix all that asap because what they did releasing this not finished app is scandalous.

icon

Best answer by Gradun 9 May 2024, 10:13

View original

667 replies

Same problem here.  The App is junk.   Reset 3 times, connected to wifi, and it doesn’t appear in system.   

Userlevel 1

I am starting to suspect that Sonos wants to remove the Sonos Playlist feature permanently. I suspect this from seeing this quote of the new feature of the app from their press release:

“Customize and curate: Enjoy unparalleled curation by designing your Home screen to reflect how you listen. Pin rows of your favorite content and services; then move, edit, or rearrange them to your liking.”

I noticed no mention of playlists. Just pin content (whatever that means) and services. Sonos playlists was my favorite feature because I could pull together songs from various services into one playlist and then edit the order while playing the music. It was awesome and it worked well and my son loved dragging songs into the order he wanted. I suspect the playlists feature not coming back and that they would rather we just use services or play content one at a time. Its their choice what kind of product they want to provide to users but I would have liked some warning. This downgrade was in NONE of their press releases and marketing. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

So how can I get back to my old version? That worked. 

For android you can go https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sonos-inc/sonos-for-android/sonos-for-android-16-1-release/

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Any one tryed putting it back to old version the softwere

For android go to:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sonos-inc/sonos-for-android/sonos-for-android-16-1-release/

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

The new app is ridiculous and unfinished. Serious disservice to thousands of users to not include elements that are loved and used a lot by various people. Did Sonos actually bother to ask the community what they wanted to see in the app before they redesigned it or did they just do it without bothering to ask for opinions? If the latter, shows a blatant disregard for customer experience and ease of use. The number of users they have, whether with one unit or a complete system, we are the ones they should be speaking to when designing apps which have to be easy & quick to navigate. Did they even do any beta testing with actual users before releasing it?

I only have one Sonos unit and rely on it for alarms. The new app doesn't have the alarms function...epic fail! How do I control my alarms now? Set up new ones/delete ones I don't need, switch them on/off? If it's on the web app, I shouldn't have to turn on my computer every time I want to do something with my alarms.

Android widget has disappeared too...just annoying, had it on my home screen to control volume and switch on/off from anywhere in the house now I have to open the whole app to do that.

Oh, and on the home screen, loads of stuff listed that apparently 'is no longer available' so I dutifully edited my home screen to remove them. All good I thought...nope, absolutely not. I was searching around for alarms, tried using the chat bot (useless by the way), went back to home screen to find everything I'd removed from it had reappeared. I shouldn't have to keep removing it every time I go back to home screen after doing something else, should only have to do it once. If you delete something you expect it to stay deleted. Just like you have a good feature and expect it to stay on the new versions of an app (like aforementioned alarm function).

​​​​​​Please go back to the old app. It was much easier to use and navigation was simple. This could be a great update but it's been released to market far too early.

For android go to:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sonos-inc/sonos-for-android/sonos-for-android-16-1-release/

Their director of product management thinks their new app is amazing

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7188560506171858944/

So I guess it goes w/o saying that the headphones that this was obviously pushed out too early to support will not be something I will be purchasing as long as the app remains in this sorry state.

I’m looking for the Speaker balance ie Treble, bass, mid level adjustment slider. 
It was in the old App with the speaker volume level you just tapped the far right icon next to that speaker to make the adjustments. 

If this App doesn’t contain the older app items you should fall back to it  The Home Screen change isn’t worth losing those options. (Sorry!)

Bearrr

I want the old app back! What a disaster.

Grouping speakers together is extremely clunky.  Alexa integration with Spotify has stopped working. Volume controls don’t make any sense, and I miss seeing the number beside the slider indicating the volume level. The UI is not intuitive. How do I get the old app back?! Nobody asked for this. Suddenly, I regret spending thousands of dollars on Sonos speakers. 

Sonos - I regret downloading the new app. The new app doesn’t include alarms or the sleep timer, which we use and depend on daily. Please add these two features back.

I can’t emphasise enough how angry I am to wake up to this absolute BS of a new app! Starting from a design on bigger screens like iPads, to the core functionality. How does one go backwards and lower the standard on every level is beyond me. What is the purpose of that?! What the hell is going on in those heads in charge, are they seriously paid for this?! Sack them all and roll back the old app ASAP!!!

Userlevel 1

Horrible update! Utterly dissapointed.

What a total fail. This smacks of a company NOT listening or consulting their loyal users. Please sonos , can you let us all know when you will sort these missing features out. Your system has been part of the family and I feel an imminent divorce .  Perhaps you should rename your self SONOT .

please sort this out !

Userlevel 1

Seems the setting of the Sonosnet channel has also disappeared from the system/ network.  Android user.

This new app. Is awful. It's completely messed up and to make matters even worse there is now no internet radio which we listen to a lot. Both Radioplayer and Globalplayer no longer work from the app . Come on Sonos, get it sorted!

Userlevel 5
Badge

If you are on android, delete the app, google sonos s2 apk, install and you have it back. the new one starts with 80... and the one you want stats with 16

Userlevel 1

Looks like they didn't learn from the fiasco few years back,  when they expected customers to upgrade all their so called old Sonos units,  so we could use the S2 app.  That went well,  ended up with a choice of 2 Apps.

Userlevel 2
Badge

The whole update is an insult to the many thousands of users/consumers who probably the same as me have spent thousands building a system that is now a shambles. Can we have a response from developers, managers etc beyond the mundane fixes coming soon because you should be ashamed of yourselves releasing an incomplete not fit for purpose app.

I reinstalled the old app, trueplay is also missing for Android

Userlevel 2
Badge

I reinstalled the old app, trueplay is also missing for Android

Aside from the issue above, I’m finding it hard to even easily select  a specific sonos room to play. In my case, if I choose to play something, I then have to click the bottom to select a room. Instead of it defaulting to the last played, it always comes up with “ben’s room”, a room I almost never use. When I click on that, it gives me options to choose many rooms (living room is what I want). I select it. It seems to start playing the new selection, but then goes back to the main screen which is once again showing Ben’s room. 

This whole things feels like a relatively untested Beta. Luckily, I’m traveling for the next week, but if it is not resolved by then I may take the jump to blue sound. The sonos app was one of the few things keeping me loyal. It really was better. Now its just a big work in progress.

Totally agree I have 3 different products in 3 areas. Picking an option to change say bedroom takes an eternity when it does change it then either cuts off or defaults to another room like Living room. It’s doing my head in. How can a supposedly improved app be so terrible. Sort it out Sonos.

The whole update is an insult to the many thousands of users/consumers who probably the same as me have spent thousands building a system that is now a shambles. Can we have a response from developers, managers etc beyond the mundane fixes coming soon because you should be ashamed of yourselves releasing an incomplete not fit for purpose app.

I love when apps are updated and I think to myself, “wow, they did a great job”. This new app is much more difficult to operate and features that I used all the time are now gone, such as:

• Alarm - Gone (I am thankful that I did not update my wife’s phone because I can change the alarm time and station on her phone)
  • Sleep Timer - Gone
  • Mute - Gone (the old app let you click on the left side of a group or any individual speaker and mute the desired group/speaker - that is gone)
  • Editing play lists - Gone (WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT?)
  • One click editing of groups - Gone
  • So much more is simply gone. Why???

Just try to call tech support - 97 minute hold times - No thank you!

Has anyone figured out how to uses these removed features?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

First they kill off features for my iPhone 7(which still works fine for banking and security apps  and anything else but not for my Sonos system?) now the new app comes out and it just crashes without even opening on my Chromebook which i have been forced to use since you rendered my iPhone all but useless for my Sonos system.

So now I have basically useless set of Sonos items, What a mistake to buy Sonos, it wont happen again. 

The new Sonos app released in May 2024 seems to have some missing features and bugs. Here's what users are reporting:

Alarms: Alarm settings are missing in the new app.
Last.fm: Last.fm service is no longer accessible in the app.
Android Widget: There's currently no widget for Android devices.
Users are frustrated with these omissions and hoping for a quick fix from Sonos.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I just found a new love and appreciation for AirPlay and Spotify connect using the Apple Music app and Spotify for my sonos system.!!!! Putting the Sonos app on the back burner for now. I created a few alarms and timers with Siri Shortcuts to replace the now broken Sonos ones.

Userlevel 1

Any one tryed putting it back to old version the softwere

Works great in Android. I mean rolling back.