CR100 won't connect, but iPad, ZP80, ZP100 are connected and working a-ok!!

Userlevel 2
Everything used to work perfectly….Then it all stopped working…so, started by rebooting my router.

I then hard-wired ZP80 and ZP100 via Ethernet to get them to connect.  SUCCESS! I can now control them both on my WiFi network from my iPad SONOS app.  That's all good!

HOWEVER, I cannot get the CR100 to associate with the ZP80 or the ZP100.  

How can I get the CR100 to re-join the party?

I've tried putting both ZP80 and ZP100 into the paring mode (pressing MUTE and VOL-UP)…and they both blink amber…but the CR100 just stares back at me, and eventually times-out.  

When it times out, after a few minutes, it says that no SONOS components are present, but I know better…and so does my iPad, which has no problem controlling both units.

I've also tried resetting the CP100 by pressing the following sequence:

<left soft button>
<middle soft button>
<mute button>
<middle soft button>
<back button>
..then scrolling down to "Turn Off CR"
..and pressing the Enter button

Once I put the CR100 in the dock, and it reboots, I try to pair it again…but no love.

Thanks.

BTW, see 4195270 diagnostics…which probably won't help, given that the ZP80, ZP100 and iPad are working just fine.  It's the CR100 that can't see the other units, so it's likely not going show up in the diagnostic report, either.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

386 replies

Badge
Hi Jeff,

Just wanted to say thanks for all your help. Your colleagues worked me through the problem on the phone. After checking routers, ping speeds etc...turned out a simple factory reset of the primary unit connected to the router fixed everything. Somehow some info was hung somewhere in the spokes causing a problem. At any rate, you guys have the best customer support of any major company in business. Kudos to you guys, the backbone of the company!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff,

Just wanted to say thanks for all your help. Your colleagues worked me through the problem on the phone. After checking routers, ping speeds etc...turned out a simple factory reset of the primary unit connected to the router fixed everything. Somehow some info was hung somewhere in the spokes causing a problem. At any rate, you guys have the best customer support of any major company in business. Kudos to you guys, the backbone of the company!

Hi Greg,

I'm glad to hear my colleagues helped get your system working again. As always, let us know if you have any questions or issues.
Badge
Hi Jeff,

I think I'm finally ready to update that CR100. If you could send a patch to my system, I think I'll be all set.

Here is my confirmation number for submitted diagnostic: 5117990

As always, thanks for all your help,

Greg
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff,

I think I'm finally ready to update that CR100. If you could send a patch to my system, I think I'll be all set.

Here is my confirmation number for submitted diagnostic: 5117990

As always, thanks for all your help,

Greg

Hi Greg,

The patch has been added to your system. Please check for updates, run any that you find, then see if you can connect your CR100.
Badge
Thanks again, Jeff. I'm all good!
Hi Jeff,
I've recently bought a cr100 to add to my connect amp but I'm having the same issues as above. I've reset my router I'm hard wired but still no joy. My diagnostic number is 5140434 any help would be great
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff,
I've recently bought a cr100 to add to my connect amp but I'm having the same issues as above. I've reset my router I'm hard wired but still no joy. My diagnostic number is 5140434 any help would be great

Hi Mw,

I've added the patch to your account so you should be able to connect your CR100 once you've run updates on your system.
hi I've recently started to put sonus into a few rooms in my house but cant get the cr100 to connect and hoping this patch could resolve the issue.
I've submitted diagnostics 5150021
thanks in advance
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
hi I've recently started to put sonus into a few rooms in my house but cant get the cr100 to connect and hoping this patch could resolve the issue.
I've submitted diagnostics 5150021
thanks in advance

Hi 5M1THY,

I've updated your account to include the patch for your CR100. Please update your Sonos system then try to connect your CR100 again. Let me know if it doesn't work.
Very fast response... That's excellent it connected straight away thank you.
it now says it needs to update however when I do I get internal error on the screen?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
it now says it needs to update however when I do I get internal error on the screen?

Hi 5M1THY,

It's likely that your Sonos system is more up-to-date than your CR100. Try resetting the CR100 by holding down the top right and top left buttons for a few seconds. Once the device is rebooted, try the update again. If it doesn't work, please send in a new diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number.

Hi 5M1THY,

It's likely that your Sonos system is more up-to-date than your CR100. Try resetting the CR100 by holding down the top right and top left buttons for a few seconds. Once the device is rebooted, try the update again. If it doesn't work, please send in a new diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number.

I have tried that and no joy. here's a new diagnostic number 5150128
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi 5M1THY,

Hi 5M1THY,

The CR100 is running a pretty old version of the software. We've made an adjustment though, please try updating the CR100 again.

Hi 5M1THY,

Hi 5M1THY,

The CR100 is running a pretty old version of the software. We've made an adjustment though, please try updating the CR100 again.

hi sorry had to go to work.. I've tried again and still saying internal error.?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi 5M1THY,

We've made another change, please try to update again and let us know how it goes.

Hi 5M1THY,

We've made another change, please try to update again and let us know how it goes.

hi,

I've updated and restarted everything and still no change.
hi I have 1 cr100 and 2 cr200 controllers and I cannot get any of them to connect at all.
I was given a patch which made the cr100 connect then it said internal error. today I reset everything and now no controller is connected and will not connect please help as this is driving me insane.

I have a diagnostic number its 5157508

thanks in advance
Hi there,
I read this whole thread and I have similar problems I need help with. Until recently everything was working fine, but suddenly two CR100 controllers I have showed only one CONNECT player on my network, which ironically was not showing up on my Mac Desktop or iPhone controller which showed all the other players. I factory reset that CONNECT controller and tried to connect to my SONOS network (my controller shows that the network correctly identified its MacID) but it would not connect. So now I have a network with 7 players, BUT one is missing and will not connect and my two CR100 controllers don't show any music playing players. I tried factory reseting one of the CR100 controllers an reconnected, but still not luck. Please help. I submitted diagnostics under number: 5158483.
I too am having the same porblem after setting up a new Wi-Fi system. The Sonos Connect:AMP is connected directly to the router via ethernet. I am able to connect and play music using my computer and smartphone devices, however the CR100 controller does not want to connect after several attempts of unplugging my Sonos and wireless devices.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there,
I read this whole thread and I have similar problems I need help with. Until recently everything was working fine, but suddenly two CR100 controllers I have showed only one CONNECT player on my network, which ironically was not showing up on my Mac Desktop or iPhone controller which showed all the other players. I factory reset that CONNECT controller and tried to connect to my SONOS network (my controller shows that the network correctly identified its MacID) but it would not connect. So now I have a network with 7 players, BUT one is missing and will not connect and my two CR100 controllers don't show any music playing players. I tried factory reseting one of the CR100 controllers an reconnected, but still not luck. Please help. I submitted diagnostics under number: 5158483.

Hi Ethandel,

The patch has been added to your system, please run updates and see if you can then connect your CR100s.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I too am having the same porblem after setting up a new Wi-Fi system. The Sonos Connect:AMP is connected directly to the router via ethernet. I am able to connect and play music using my computer and smartphone devices, however the CR100 controller does not want to connect after several attempts of unplugging my Sonos and wireless devices.

Hi Trusha,

To get your CR100 connected we'll need to add a patch to your system's information. To do this I'd like to see some data from your Sonos. Please send in a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number. Here's how to submit reports.
Jeff,
thanks. I tried to apply the update through my Mac desktop controller. At the end of the process it gave me an error message with a link to "try Again". When I clicked to try again, it said there were no updates available. I actually have 4 CR100 controllers around the house. 3 of them are now showing only one of the zones. The 4th says that there is an update needed but when I pressed to get the controller to update it says it cannot communicate with Sonos. Finally, I still cannot add again one of the Connect units that used to be a Zone in the system after I factory reset it. Next steps?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Jeff,
thanks. I tried to apply the update through my Mac desktop controller. At the end of the process it gave me an error message with a link to "try Again". When I clicked to try again, it said there were no updates available. I actually have 4 CR100 controllers around the house. 3 of them are now showing only one of the zones. The 4th says that there is an update needed but when I pressed to get the controller to update it says it cannot communicate with Sonos. Finally, I still cannot add again one of the Connect units that used to be a Zone in the system after I factory reset it. Next steps?

Hi Ethandel,

It would be best to continue troubleshooting over the phone. I've created a support ticket for you: 151130-002568. Please give us a call and we'll help get everything up and running. You can find our phone number here: [url-http://www.sonos.com/contact]Contact us[/url].
Hello

I am having the same problems as the others in this threat in relation to a CR100 controller. Could I also have the patch? Diagnostics number:

Your confirmation number is: 5175835

Many thanks

Matt
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello

I am having the same problems as the others in this threat in relation to a CR100 controller. Could I also have the patch? Diagnostics number:

Your confirmation number is: 5175835

Many thanks

Matt

Hi Matt,

I've added the update to your system. Once you check for updates you should be able to connect your CR100.