CR100 won't connect, but iPad, ZP80, ZP100 are connected and working a-ok!!

Userlevel 2
Everything used to work perfectly….Then it all stopped working…so, started by rebooting my router.

I then hard-wired ZP80 and ZP100 via Ethernet to get them to connect.  SUCCESS! I can now control them both on my WiFi network from my iPad SONOS app.  That's all good!

HOWEVER, I cannot get the CR100 to associate with the ZP80 or the ZP100.  

How can I get the CR100 to re-join the party?

I've tried putting both ZP80 and ZP100 into the paring mode (pressing MUTE and VOL-UP)…and they both blink amber…but the CR100 just stares back at me, and eventually times-out.  

When it times out, after a few minutes, it says that no SONOS components are present, but I know better…and so does my iPad, which has no problem controlling both units.

I've also tried resetting the CP100 by pressing the following sequence:

<left soft button>
<middle soft button>
<mute button>
<middle soft button>
<back button>
..then scrolling down to "Turn Off CR"
..and pressing the Enter button

Once I put the CR100 in the dock, and it reboots, I try to pair it again…but no love.

Thanks.

BTW, see 4195270 diagnostics…which probably won't help, given that the ZP80, ZP100 and iPad are working just fine.  It's the CR100 that can't see the other units, so it's likely not going show up in the diagnostic report, either.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

386 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have the same issue. Can you please add the update my Diagnostic confirmation number is 
Hi Arjun,

That's great to hear. Please let us know if you have any more issues.
Hi Jeff, I'm having the exact same problem. I bought a CR100 and a CR200 from ebay, and I cannot pair them. I get the error: "This Controller was unable to connect to a Sonos component. Please Try again (1).. Could I possibly get the connection patch added to my account? My Diagnostic number is: 4525654
Hi Jeff, I'm having problems connecting a new CR200 again. Would you mind flagging my account again. The Debug ID is: 4648211.
Hi Jeff, trying to add a new remote and system won't let me. My Diagnostic number is: 4648211. I do have other remotes that have been paired already. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff, trying to add a new remote and system won't let me. My Diagnostic number is: 4648211. I do have other remotes that have been paired already. Thanks.
Hi Shervin,

I've added the patch back to your account. Please check for updates and try to add your CONTROL.
Thanks Jeff. I did the update and it worked.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Shervin,

I'm glad to hear that your system is working. Please let us know if you have any further issues.
Same problem here... all of my zones disappeared and I had to reconfigure my Sonos from scratch!  It's all working now, but I took an update to 5.3.2 and now my CR100s won't connect. :-(

Diagnostic Number: 4611483

--Jered

Jeff: Indeed, it looks like one of my Ethernet jacks has gone bad. (Not the cable, and not the switch port either, strangely.)  I've cabled up a zone in another room for now.  Thanks!
Hi Jeff,

Same problem, diagnostic number is 4673408, can you have a look please?

Aidan
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Aiden,

Your ZP100 is connecting to your router's wireless signal. In order to use a CR100 you need to have at least one wired Sonos component. By wiring a Sonos unit, either your ZP100 or another device, such as a BRIDGE or BOOST, the Sonos system creates its own wireless signal. The Sonos wireless signal is required if you wish to connect a CR100.

If you have a BRIDGE or BOOST you can add it to your system and wire it to your router with an ethernet cable. At that point your whole Sonos system will switch to the Sonos wireless configuration, allowing you to connect the CR100. If you don't have a BRIDGE or BOOST you can wire your ZP100 in to your router instead.
I have the same issue my CR100 just wont connect to my ZP100, android, apple and pc are all connected fine.
Diagnostic number 4675712
Hi Jeff,

I connected the ZP100 directly to the router, didn't work. Rebooted it and tried again, same problem. When I press the two buttons (mute and vol+) on the ZP the light on the ZP flashes orange, the CR goes into "Connecting. Please Wait" mode. However, after about 20 seconds the CR puts up a message: "this controller was unable to connect to a Zoneplayer or Zonebridge. Please try again." The light on the ZP stops flashing and goes back to white.Tried the controller reboot as shown at the top of this thread with no luck either. Everything works fine from the Android app, would like to the the CR working though and leaving the ZP connected to the router is no problem.

Regards,

Aidan
Hi, I'm having the exact same problem. I bought a CR100 from ebay, and I cannot connect to my Sonos system. I get the error: "This Controller was unable to connect to a Sonos component. Please Try again (1).. All other controller as iPhone, iPad, mac or very good. Help please. My diagnostic info number is: 4682153.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I have the same issue my CR100 just wont connect to my ZP100, android, apple and pc are all connected fine.

Just flagged you for an update Glenn. Can you check for updates with your system and then try connecting that CR100 again? Let us know how it goes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi, I'm having the exact same problem. I bought a CR100 from ebay, and I cannot connect to my Sonos system. I get the error: "This Controller was unable to connect to a Sonos component. Please Try again (1).. All other controller as iPhone, iPad, mac or very good. Help please. My diagnostic info number is: 4682153.
Hi Alexander, 

Can you start with changing your wireless channel on the Sonos system to channel 11 instead of channel 6? You're getting a lot of interference on the wireless which could prevent the CR100 from connecting.

If that doesn't work, can you send another diagnostic and let us know?

Thanks
All components of system are Update. Change channel from 11 to 6 - nothing don't connect diagnostic number: 4683643
All components of system are Update. Change channel from 11 to 6 - nothing don't connect diagnostic number: 4683643

the patch worked a treat, back up and running.
thanks
also change cannel to 11 and to 1 - doesn't work
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Aidan,

It sounds like your ZP100 is still not communicating with your router over the ethernet cable. Please try plugging the cable in to a different port on the ZP100 and on the router. You should see a flashing orange light and solid green light. If these lights are not on, or show a different pattern the ZP100 isn't communicating over the cable and is using the wireless instead, which would explain why the CR100 won't connect.

If swapping ports and cables does not help, please let us know and we'll get you in touch with our phone team for further troubleshooting.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Alexander,

We've added the patch back to your system. Somehow it was disabled. You should now be able to add your CR100. Please let us know if it does not work.
the patch worked. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Alexander,

That's great news. We're here for you if you have any other issues.
That worked, thanks Jeff.
Userlevel 1
I have the same problem where I am unable to connect any of my CR100s to my otherwise working Sonos system. I've submitted diagnostic number 4578479. Thanks in advance for your help!
Jeff, one of my three CR100's connected after the update you applied a month ago, but the other two still won't connect.

They seem to move on to the connection step when I press the button on the bridge, but then I eventually get a "This controller was unable to connect to a Sonos component. Please try again. (1)" message.
I have the same issue; my CR100s can't "see" the other components since a recent software update.  My diagnostic 4698087 was just sent.