CR100 won't connect, but iPad, ZP80, ZP100 are connected and working a-ok!!

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

386 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16
I have the same problem - I am unable to connect my CR100 to my otherwise working Sonos system. Submitted diagnostic number 4589049. I would expect that my system needs to be flagged for an update like the other posts here. Thanks in advance!

Seems like you'll need to to plug in your BRIDGE if you want to use your CR100. The CR line cannot connect to a normal WiFi network like a SONOS Speaker can so, as Jeff basically says above, the CR line will only connect to SONOSNet (which is created by plugging a SONOS device into your router)

EDIT: When i said the BRIDGE is not required above, I was referencing the system in general and not the CR connectivity factor.
Hi!
I am having the same problem CR100 do not see ZP120, My confirmation number is: 4595984
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi!
I am having the same problem CR100 do not see ZP120, My confirmation number is: 4595984

Hi Edgars,

I've added the update to your Sonos system. Please check for updates on your system. Your CR100 is on its own household so you may need to reset it to get it to join back to your CONNECT:AMP. To reset your CR100 you can go into the settings menu then choose factory reset.

Once reset try adding your CR100 to your CONNECT:AMP and let me know if it does not work.
Hi I am also having this issue. This is my diagnostic number: 4606765. Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi I am also having this issue. This is my diagnostic number: 4606765. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
Hi Ben,

Flagged your system for the update mentioned above. Go ahead and try to update the system then reconnect. Let us know if you still have trouble.
Same problem here... all of my zones disappeared and I had to reconfigure my Sonos from scratch!  It's all working now, but I took an update to 5.3.2 and now my CR100s won't connect. :-(

Diagnostic Number: 4611483

--Jered
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Same problem here... all of my zones disappeared and I had to reconfigure my Sonos from scratch!  It's all working now, but I took an update to 5.3.2 and now my CR100s won't connect. :-(

--Jered

Hi Jared,

Your Sonos system is connecting wirelesly to your home network. The CR100 requires that you have one Sonos component wired into your network. You Kitchen unit has an active ethernet port, however it is not communicating with your router. Please start by wiring one Sonos unit to your router with an ethernet cable. Your system should then switch over to the mesh network mode and allow you to add your CR100s to your system.

Please let us know if this does not work.

--Jered

Thanks, Jeff!  Is there any way to determine why the Kitchen unit is not communicating with the router? The LEDs on the port are lit.  The router is an Apple Time Capsule.  I can try rebooting things or switching ports when I get home.

I like it when things just work, put sometimes I wish I could just get a unix shell on devices...
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

--Jered

Hi Jared,

Is the Time Capsule your main router or is it acting as a wireless extender? If it is extending your wireless network, the Kitchen unit probably isn't communicating directly with your router.

If your Time Capsule is the main router it may help to reboot it and the Kitchen unit. This may get the proper communication going. The rest of your Sonos system should switch over to the mesh network automatically. You might also try swapping ports on the router or Kitchen unit. If that does not help, try a different ethernet cable.

Please let us know how it goes.

--Jered

The TC is my main router.  There's a Gigabit switch between it and my wired Sonos zone.

I just switched the Ethernet connection from the "Kitchen" zone to the "Dining Room" zone, but this didn't solve the problem.  The switch is showing link on the port.

I clicked the "Wireless Network Setup" button in the Controller while I was fiddling with things trying to figure this out.  How can I tell the Sonos to stop using my Wireless network and switch back to its mesh network?

Is the problem that the system is not seeing link on the port?  Or not getting a DHCP address?  It looks like it has both.  I submitted new diagnostics as 4621367.

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

--Jered

Hi Jered,

Although your Dining Room unit shows an ethernet connection, that unit can't communicate with your main router so your Sonos system is still in the fully wireless mode. For whatever reason that communication is not getting past your switch. It may help to reboot your switch, check its connection to your router or even to bypass the switch and wire your Sonos unit directly into your router.

You can tell if your Sonos system is communicating in the mesh network mode (required for the connection of CR100s) by clicking on the Sonos menu of your Mac then choosing about my Sonos system. Look for the "WM:" setting. "WM:0" is mesh network while "WM:1" is wireless.

Please let us know if you are still unable to get the system to switch over to mesh network mode. If so we will get you in contact with our phone team for further troubleshooting.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can you please add the controller patch to my account too? Confirmation number is 
Hi John,

It looks like the update did not stay flagged for your account. Please check your system for updates and try to connect your CONTROL again.
Can you please add the controller patch to my account too? Confirmation number is 
BINGO! Mahalo for the re-flagging. Solved. I'm tickled.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi John,

That's great to hear. Please let us know if you have any further issues.
I'm having the same issue.  I've submitted diagnostic report, confirmation number is 4629457.  Trying to connect a new CR100 (purchased on ebay) to my existing system.
Regards,
Jeff
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I'm having the same issue.  I've submitted diagnostic report, confirmation number is 4629457.  Trying to connect a new CR100 (purchased on ebay) to my existing system.
Regards,
Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Just got you flagged for that update, let us know if you have any trouble after you've updated.
Regards,
Jeff

Thanks Ryan, confirmed download completed and CR100 now working, many thanks.  Will this patch block future mainstream updates from applying to my system?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Regards,
Jeff

No, you shouldn't have trouble with future updates. Just let us know if anything comes up and we'll help.
Regards,
Jeff

hi guys, I'm having the same problem, my confirmation number is: 4632971. any help would be massively appreciated!

Tom.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Regards,
Jeff

Hi Tom,

We've added the update to your Sonos system. Please check your system for updates and run any that it finds. After the update completes you should be able to add your CR100 to your system. Please let us know if you have any troubles getting everything working.
Regards,
Jeff

hi Jeff, thanks for that phenomenally fast response. all working fine now! thanks for your help!!! 
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Regards,
Jeff

Hi Tom,

That's great news. Let us know if you have any further issues or questions.
I have the same issue. Can you please add the update my Diagnostic confirmation number is 4641563. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have the same issue. Can you please add the update my Diagnostic confirmation number is 
Hi Arjun,

We've added the update to your account. Please check your system for updates and run any it finds. You should then be able to add your CONTROL to your system.
I have the same issue. Can you please add the update my Diagnostic confirmation number is 
The controller is now working flawlessly. Thanks so much!