CR100 won't connect, but iPad, ZP80, ZP100 are connected and working a-ok!!

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

386 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can you do the same for me?Diagnostic number 4761076.
Hi Kaleb,

Please hold down the top right and top left buttons on your CR100 for a few moments until the unit reboots. Then, please reboot your router by removing it from power for ten seconds or so. Once everything is back online, try to add the CR100 to your Sonos system again.

If that does not work, please send us a diagnostic report from your Android controller and reply here with the confirmation number.
Jeff,

I rebooted my router and rebooted the controller but it still says it cannot find a zoneplayer. Here is my diagnostics number: 4765953.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Kaleb,

In this last diagnostic I only see one Sonos unit and it is connecting to your home's wireless network. Your previous diagnostic report showed more players including a wired unit. In order to connect a CONTROL you need to have at least one Sonos component wired into your network with an ethernet cable. Please wire any one Sonos unit into your router and you should be able to add your CONTROL.

In your registration data it looks like you've set up a few Sonos systems. This could be due to resetting the controller, which causes you to create a new system from scratch. If this is the case, you will want to set your whole system up first, then add your CONTROL. To do so, wire one Sonos unit, then connect all of your controllers to that unit only. Once you have connected to one component you can add each other component to your system, including the CONTROL. For instructions describing how to add components to your system one by one, see here.
Thank you! That did it. I do have a Sonos system at my cabin, one in my office, and one at home so I might have to send in some diagnostics to get the update at my other locations. This one was at my office.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Kaleb,

That's great to hear. I added the patch to each system associated with your account. Please let me know if you run into any further issues.
Ok i am now wanting to update my home system so the cr100 can connect. I just submitted diagnostic 4768006.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Kaleb,

It looks like this particular system is not registered. As such I can't apply the update to this account. If you check your system for updates it should prompt you to register your system. Once registered I can apply the patch and you should be ready to connect your CR100.
Ok I registered the system now. I re-submitted diagnostics and the number is 4770832.
Same problem here. 3xCR100s that won't work. Diag # 4772113. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Kaleb,

I've added the update to your newly registered system. Once you check for updates you should be able to add your CONTROL units to your system.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Matt,

I've added the update to your system as well. Please check for updates and run any that your system finds. Once complete you should be able to add each of your CR100 controllers to your Sonos system.
Thanks that fixed it!
Thank you! That did it. You are awesome!
I am having the same problem
I am having the same CR100 problem. My diagnostics nummer is: 4778377.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Torsten_4,

I've updated your account and you should now be able to check for updates on your system and reconnect your CR100. Please let me know if it still does not work.
Userlevel 2
Jeff - same problem with one of two CR100s. Other works fine. Diagnostic #4824719
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Jeff - same problem with one of two CR100s. Other works fine. Diagnostic #4824719

Hi Emgshj,

I've added the update to your Sonos households. You should be able to add your CR100 to your system now. If you are still having trouble getting it to connect, please try rebooting the device by holding down the top left and top right buttons for a few seconds. Once rebooted, try to add the CR100 again.
Userlevel 2
Thanks Jeff but it didn't work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Emgsjh,

There is some wireless interference showing on your system, particularly on your BOOST. Changing the Sonos wireless channel may help. Here's how to change the Sonos wireless channel. If your other components are working though the issue may be that your router is not giving the CR100 an IP address. Usually this can be fixed by rebooting your router.

Please try rebooting your router and if that doesn't work look around your BOOST for any potential sources of interference. Common sources include cordless phones (especially DECT phones), baby monitors, wireless security cameras, wireless tvs and wireless printers. If there are any such devices near or in between your Sonos units, please move them farther away.
I have the same issue.
Just bought a second hand CR100 and can't connect it. Tried all suggestions here and have requested the patch through ticket #150825-001826 and diagnostics report #4841992.

Regards,
Oyvind
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have the same issue.
Just bought a second hand CR100 and can't connect it. Tried all suggestions here and have requested the patch through ticket #150825-001826 and diagnostics report #4841992.

Regards,
Oyvind

Hi Oyvind,

I've updated your account and you should now be able to run updates on your system then reconnect your CR100. Please let me know if this works and I will close your ticket.
I have the same issue.

Regards,
Oyvind

Hi Oyvind,

I've updated your account and you should now be able to run updates on your system then reconnect your CR100. Please let me know if this works and I will close your ticket.

Hi Jeff S.

The update came knocking on my door. I invited him in for a cup of coffee. Minutes later he updated my system and got my CR100 connected on the first try.

Thanks for the prompt response. Works like a charm :-)

Regards, Oyvind
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have the same issue.

Regards,
Oyvind

Hi Oyvind,

Hi Jeff S.

The update came knocking on my door. I invited him in for a cup of coffee. Minutes later he updated my system and got my CR100 connected on the first try.

Thanks for the prompt response. Works like a charm :-)

Regards, Oyvind

That's great to hear. Please let us know if you have any further issues.
Badge
Same issue with Mr cr100s. Been setup for 7 years today I messed around with Sonos system now the controllers don't find Sonos components even through connect is connected to router. Raised diagnostics ref 4895965