Welcome to Ask a question

Not sure where to post? Ask your question here.

Sonos / worst software developers ever

Having purchased a multi room set up. Following the instructions... the connectivity issues just never stop. 'Unable to connect' is a better name for sonos. Waste of money. Speakers drop out. Rooms dr...

So..it's been almost a year since the announcement. Alexa integration guys?

I'm totally cool with you taking time to get it right. But it was August of last year you announced Alexa integration. I've had an Echo for a while and honestly it is easier to tell it to play somet...

No tv sound
Question

Recently my soundbar and sub will not play audio in from the tv via my optical cable. I have tried a power reset and also checkijg the optical lead for the read light but to no avail. Diagnostics numb...

Surround Speakers Dropping
Question

I have a Bar, Sub and 2 Play 3s configured together. I've tried using the Sonos network ("WM:0") as well as my wi-fi network. I've tried changing the wireless channel. All to no avail, so at this poin...

Cast to Device and Sonos
Question

Hi, hope spmeone can help. I'm on latest Windows 10, and one of the great new features was to be able to Cast To my Sonos devices. However, since I've had a new Homehub 6, the Cast To feature now sh...

What if Sonos disappeared?
Question

There has been a bit of conjecture recently that Sonos could cease trading due to competition, and not catering for the latest and greatest audio formats. If this happened, where would that leave all...

Looking for a good turntable
Answered

Hi, Could someone recommend a good turntable to use with Sonos please

cat5 connection for my boost?
Question

I recently moved into a house that is wired for cat5. My Wi-Fi coverage is spotty with Comcast, so I have made all of the cat5 jacks hot to take anything that can be hardwired off the Wi-Fi. My brid...

Why can't I push *any* audio from phone/device to Sonos?
Question

I've had sonos for years and I know how to play music and other services and music from my phone or other device via line in. But my question is: Why can't I direct any audio stream from my phone to S...

MLB Audio
Question

When I click on MLB Audio and select a feed, they're all greyed out. I updated Sonos and verifiied that I paid my MLB audio subscription. Any suggestions for what to do next?

SONOS Upgrade

I am a plug and play type of person, certainly no audiotechnophile (technoauddiophile?), but would like to think that I know what sounds good to my ear. I listen to many different genres, from Gregor...

Music playback but no sound from CONNECT
Answered

I have a CONNECT that is wired to my stereo. Music was played from a NAS connected to my router using a BOOST setup. To increase the Sonos signal strength in my house (playback was sometimes intermitt...

Serving my own music to Playbar, NAS?.
Answered

Hello all, I have boxes full of CD's and would like to make these available to my Playbar/ Sub. I have Playbar and Virgin Superhub 2 wifi router with good coverage. Can someone possibly talk me thro...

After Update 8.0 my system crashed
Answered

The app want to update the speaker and failure everytime. And I cant play without update. I have rebooted everything. Im frustrated!! Enyone have the same issue or an solution?

Using Sonos without NAS?
Question

I have had a Sonos system for many years, having copied my entire CD collection to a Buffalo Linkstation. However, I now have a Spotify subscription, and I find that it is easier to use than accessing...

Sonos Connect purest signal question

Hi, I've got a sonos connect connected directly to an integrated amplifier via optical connection. The amplifier has an I build DAC as well. Because if this, I'd like to ensure that I'm bypassing the...

turntable
Question

i am buying a turntable to add to play 5s and subwoofer. Will the turntable allow me to play a stereo pair left and right with the play 5s? also will the sub woofer work in unisen?

UNABLE TO PLAY SONG BECAUSE iPHONE (3) IS UNAVAILABLE

SOME TIME compare this in my iPHONE : unable to play song ...........because iphone (3) is unavailable . Launch the Sonos controller on iPhone (3) to enable playback .. HELP!!!!

Can you stream to individual speakers once they are grouped?
Question

If I group a Play:1 speaker that is in my family room and living room, it creates a group. Can then play music to ONLY the Play:1 in the family room? I know I can ungroup them, which is what I belie...

Connect gets pretty warm on top

Has anyone took their Connect apart to drill some vent holes for better ventilation on the top? Any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

Is Sonos vulnerable to the KRACK-attack?
Answered

Hello, since sonos devices use wifi, is the sonos software vulnerable to the following WPA2 attack? https://www.krackattacks.com/ If so, will there be an update? See also: https://papers.mathyvan...

Best 8 port network switch?
Question

I have an older Sonos system that is all connected in an Ethernet daisy chain. Tech support recommended that I install a network switch to eliminate the loop problem by connecting each (7) to a switch...

Receiver Line Out to Connect Amp Line In - Input Lag Question
Question

Hello, I'm considering adding a connect amp to our home. I currently have a 7.1 setup and am considering integrating the connect amp to the set-up. My thought is to connect the surround back L and R...

Connect into Amplifier no sound
Question

I have just moved house (again) and can't get my SONOS Connect to play through my amplifier. It connects to the internet and appears to be playing, but no sound. I have connected a digital coaxial cab...

WMA Lossless transcoding options?
Question

I'm aware that Sonos doesn't natively support WMA lossless, and due to processing power and/or licensing issues probably never will. However, I own a large-ish collection in that format (about 60% of...

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online