Welcome to Ask a question

Not sure where to post? Ask your question here.

Can digital audio playback be improved by resolutions greater than 16/44.1?

Copied from another thread, courtesy of jgatie - full question was: "Do you believe digital audio, outside of mastering/production techniques, can be improved by playback resolutions greater than 1...

SONOSNET - can't view it from my android device.

Sonosnet will simply not show up on my android device, I have switched it on, tried every channel - I presently have a boost connected to my router and then five products running on this boost set up....

Question about new wifi mesh routers and Sonos
Question

I have been thinking about picking up a new router such as the Linksys Velop, Luma, Eero, Orbi, or Google Wifi. I was curious is this could potentially cause issues with my Sonos speakers? I am curr...

Bit Perfect ZP90
Question

I have a ZP90 bought in 2009.The main reason (initially) was it gave bit perfect sound and I found it is easily better than CD provided you rip with EAC. I now want a second one. However, looking on...

Alexa
Question

Hi guys When will full Alexa compatibility be available?

Vertical vs Horizontal stereo pair
Question

I want to place a pair of play 1's in the corner of our kitchen. With limited space of approx 3-4 feet between speakers, either way. My preference is vertical, however I'm not sure what the cons wou...

Sonos Max out in party mode???
Question

I have 7 Play5 gen2 and 2 SUBs. when i play in party mode the speakers goes on and off randomly for the first 20 to 30s then it kind of stabilized. very annoying. i have a ASUS AC5300 which is Tri-ban...

Sub

Can I set up a sub on its own so I can group it with other speakers? When i try to set up my sub the menu always forces me to choose an existing room thereby pairing the sub with a speaker and defeati...

Google Play won't cast

Google Play won't cast to Sonos, It says nearby device, is this a limitation of Sonos or Google Play?

Play 3's and Soundbar
Answered

When I play music from my tv through my playbar and my two play 3's the music plays intermittently through my play 3's. Does anyone know why this would happen ? Thanks in advance.

Add Play5 or Play1-which better for this situation?
Question

Music only. Current set-up 2 paired play1's + sub. Big room & thinking of adding another play1 or a play5 at opposite end of room. Maybe play5 better because of extra bass. Any thoughts please?

How do I rename a player (not a room name)?
Question

When setting up my Sonos (first time user). I named the actual speaker what should have been the room name. When I look at my router I can see what devices are connected to my router. I now unfortunat...

Play 5 pair with sub
Question

Have a gen 1 play 5 and am looking at a pair of gen 2 5's to run in stereo in onother room. Question, can you run a sub with a stereo pair?

Subwoofer price and is it worth it ?

Hi guys I've got a sonos sound bar and thinking of adding the subwoofer ! Obviously it's expensive so would like some feedback and thoughts ! Will it change my sound a lot as the sound bar great alrea...

Sonos Boost dropping out
Question

Hey! I bought a Sonos Boost a couple of weeks ago and I am not very impressed... I thought it would solve all issues regarding drop outs from a live audio feed from my Sonos Connect to my pair of P...

Sonos and Pro-Ject Debut Carbon
Question

Hi all - Not if someone can help me with that. I have a Project Carbon Debut turntable which have connected to the Sonos connect amp through a pre amp (Project Phono Box) via a RCA cable. Unfortunatel...

Hi Res, 24bit, and DSD

As a long time Sonos user I'm disappointed to say I'll be moving on. I have started looking for a system that can handle hi res files like DSD, or at least 24 bit. How i can appreciate the value in no...

Velop installed.. SONOS drops out
Question

INTRO: I used to use the SONOS mesh setup, with boost and 2 connect's, to extend my network but due to the limited bandwidth and no ability to extend wireless I opted for the Linksys Velop to do this...

Can I connect multiple Input devices to play music on different speaker?

Hey!! Can I connect multiple mobile phones, TV audio, DVD player etc. to single system to play different music on the different speakers? Also just wanted to confirm if I can play music stored in my...

Artists names incorrectly listed.
Question

I have noticed recently that any artist that has a The, as the first part of their name, are now listed with it missing. Eg The Corrs, are now listed as Corrs, which is completely different to all...

Delete a room/speaker
Question

How do I delete a room and move the speaker to another room?

Sonos commercial

Did anyone see the Sonos commercial last night in between the Grammys? I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it. I have never seen any of their ads before. I thought it was a great spot for it. - Kris...

TruePlay better over time?
Question

Just out of interest, when calibrating with TruePlay the app tells you at the end that the sound will improve over time. What does that mean? Is the app continuing to calibrate in the background? And...

Sonos and BT Home Hub 6
Question

I have a sonos 1, 3 and 5 and a BT Home Hub 6 with TP-LInk AV600 Powerline WiFi extender. I frequently get the message "can't connect to Sonos on my iPad and iPhone and even the controller on my iMac...

Need expert advice on placing my iTunes library onto my Seagate personal cloud
Question

I recently purchased 2 play 5's, a sub and a play bar for my new home and to be able to listen to all of my iTunes songs. First off, I absolutely love the sound. Completely blown away!!! However, I...

Badges

• Badge
    PaulBarrett earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    Erik_40 earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    gizz169 earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    grey2175 earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    Neel S earned the badge Meet and greet
View all "Badges"