Skip to main content
Question

extremely slow sonos app

• 26 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi I’ve been using a Sonos Roam 2 for a few months now with the Sonos app and when I try to shuffle my playlist through Apple Music on the Sonos it takes around 10-20 seconds to even start the song. I have good internet so I really don’t know what the problem is and would would appreciate any input. 
thanks

1 reply

It could certainly be either wifi interference or even a duplicate IP address issue causing your controller (the app) to have difficulty in communicating with the Roam.

Beyond the suggestions in the linked FAQ, try powering down the Roam completely (not just a sleep state), then reboot your router. Give the router a couple of minutes to come back up, then power up your Roam. This will force both a reload of the OS, and a refresh of the IP address via a new request from the Roam, from the updated and rebooted router. 

If this doesn’t work, I’d suggest that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.