Skip to main content
Question

Latest Update80155014

Sonos- What have y’all done?  I just did the update a few minutes ago and now my library will not play.  It continues to say Unable to browse music.  This is absolute nonsense.  And, to boot, my speakers keep ungrouping now.

It is now mid July and I have seen no improvements- I did see crossfade has been added to the app but you still can’t do anything with music queues.  The app is extremely slow after this last update.

Do you just not care about your customer base?  I have ten SONOS speakers and now I am back to square one with streaming music from Amazon, etc.  UNACCEPTABLE.

13 replies

I don’t recognize the OS version in your post title so I’ll assume it’s Android. I’m on iOS.

The link below may be shed some light on your situation if you are an Android user.

BTW...please don’t “like” your own posts it serves no purpose as a legitimate “like”. 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

It’s the firmware version

Playbase: 
Serial Number: 
Sonos OS: S2
Version: 16.3 (build 80155014)
Hardware Version: 1.14.1.11-2.2
Series ID: A100
IP Address: 
Audio In: 
WM: 1

@gmbardman 

Going forward just indicate the version as 16.x

@Gaham 

• Advice: Don’t publish Product SN nor it’s IP Address
Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@AjTrek1- Thank you.  You are correct- it was a mistake- didn’t realize I had liked my own post.  Thanks again.

@gmbardman 

No worries 😂. You can click it again to remove the “like” 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@gmbardman

Going forward just indicate the version as 16.x

@Gaham

• Advice: Don’t publish Product SN nor it’s IP Address

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have no issues with grouping but if I have any items from my NAS in the Queue the app crashes. Take them out and it’s fine. Guess it’s Pandora from here on out for a while.

Again, the Windows controller is the savior here.

This is getting to be comical.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I wish they will get a decent CEO who cares about product quality and customer satisfaction.  He has destroyed shareholder value through his pigheaded support for a not fit for purpose app.

I too have lost my link to the NAS, and my system is now useless for playing all the music I love.

Shame on you Sonos.

I hope they fire the whole staff… IT’s a disgrace to let all their users down like they do.We paid good money for your system. Bring back an update that doesn’t screws everything up

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I still have no access to my library after the latest update.  I have followed Salami Slices post to the letter with no luck!  I did this prior and it worked perfectly.  The update last week undid all his great advice and workaround I had done.

I have started replacing with Apple HomePod and HomePod minis.  Talking about an easy set-up- Wow.   I can move the speakers and plug in without always losing groupings, etc.  I have invested heavily with SONOS and keep hoping I will see an update that corrects this debacle.  The update for 7/22 has not occurred which I hope will fix the library.  But, for now, I am testing the HopePod with intentions of eliminating SONOS.  I am fed up.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The update for 7/22 has not occurred which I hope will fix the library.   

Do you mean the update didn’t happen or that it didn’t fix the library? Because it most certainly did happen, and has helped with music library fixes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The update for 7/22 has not occurred which I hope will fix the library.   

Do you mean the update didn’t happen or that it didn’t fix the library? Because it most certainly did happen, and has helped with music library fixes.

Hi @gmbardman and @Rhonny, I’ve seen updates not install even after a few days. Here’s the fix …

• Open the App Store
  • Search for ‘Sonos S2’
  • Tap the result to open the full description of the app
  • Tap the ‘Update’ button

… at the risk of stating the obvious, this is an Apple thing not a Sonos thing.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Since the application updates recently I have a number of problems with Sonos.

1. Volume. The Volume on my Amp and Roam systems is terrible. Very low volume you have to turn them up to about 80% to even hear them. Outdoors I have two pairs of 200W Yamaha Speakers. If I did that when the Amp was working properly I would have had complaints from all over the village.
  2. Music stops on all devices but Mobile App and PC app show the music as still playing.
  3. Unable to browse Imported Playlists. If I go to Imported Playlists in the Music Library they are all listed. If you go into any Playlist I get the message “Unable to Browse Music”.
  4. Adding and taking away Rooms from any group is very hit and miss. Sometimes have to add multiple times to get a Room to stay in the Group.

All in all I’m not having a very good experience with Sonos at the moment!