Welcome to Ask a question

Not sure where to post? Ask your question here.

How the 'ask a question' forum works

Joining a new community can be daunting. If you have a question and are not sure where to start, ask it here. We'll keep an eye on everything that gets posted here, and once something has been answe...

So..it's been almost a year since the announcement. Alexa integration guys?

I'm totally cool with you taking time to get it right. But it was August of last year you announced Alexa integration. I've had an Echo for a while and honestly it is easier to tell it to play somet...

7.4 update and Netflix
Question

Prior to doing 7.4 update, I was watching 4k netflix through the sony tv app and audio was fine. After I updated it stopped working and said it was unsupported audio. I switched the netflix audio to s...

Is Sonos vulnerable to the KRACK-attack?
Answered

Hello, since sonos devices use wifi, is the sonos software vulnerable to the following WPA2 attack? https://www.krackattacks.com/ If so, will there be an update? See also: https://papers.mathyvan...

15 Years For Us, 15% Off For You Claim
Answered

Hi, I recently bought a Soundbar and the company I bought it off of said that it qualifies fro the "15 Years For Us, 15% Off For You" promotion I received an e-mail for. They said there is a facility...

What if Sonos disappeared?
Question

There has been a bit of conjecture recently that Sonos could cease trading due to competition, and not catering for the latest and greatest audio formats. If this happened, where would that leave all...

Sonos / worst software developers ever

Having purchased a multi room set up. Following the instructions... the connectivity issues just never stop. 'Unable to connect' is a better name for sonos. Waste of money. Speakers drop out. Rooms dr...

No tv sound
Question

Recently my soundbar and sub will not play audio in from the tv via my optical cable. I have tried a power reset and also checkijg the optical lead for the read light but to no avail. Diagnostics numb...

Cast to Device and Sonos
Question

Hi, hope spmeone can help. I'm on latest Windows 10, and one of the great new features was to be able to Cast To my Sonos devices. However, since I've had a new Homehub 6, the Cast To feature now sh...

How to connect play 3 to smart tv

I have a 55" Samsung smart tv and would like to know how to play my sonos play 3 as like a sound bar . Thanks!

Will the echo dot and Alexa work with my existing Sonos speakers?
Question

I've read conflicting stories, and evidently Sonos is going to offer a "smart speaker" Oct. 4th. And I read other reports that current speakers will work with Alexa. Will my current Sonos speakers w...

Sonos V Bluesound?
Question

Why should I get Sonos over Bluesound? Never heard of them before now whilst searching the web.

Looking for a good turntable
Answered

Hi, Could someone recommend a good turntable to use with Sonos please

SONOS Upgrade

I am a plug and play type of person, certainly no audiotechnophile (technoauddiophile?), but would like to think that I know what sounds good to my ear. I listen to many different genres, from Gregor...

Spotify Premium Account from Sonos
Question

We've had this sonos Player for about a year and when we set it up we paid for premium, and have been ever since. Now we want to be able to use that spotify account on mobile devices and not just on t...

New Router has frustrated by Sonos world
Question

I've been a sonos customer for a few years now. Started with a wired bridge and Play 1. Grew that to a complete living room surround (Playbar, sub, 2 play 1s), another playbar in a different room, a...

Unsupported Tv audio
Answered

Hi there. New to this forum!. I love my sonos gear but lately its driving me crazy. Sound simply stops while watching tv netflix or movies. I have to turn tv off and back on again for soind to come ba...

Why can't I push *any* audio from phone/device to Sonos?
Question

I've had sonos for years and I know how to play music and other services and music from my phone or other device via line in. But my question is: Why can't I direct any audio stream from my phone to S...

Alexa and Music Library
Answered

Does the new Alexa functionality permit playing music from my music library or is it limited to specific streaming services? What if I am playing music from my music library and I just want to pause...

Selecting a radio station with Alexa integration
Question

Anybody have thoughts on how you will be able to select radio stations using the Alexa integration? In the US all stations have a unique 4 letter call sign so you can say exactly what station you want...

And after Alexa? What then for Sonos?

Just to play Devil's advocate, having followed the great Alexa debate over the past months, I wonder what could happen if at some time in the near or medium future, another similar product is introduc...

MLB Audio
Question

When I click on MLB Audio and select a feed, they're all greyed out. I updated Sonos and verifiied that I paid my MLB audio subscription. Any suggestions for what to do next?

Integrate Playbase with Google Home
Question

Hi, Just received my Playbase and I have it hooked with my two Play 1 speakers for surround sound. I bought Chromecast Audio so I could integrate Playbase with my Google Home, but there doesn't seem t...

Can I use the SUB in 2 different configurations?
Answered

So here's the deal. I have 2 PLAY:5 (Gen 2) and have set it up in my living room in vertical orientation for listening to music, and have also connected the TV to one of the speaker using LINE-IN. The...

Connect gets pretty warm on top

Has anyone took their Connect apart to drill some vent holes for better ventilation on the top? Any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online