Skip to main content
Question

Sonos Arc input delay

• 26 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I experience a significant delay when playing music on my Sonos ARC from my iPhone (13 Pro Max, latest iOS). It can take up to 3-5 seconds for changing track. The only solution I have found so far is unplugging the soundbar for a few moments and then put it back on. I am listening from Spotify directly Airplaying to the soundbar but same can be experienced using the Sonos app. This is happening since after the first maybe month from purchase so in the last 6 months or so. What can I do to make it work without this delay besides unplugging the cable? Also I am not sure if Trueplay settings are saved after such reset. 

1 reply

TruePlay wouldn’t change the difficulty the controller is having in communicating state changes to the Arc. Instead, you’re much more likely to be experiencing either wifi interference , or a duplicate IP address issue. There is a lot of good information in the linked FAQ, however, if you think there is potential for the latter, unplug all your Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Give the router a couple of minutes before plugging back in your Sonos devices.

If you continue to have issues, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.