Dead Play:5 need schematics or tips

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

208 replies

Yer rhere is thats the next component. But i have pulled this box out and im unabke to vet any reading from it. So im changing this then keep working backwards. 

What voltage should i get on botg of those ac pins... across the pair 240 v ac or 2r0v ac on both ? 

For me, both mids and highs were also without function. I replaced all the capacitors, after that no more problems. 

Ahh if only it were that simple for me. While indeed the caps may be also an issue…..there are so many other blown components on the board 😌

Badge

Last resort is to add in a class D amp to it. Not ideal at all, but at least, sound is back.

How was the sound out of that class D Amp?

If decent, what brand model, and where did you connect? It looks like directly off of the wifi/controller board?

At low volume, I can hear the static noises. That will go away when I increase the volume. I got it from AliExpress.
Running at 12V and I may try to use 24V if that helps on the static. The connection is to the headphone out on the wifi board. Hope that helps.

Badge +1

Could it be this one?

https://www.alldatasheet.net/datasheet-pdf/pdf/1275376/ONSEMI/1SMB5955BT3G.html

On the part is written "ON",the Logo from ON Semiconductor.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

What part is the Oscillator?

ICE2QS02G  https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-ICE2QS02G-DS-v02_00-en.pdf?fileId=db3a30431a5c32f2011abef4f7fd3bc8

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

E48 9558 or something like this.

It is blurred, so i cannot read ut as well.

Can someone help me and can tell me, what part it is?

It looks to me like it is “E43” and 955B or maybe 95513… that last bit doesn’t really seem to be a B or a 13, but it looks even less like an 8 to me.

I’d also be surprised to have a 170 volt zener diode in this circuit…

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

My Play 5 Gen 2 just died.  It’s not the normal fuse and thermistor.  Looks like it blew two resistors under the heatsink...has anyone seen this or replaced these?

I haven’t seen that before.  Check that the bridge rectifier isn’t broken.

After confirming that the bridge rectifier is working, try replacing the resistors and boot it up.  They could have died due to moisture or maybe some kind of transient making its way all the way into that part of the circuit.  There is protection against that, but anything’s possible.

It was a qualified guess that the chip was defect

i found a video online of repair of a Sonos zp100 

here he changed the usual suspects. One of was the small chip So I just did the same.  

kind regards Anders

Thx Anders, I have a Sonos 5 (rev 1), with working rectifier (diodebro), fuse not blown, but not working. All caps seems to be fine on HV side so I guess that 2QS02G could be the problem child. Any proposals on where to get this chip easiest?

Mvh / Br

Jesper