IFTTT - If This Then That integration with Sonos

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

138 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled IFTTT (if this, then that). I would love to have IFTTT (it this then that) service enabled for SONOS, or if SONOS were to build GEOfencing into the iPhone app, so when I arrive home, then the music could automatically start playing.... but the advantage of IFTT is I could also set-up so when I leave home IFTT sends a command to SONOS via the internet so the music stops (as I'd no longer be in wifi contact with SONOS)
This is a must. Do you not have the developers to do it sonos? If not, open it up to open source coding, there are plenty of us that would be willing to bind the API for free.. You could even just send your API to me and I would happily do it! I am all about home automization and use SmartThings, Wemo, hue, nest, and most recently Sonos... Upset to see that it's not on IFTTT tho! Such a perfect fit... I just assumed it was on there when I bought. I mean, the speakers are cool and the controller option with multiple iPhone rocks... But if you open up to IFTTT, your $$$ price tag will be more easily accepted
Badge
Lets skip this and go straight to Sonos and Hue working together for Ambient lighting based on the actual music, the artist or album or genera.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Yes please!
Userlevel 1
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/6b2012a8-008c-11e5-b91e-00144feabdc0.html#axzz3zWS9C9JT

in spite of being an early example of the benefits of adding wireless connectivity to a previously offline device, Mr MacFarlane is cautious about the hype around the “smart home” and “internet of things”.

“I don’t think people are looking for us to control your TV or your lights. I do believe in the ‘smart home’ but I think it has to solve problems for people,” he said.

“There is so much for us to do with that narrow focus of filling your home with music. I think the music services have just gotten started.”

This article is hidden behind a paywall...

Regarding MacFalanes statement: "I don’t think people are looking for us to control your TV or your lights" he's right. People want Sonos to INTEGRATE with their TV and their lights, not control them.
Userlevel 1
Well, while everyone here has been begging Sonos to add this feature another speaker came out with the feature built in: http://www.musaic.com/en-wo/ifttt/

You are missing the boat guys!
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
News on ifttt integration?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I just want to add another desperate request for ifttt compatibility. That would be way more useful than voice command in my opinion.

Haveing got used to Voice vial Alexa I can not agree. Seems such an effort now to get Phone out just to change a track 🙂
Userlevel 1
Badge
3 years later, still nothing...congratulations
Nothing, eh? Guess you weren't paying attention on Aug 30th.
Nothing, eh? Guess you weren't paying attention on Aug 30th.

Are you referring to iftt or voice command?
Referring to the API that allows virtually all the major home automation providers to integrate with Sonos. No need for the clunky and insecure IFTTT.
Wow!! I can't believe this is not a priority??? IFTTT integration is an absolute must, cmon Sonos you need to do this.

Why would this be a "must" for a wireless multiroom music system? Sonos has partnered with the major custom electronics / home automation manufacturers, several of whom can do IFTTT. Sonos provides them with a fully documented API. Do your homework, find one that works for you, it definitely isn't something that Sonos should be adding.
Userlevel 4
Badge +14
I've looked into ways of making an easier DIY solution than anything else available today (ranging from using a mac and Launcher Pro, ruby scripts with dropbox etc)

See https://en.community.sonos.com/advanced-setups-229000/easiest-way-to-get-robust-ifttt-support-6790436

Unfortunately IFTTT charges a huge chunk of money to register your own service at IFTTT, so for the time being you need to craft your own action URLs using the webhook channel in IFTTT. But for simple tasks like play/pause/next/group etc it's fairly easy even for non-developers.
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
Just allow integration! PERIOD
need, need, need 😉 Do this!
Yes please make this big step. Please can you answear if you want to do it..? It will need time, but just to inform the people, if you are working on it or not? Thanks a lot
Yes I think this would be a great addition to Sonos. IFTTT has become a fascinating way to interact with different products. I would love to do twit a hashtag #LetsParty and let Sonos blast my house. 
This would be great. Is it a possibility Sonos?
Userlevel 1
+1 this request - would be a great solution.
Badge
I would loose my shit if they introduced IFTTT integration with Sonos! That would be amazing. Forget all these expensive, proprietary home automation controllers, IFTTT should be the backbone for all of these great web connected devices in our homes.
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
This would be so incredible!!!! Please, Please, Please!!!

I want to walk into my pool house and have the music come alive!!!

Then I would just need the beer fridge to have some IFTTT and I am set!

+1
I need this now!
I would also very much appreciate a Sonos channel on IFTTT!
P-L-E-A-S-E ! Will be great to have geofence support for my Sonos System !