Answered

Sonos Arc Samsung Frame TV eARC not working

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

668 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

alright, just ordered the q90t, q95t will be returned...will let you know if that led to a solution

thanks man. In that case it would be an issue with the one connect box. 

I also own the q95t and this is a big letdown after a lot of comparisons and trying to go future proof with earc. Also with this tv i can only select Auto or PCM, ill leave it on auto for now but nowhere to be seen if im using dolby digital +, only thing i see is dolby digital 5.1. In netflix i see atmos content thought but i rly wonder if it works because so far i havent rly heard things flying above my head. And in the store with the same tv and soundbar it was outstanding. 

These are the settings I have to use to get any sound through the Arc, if I play a Netflix DA it shows in my Sonos app as ‘Dolby Atmos (DD+)’

If I’m viewing Sky Q content I have options PCM/Auto/Pass Through

If Netflix content I only have Auto/PCM

alright, just ordered the q90t, q95t will be returned...will let you know if that led to a solution

thanks man. In that case it would be an issue with the one connect box. 

I also own the q95t and this is a big letdown after a lot of comparisons and trying to go future proof with earc. Also with this tv i can only select Auto or PCM, ill leave it on auto for now but nowhere to be seen if im using dolby digital +, only thing i see is dolby digital 5.1. In netflix i see atmos content thought but i rly wonder if it works because so far i havent rly heard things flying above my head. And in the store with the same tv and soundbar it was outstanding. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I was planning on doing this today, maybe I will hold on a few days until you’ve reported back :) 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Userlevel 1
Badge

Think about gettin the q90t and return the q95t...unbelievable that we have to deal with these problems...

Received the arc today bought a Q95t for the arc and earc last week. I got the same problem no sound only when turning earc off I also wonder who’s fault this is. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sounding more than ever like a problem with one connect box as the Frame also uses one connect.

(Correct me if I'm wrong)

I might purchase a Q90T just to see if it works for me, still in return period for Q95T and not overly fussed by lack of one connect.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I've got the 95T with the one connect box, it looks as though my Anynet was also On as default and still no luck, I even tried doing the usual 'on and off again' on the anynet but I'm still unable to enable eARC mode :(

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have a Samsung Q90T and in order to get the eARC to be enabled I had to go into the System settings and make sure that Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) was enabled as it was originally off. Once that was enabled then I was able to endable the eARC functionality in the Sound settings.

This makes me wonder if its something to do with the one connect box then? (pretty much only difference from Q90T & Q95T) My Anynet+ is/was on as default, I’ve even tried turning it off but that didn’t work for obvious reasons.

It’s all very frustrating and nobody (Samsung/Sonos) seem to be able to assist.

And just to verify you have the Arc plugged into HDMI 3 or whatever equivalent eARC port on your one connect box? And you have used the HDMI cable from Sonos or made sure whichever one you are using is compatible as some old cables I bet won’t work?

Have indeed, and using the supplied Sonos cable, have tried others which all caused an error.

I have a Samsung Q90T and in order to get the eARC to be enabled I had to go into the System settings and make sure that Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) was enabled as it was originally off. Once that was enabled then I was able to endable the eARC functionality in the Sound settings.

This makes me wonder if its something to do with the one connect box then? (pretty much only difference from Q90T & Q95T) My Anynet+ is/was on as default, I’ve even tried turning it off but that didn’t work for obvious reasons.

And just to verify you have the Arc plugged into HDMI 3 or whatever equivalent eARC port on your one connect box? And you have used the HDMI cable from Sonos or made sure whichever one you are using is compatible as some old cables I bet won’t work?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have been experiencing intermittent cutouts of the audio in eARC mode in both regular cable box source and my Apple TV that has Atmos enabled on the Netflix content I was watching and even Hulu old reruns. I even tried disabling eARC and it was still happening so I turned eARC back on and then I power cycled the Sonos Arc which was a pain to access the cable to pull the plug. After it rebooted the cutouts stopped happening at least for the rest of last night across both cable box and apple tv sources. Will be curious to see if that continues to be the case or if it continues to happen.

Userlevel 1
Badge

As I understand it eArc is needed for full uncompressed Dolby Atmos and that there isn’t a lot of content apart from the odd Blu-ray. Also eArc as I understand it, is really best suited to a full on HT set-up. TV Arc is just fine for a Soundbar where you are unlikely to discern any real difference between uncompressed ( even if you have a source of uncompressed DA that is )

So is eArc really such a big deal?

I need eARC on my TV as Samsung only allow the audio pass through option with an eARC device, as my Sonos Arc only shows as a HDMI Receiver I can't enable audio pass through which is causing at least a one second audio delay on my Xbox One X rendering the soundbar unusable.

Userlevel 1
Badge

As I understand it eArc is needed for full uncompressed Dolby Atmos and that there isn’t a lot of content apart from the odd Blu-ray. Also eArc as I understand it, is really best suited to a full on HT set-up. TV Arc is just fine for a Soundbar where you are unlikely to discern any real difference between uncompressed ( even if you have a source of uncompressed DA that is )

Appreciate what you’re saying, there was certainly a very clear noticeable difference between uncompressed DA and DA 5.1 (which I’m getting now). Netflix/Prime have a lot of DA programmes now.

However the point is more that I bought both items (TV/Arc) at a great expense specifically to get full DA experience one wants it to work as it should.

(Edit - removed analogy, it was awful!)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same thing: Q95T, Sonos ARC.

perfect sound with EARC OFF. No Sound in EARC Auto.

would be very helpful to know whom to blame, which device to return..is it Samsung or sonos..

really hope sonos is reading along here and we‘ll soon see a Software fix...

Glad someone else with the same setup is having the same problem, I've been in touch with samsung who have told me the issue lies entirely with Sonos, I'm thinking I might have to return mine if I can't find a solution soon!

Seems to be quite a few of us with the same setup/problem. I don’t really want to return either I just want the problem fixed. Oh well I guess we shall just continue to wait a little longer. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

The part I'm most baffled by is the fact it worked for 10 minutes or so.

Very frustrating. 

Could the TV have taken a firmware update during those ten minutes? We know that the newest LG firmware for the C9 causes problems with the Sonos Arc.

You could well be on to something there! I hadn’t thought of that but it would make sense.

Userlevel 1
Badge

would be very helpful to know whom to blame, which device to return..is it Samsung or sonos..

Glad someone else with the same setup is having the same problem, I've been in touch with samsung who have told me the issue lies entirely with Sonos, I'm thinking I might have to return mine if I can't find a solution soon!

Userlevel 1
Badge

This is happening to me on my LG C9 TV with Apple TV 4K and the Arc.  

With no pattern that I can establish, I will sometimes start a show with the Apple TV and get no sound. The Sonos app shows “no signal.” By adjusting the LG TV sound settings to flip eARC off then on again, the sound always comes back immediately, and continues to perform well, generally for days.

I’ve never seen it go out during a show. Only after a period of non-use. This does not happen every time. And it seems to happen for Atmos, 5.1, and stereo content alike.

The latest C9 firmware v04.80.03 supports the multichannel LPCM codec, which by default is in use by Apple TV 4K .. but not (yet) the Sonos Arc.

The answer is to change the sound out codec on Apple TV … I have the C9 TV and for most other devices it works well and in particular, it’s own built-in Apps for Netflix, Prime Movies, Disney+, Rakuten and ATV+ etc; all work fine and each support DD+ (Atmos).

Sonos have indicated the Arc will go onto support the multichannel LPCM codec at some stage this year. It appears LG are just slightly ahead of things with these matters.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have the q95t and I have my Arc wired straight into hdmi 3 (eARC) the Arc only shows the Arc as a HDMI Receiver as opposed to Receiver eARC - I have a horrible audio delay when using Atmos on my Xbox One X and I think a possible fix could be to enable audio pass through on the TV but this is only possible on eARC devices, which for some reason it doesn't seem to think the Arc is.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Very frustrating. 

Could the TV have taken a firmware update during those ten minutes? We know that the newest LG firmware for the C9 causes problems with the Sonos Arc.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Good to know someone has the same issues with the same setup FHboy. 

I personally think it’s a Sonos problem as well, interestingly if you try to change the sound output in the TV It shows the little green jumping graph on the Arc selection which surely means the TV is sending the signal to the Arc.

Very frustrating. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Ivan,

I have exactly the same set up and the same problem. I think it’s a Sonos issue personally. 

There’s too many 2020 Samsung’s not getting the eARC to work with this soundbar. 

I just hope Sonos engineers are looking into this issue. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Today I’ve taken delivery of a Samsung Q95T to get full Atmos, specifically to replace my Q9FN which doesn’t have eARC.

Excitedly I get it all set up and sounded amazing.

10 minutes later no sound through Sonos Arc, changed eARC from auto to off and Arc works.

Don’t know if this is a Samsung or Sonos issue but it’s VERY annoying, You don’t expect this when you outlay £2700 for brand new TV and £800 on a soundbar. I have 28 to return both items if no fix in this period they will be returned.