Answered

Sonos Arc Samsung Frame TV eARC not working

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

668 replies

This is happening to me on my LG C9 TV with Apple TV 4K and the Arc.  

With no pattern that I can establish, I will sometimes start a show with the Apple TV and get no sound. The Sonos app shows “no signal.” By adjusting the LG TV sound settings to flip eARC off then on again, the sound always comes back immediately, and continues to perform well, generally for days.

I’ve never seen it go out during a show. Only after a period of non-use. This does not happen every time. And it seems to happen for Atmos, 5.1, and stereo content alike.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Both my Frame TVs have issues. 2020 can get Dolby Atmos working sometimes by my 2019 will never get it working. 

Having the same issue on my 65” LG OLED B6. For a while I wouldn’t get sound from the TV when turning it on but a power cycle would fix it, however as of this morning the connection between the Sonos Arc and my entire surround set up will not connect to my TV. Really could use a solution to this Sonos. $2,000 for no sound is not a good deal lol

Badge

Add me the list… 75” frame.  Stutters every time I turn on the TV/Arc.  Have to unplug and replug the Arc to get sound.  However, no luck w eArc.

Badge

I just received the arc today and I too have the issue when the e-Arc is on with the frame 2020 55 inch. So far I have not play enough with it but the issue is there. When earc is off everything works fine including Dolby Atmos (DD+) but I the whole purpose of using the earc is to get uncompressed sound but I guess we will have to wait for a fix?

Would like to know if Sonos/Samsung are aware of this.

Userlevel 1

Same here. No luck.

Userlevel 1
Badge

When doing these types of updates, one can always force an HDMI handshake by pulling power on the TV (unplug from the wall outlet) and plugging back in.  I’ve seen that clear up settings that you thought were on, but never made it through to the other device(s).  

I’ve tired that. Still doesn’t work. Can’t turn on eARC

When doing these types of updates, one can always force an HDMI handshake by pulling power on the TV (unplug from the wall outlet) and plugging back in.  I’ve seen that clear up settings that you thought were on, but never made it through to the other device(s).  

Userlevel 1

Same problem here. Samsung The Frame 2020 50". Latest firmware update from Sonos 12.1

No luck getting earc functional.

Please fix it!

I’ve just gone back to the TV, powered it on and I have the usual problem of no sound. I restored sound by turning off earc, turning it back on again, then turning off Atmos compatibility and turning Atmos compatibility back on. So currently I have sound with earc mode on. This could be no change compared to version 12.0 but I never managed to get any sound through earc using version 12.0. 

75 " frame , arc sub and 2 ones

Updated to 12.1 and no change , still no earc - any steps we could follow to replicate your success?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I just installed the recent Sonos update (12.01) and now I can get sound through e-Arc mode for the first time. Not sure if the update was specifically to address this issue though.

I’ve updated to 12.1 and I’m still not getting sound through eARC. I have to have it off to get any sound. 

Did you do anything else apart from toggle eARC to auto? Thanks

I just installed the recent Sonos update (12.01) and now I can get sound through e-Arc mode for the first time. Not sure if the update was specifically to address this issue though.

Userlevel 2

Sonos - Can we get a comment on this.  I want to purchase a new Samsung q90 TV with a new ARC but not if they won’t work together! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Same issue on my 55 frame tv 

same issue on ARC & Q95T.

I have noticed two things:-

1) As noted during the issue, I have always lost the Sonos signal from the EARC source. I.e. I don't see the Sonos picture anymore, if I change to the Sonos source.

2) a quick unplug and replug of the HDMI cable from the ARC fixes the issue.

Might be worth checking these two issues/fixes to confirm same issue?

Same thing with EARC, but if I set to off, I still get Atmos and all works okay, until the above issue occurs every few days.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I’m also experiencing what I believe to be connection issues between the Sonos Arc and a 2020 model Samsung Frame 55”.

I’ve spent considerable time speaking to both Sonos and Samsung support and neither have been particularly helpful. The Samsung support in particular has been a criminal waste of time, as the only thing they know how to suggest is that you turn off/on or “factory reset” your TV.

After much trial and error the only way I found I could get the TV/Arc to “connect” was by power cycling both the TV and Arc.

However I’ve recently noticed that if I have the TV on, then switch to play music on the Arc, I am unable to toggle the Arc back to playing the TV sound again unless I again power cycle both the TV & Arc.

I never had this problem in the past with an older model Sony TV, optical connection and the Sonos Playbar.

I’m not sure if this is an eArc issue, a Samsung issue, a Sonos issue or a V2 App issue, but it is a huge functionality regression.

**Edit** - Now I’m struggling to replicate this, I experienced it organically a couple of times over the weekend but in typical fashion I couldn’t replicate when I called support. I’ll keep an eye on it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Given that it’s only on Samsung, and not any other brand TV’s , it’s hard to conceive of it not being a Samsung issue. 

I can’t speak to other TVs working or not but I am suggesting it could be a combination of the two (having done standards work before, subtle interpretations of specs by two parties can compound issues when they come together).   

But true, it could purely be a Samsung issue. They are definitely newer to eARC compared to say LG.

Regardless, hopefully Sonos can take a look and verify (and hopefully Samsung can too).

Given that it’s only on Samsung, and not any other brand TV’s , it’s hard to conceive of it not being a Samsung issue. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I’m seeing what seems to be similar issues on the Q90T and I posted here:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/sonos-arc-samsung-q90t-sound-cutting-out-anyone-else-6843526 

Other Samsung TV owners are saying the same thing. Hard to believe, given Samsung TVs are very widely used, that this is purely a Samsung issue.  How do we get more eyes on this? Until I see Ryan S responds, not sure if Sonos is noticing this.

Same issue here with Frame 2020 and Sonos arc. I get Dolby atmos but only when earc setting is OFF on TV. 

I have the same issue with Arc connected to Samsung Frame 2020 and eArc (Auto) -> no sound.

But having switched Samsung eArc to off - format to auto - dolby-atmos to on -

i get dolby atmos sound (also dolby atmos logo on S2 app) while playing e.g Jack Ryan UHD/dolby atmos via amazon prime app.

Hi All,

I got it to work and it’s been working the last few hours.  I unplugged the soundbar from the Frame and then switched to eARC Auto.  Once switched to Auto, I then plugged the Arc back into the OneConnect box and it’s been working for a whole movie.  Only time will tell if it continues to work..

Same issue here. I used the optical adapter that came with the Arc to fix the issue temporarily.

I’m experiencing all of the same issues with audio coming in and out and eARC not working at all. 

I have the same issues with The Arc connected To the 2020 Samsung Frame 65in and the eARC (Auto) no sound.

I have to power cycle the tv to get it to work.

seems Sonos doesnt wake when tv comes out of sleep mode (picture).

SBS On demand is also problematic, sound pulses on and off, sound drops out after several seconds then returns, unwatchable. I disconnected the Arc and no sound probs thru normal tv speakers.  
This is very frustrating considering the layout in $$ for the theatre speaker setup, sort it out Sonos please?