Lost surround and sub ( after update ?)

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1604 replies

I just installed the Sonos Assistant after reading the advice here. Did a full power cycle and tested for about 30 minutes. 

• Sonos Radio
  • Airplay music from phone directly to Sonos
  • Play music from Apple tv (Apple Music) - Atmos quality + regular quality
  • Netflix atmos movie
  • Netflix regular movie

Didnt break or drop a single beat! I have my Arc wired with Ethernet (had that since before the problems started).

Didnt have time to test with other apps, will try tomorrow evening if I can break it.

Only annoying thing that happend during the previous testing round is that my tv didnt recognize the Sonos system and just produced sound at one moment. This happens since I bought the tv, its a tv issue (Philips) and I need to power cycle the television for a fix. Happens once or twice a week to me. 

Sparkle of hope; thanks for giving us that Peter!

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Yes I’m interested to see if the HT channels match after a breakage 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

1 min in....

This system / company is a joke. What are we on a month now??? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

are there any official patch notes?

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

if this ends up coming down to changing my routers 5ghz channel I’m going off the grid and moving to the woods 

Badge

Just to throw my hat in the ring.  Cant say i’ve noticed dropouts but I have arc, with sub and 2 sonos 1 surrounds going to a Sony A8H.  Last night while watching my surrounds went out of sync with the arc.  Just about a second or two behind the arc audio.  I switched sources thinking it may have just been the imbedded audio (youtube video, stereo sound) but it continued on my cable box 5.1 source. I reset everything and my routers and the problem for now seems to have been fixed, however based on what i’m reading in this forum it seems I may be another impacted user.  Such a shame, my sonos has always been an absolute rock stable system.  Really disappointing to see how they are handling this as well.  They have always been great. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Not yet 

Hi All,

Sorry for delay - I had a lot of issues at work today so could not spend time during the day!

I have now completed the testing steps provided by the Engineer - which was to unplug everything from the TV except the ARC, and then play a couple of movies for 4+ minutes and send a diagnostic report.

The Engineer still wants to understand this CEC error. 

The error that I'm seeing on my end is that the CEC feature from the TV it has a false value for the ARC which should not happen and it has a true value for a different product that is connected to your TV, which might be the Apple box. 

Not quite sure what that all means to be honest, but he appears to be looking into this area.

Thanks,

Brad

My thoughts from the comment was that the Apple TV was attempting to steal away the CEC focus away from your Sonos ARC - have you perhaps tried the Apple TV with the CEC ‘TV control’ disabled in its settings, or is that something you tried earlier?

I’m currently airdropping music from iPhone to arc and it’s just coming out the arc itself, this is infuriating and not good enough, sent diagnostics 1409587017

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hang on, why is my ARC showing:

Mode: INFRA (sonosnet)

And my other speakers in my HT setup showing:

Mode: INFRA (satellite)

From a post by @ratty on another thread, he explained that INFRA was standard wireless. So why when I have a Boost and SonosNet is the HT showing as INFRA?

Also experiencing multiple issues since update 

diagnostic number 1539813299

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

I could not find any - and they don’t really provide a lot of detail on bug fixes anyway sadly.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi All,

Sorry for delay - I had a lot of issues at work today so could not spend time during the day!

I have now completed the testing steps provided by the Engineer - which was to unplug everything from the TV except the ARC, and then play a couple of movies for 4+ minutes and send a diagnostic report.

The error that I'm seeing on my end is that the CEC feature from the TV it has a false value for the ARC which should not happen and it has a true value for a different product that is connected to your TV, which might be the Apple box. 

Not quite sure what that all means to be honest, but he appears to be looking into this area.

Thanks,

Brad

I’ve mostly seen this issue trigger initially and destabilize my system when I have 2 Apple TVs connected and I switch back and forth. Not exclusively, but mostly. “false value for the ARC which should not happen and it has a true value for a different product that is connected to your TV” seems to track for me. I suspect others who mainly use tv internal apps might not identify with this as much though. FWIW my TV is an LG C1 if we want to establish this is happening across tv manufacturers so support doesn’t point to one tv manufacturer as being the culprit. 

May I ask why you’d have 2 Apple TV’s connected? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Like @peterbault, I’ve also *fingers crossed* haven’t really had any issues since installing the Sonos Voice Control.  It’s been fairly stable since installing 14.8, to be honest.  I think I had maybe one or two dropouts after 14.8 (and a lot during 14.6), but it’s all been good since.  

Since enabling SVC, I started experiencing lagging and have just removed it again. Don’t know what the solution to the problem is.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Damn. After my post above, it finally happened just now. 

I started watching TV on my LG CX (via internal freesat decoder), and surrounds were silent. 

Sonos iPhone app showed +?+? rather than the usual +LS+RS. Had to reinstall them to the setup and now I’ve lost my Trueplay tuning. Didn’t take long, but very frustrating- particularly after a long stretch of it being fine. 

That said, it’s definitely much more stable now. 

Support contacted & diagnostic sent. 

EDIT: I only got around to adding  Trueplay yesterday… Could this have made it unstable, I wonder…

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

J’ai soumis 4 diagnostic à Sonos aujourd’hui. Je parle en français marre de faire la traduction !! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Your post has been submitted. It will be published after a review by our moderators. I guess they are blocking negative comments.... My  diagnostic number was in there as well.

Seems they are worried more about perception than reality.

I really hope that is not the case.

It is the case. No profanity. Just a pointed question with my diagnostic number on why this is a failed system a month in the making...

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi All,

Thanks,

Brad

I’ve mostly seen this issue trigger initially and destabilize my system when I have 2 Apple TVs connected and I switch back and forth. Not exclusively, but mostly. “false value for the ARC which should not happen and it has a true value for a different product that is connected to your TV” seems to track for me. I suspect others who mainly use tv internal apps might not identify with this as much though. FWIW my TV is an LG C1 if we want to establish this is happening across tv manufacturers so support doesn’t point to one tv manufacturer as being the culprit. 

Another theory I had a while back is that the Apple TV is trying to steal the audio from the TV so it can play it to a HomePod (a feature that it possesses). Even if there’s no HomePod present and the Apple TV isn’t connected to an ARC/eARC port, it could be erroneously asking the tv for the audio explaining the error in CEC true/false value. Again doesn’t explain the issue for users not using an Apple TV or device with similar capability but seems plausible based on your info and my observations

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Trying this too. Didn’t have voice anything before. Just installed Sonos voice on the arc. Powered everything off for 10 minutes or so. We’ll see what happens. Not changing inputs, just different apps, audio formats.

Not holding my breathe, but who knows. I didn’t have a dropout from Fri thru Sun last weekend (blind luck), but on Memorial Day it did finally happen.

Here’s hoping...

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

my office setup is using 5ghz channel 5825 (165) hmm 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

May I ask why you’d have 2 Apple TV’s connected? 

The second is connected to my vpn router. Hasn’t been a big deal to live without it so I’ve mostly left it disconnected. Every time I try it again I trigger the issue and have frequent dropouts with any codec/app/source switching for a few days until I disconnect/reconnect and power cycle everything to restore stability. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

I really don’t want to jinx it but this would explain why seemingly a lot of users do not experience the issue and they obviously have made changes related to voice control in the run up to the new voice assistant so if there was a bug/regression it could be in that code path

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

my office setup is using 5ghz channel 5825 (165) hmm 

Why do you think that is a problem @peterbault?

Also, is your systems showing your HT rears and subs as being in which one of the below? (When you compare your two systems)

Mode: INFRA (sonosnet)
Mode: INFRA (satellite)

Génial. Qu'est-ce que Sonos a dit en réponse à ces diagnostics?

D'après ce que je vois, peu de gens ont été aussi proactifs que vous, malheureusement.

Badge

Is this issue occured also when you use ethernet connections or Sonos Boost?

I consider buying two Sonos Boost and move my system from wifi to separate network. Maybe it could be a solution. Or I will connect all home theater items with ethernet… (cheaper than boost) 🤔