Answered

Arc TV sound cuts in and out.

Show first post

751 replies

I have the same issue. I have a Samsung UN65TU7000F (2020) and using Rocketfish 4K Cables. It started from the first time, but I thought it was a cable issue, tried with different cables and the problem was temporarily solved for about a week. Today, I am having the problem again. Would like to know if its a software issue that will be solved with an update or a hardware issue to send it back. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I don’t know if it’s SONOS or the tv manufacturers, just wish they’d get this crap straightened out. It’s getting old! 

I’ve actually just phoned your technical support. After going through the diagnostics and consulting with the consultant I’ve been instructed to buy the Sub (I don’t have a Sub). That’s a disappointment. Apparently my system only gets Dolby 5.0 and not 5.1 because the lack of Sub 😞 @Corry P 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Still getting sound cutting out for a few seconds repeatedly on my arc, even after frame tv upgraded to 1402. Sonos needs to stop pointing fingers at TVs and fix their expensive broken gear.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

eARC working again today. I don’t get it . . . 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Krishma.  Does this mean we think a firmware/software update remotely will most likely fix the issue?   Or do you recommend everyone who has the issue to get replacements until further notice?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you - I just did that and I see 1402.1

So I guess now I wait and see

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Talvish 

I recommend testing the TV apps with Atmos. If they play without issues then the issue is likely with the TV passing-through audio from external sources. You could try swapping cables or plugging the XBox into a different HDMI port.

Same as above. I have a Samsung frame. I need to unplug the arc every time I turn the tv on in order for the sound to work. Otherwise, I get about 1 second of audio followed by 3 seconds of silence.  Please help!  Sounds great when it works.  

I have the same TV and the same issue above. I typically have to power cycle the Arc. Not fun when its mounted and plugged into the outlet behind the TV 

Also, I’ve notice I cannot join other speakers to the arc without it failing, unless I have at least one device plugged into the network. If everything is on wireless, I have no issues joining speakers/sub to other speakers etc., only when I have to pair it with the ARC :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I’ve actually just phoned your technical support. After going through the diagnostics and consulting with the consultant I’ve been instructed to buy the Sub (I don’t have a Sub). That’s a disappointment. Apparently my system only gets Dolby 5.0 and not 5.1 because the lack of Sub 😞 @Corry P 

That’s entirely expected - 5.1 is 6 channel sound, and if you don’t have the 6th speaker, there’s nowhere for that channel to play. Independently, at least.

In fact, the 6th channel is redirected to all the other channels, so that no audio is lost. With a Sub, however, it has a larger diameter of driver thus is more effective at reproducing large bass. All (any manufacturer) 5.1 surround systems are 5.0 if you don’t install a subwoofer - it’s in the definition.

In no way do you have to buy a Sub - only if you want the separated, better-defined bass that a Sub produces.

This is, of course, somewhat off topic. Are you still suffering audio interruptions?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Since updating yesterday to the latest Apple TV software, the audio issue seems worse. Atmos content plays fine, but non Atmos audio cuts in and out every second or two. This is only when playing content from my Apple TV 4K (plugged into an LG GX 65”, with Arc, Sub and 2 rears).

This is just ridiculous, I spent $3000 for the entire setup and this is the 10th time I write on this forum with another issue since June. 

I have exactly the same issue, used to be weekly but now its MULTIPLE times throughout the day! 

I have a Q95T Samsung, a PS5, and Sonos Arc with Sub + LB + RB. 

I restart the Sonos Arc and then its not even discoverable through the Sonos app, I have to do multiple restarts, when I do, I can access the app but then everything else is missing from the App other than the ARC so I have to restart the surrounds and the sub. 

It keeps happening when I switch between PS5/TV or TV ambient mode and Spotify. 

Samsung got an update a month ago I don't know if that’s the issue or Sonos are just completely trash but Im just so frustrated at this point. 

@Corry P yup. With new HDMI cables there was no difference. Still get sound drops every couple of minutes.  Only when playing Netflix, Apple TV or Prime. Music plays perfectly. I actually bought the Sub 20min ago. If that doesn’t stop it I’ll be really mad. 

Hi,

I have emailed my set up details now. I have removed an old Samsung Bluray player from my set up and since doing so, have found that I cannot replicate the sound issues (cutting in and out) again.

Its only related to my tv and eARC. And its been there a long time. My audio drops completly when switching source - native appe, tv tuner and Apple tv 4K.

Well I hope you find a solution to the issue, sooner rather than later - I assume you’re waiting for a TV firmware update too...🤔?

I have heard thousands of complaints on this same problem. With no fix. The smart thing to do is demand a refund. Return the speakers. Tell everyone that you know why you returned and stop buying Sonos until they care enough to fix the problem. When they see sales drop and subscribers leave then they we learn. What good is sound quality if you can not enjoy it without interruption. I am going to another system. I have no time to waste on this anymore.

I am having the same issue.   Have an LG OLED55C6B.   Had arc less than a week and sound just stops completely and reverts back to TV speaker.  

not what I expect from a sound bar that is nearly £1k.   

Userlevel 1
Badge

I'm having the same problem

LG OLED CX 2020 model - using EARC via hdmi to the Sonos arc

apple TV 4K 

when it starts happening it won't stop, even if I reboot the Apple TV. Have to reboot the whole tv or Sonos arc to fox it.

Have you upgraded the 12.0.5 firmware? It’s for the sub and Arc

Yep It forced me to, I just set it up today for the first time. Man this really sticks as I really like the arc. 

Folks, Forgive me if my ‘little’ knowledge is dangerous, but - it seems that the Arc is supplied with an HDMI 1.4 cable which supports Audio Return Channel (arc), but not eArc (see table at the bottom of here; https://www.techhive.com/article/3330376/do-i-need-a-4k-hdmi-cable.html ). For eArc you need a 2.1 or 2.2 cable.  The Sonos Arc has an eArc connector, so surely it requires a compatible cable, not the one supplied.  2.1 or 2.2 cables are cheap enough - worth a try. Regards

I have this problem as well. 2017 Samsung Q7F. The soundbar cuts in and out so frequently, I am ready to get rid of it all together. It’s mind blowing that this issue is ongoing for over 2 years without a solution. 

All I have been doing is “resetting” the system by unplugging from power for 10 seconds and replugging in, or changing the output to TV speakers for 10 seconds while messing with volume then changing back. Still not a solution by any means….

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Corry P yup. With new HDMI cables there was no difference. Still get sound drops every couple of minutes.  Only when playing Netflix, Apple TV or Prime. Music plays perfectly. I actually bought the Sub 20min ago. If that doesn’t stop it I’ll be really mad. 

To be clear, there is no reason to expect the addition of a Sub to fix the audio interruptions you’re experiencing. If this is the sole reason you’re purchasing a new Sub, please cancel the order.

If you’re buying it to enjoy full 5.1 surround sound, then you’re buying it for the right reason.

@Corry P. If it solves the audio interruptions I am getting its worth it. (I will also get the benefit of having the good base)  If I am still going to get the Audio drops with the Sub I’ll be really MAD 😡 

I see from KyleA’s post above it’s been reported to Samsung and they’re working on it together. It’s not really acceptable to not give us a estimated time of fix. This wasn’t a cheap product and was advertised as it would work with TVs worth eArc. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi folks. Here's an update for all users using Samsung 2020 QLED (LS03T) Range in the US.
Samsung released a firmware update version 1402.1 that may assist in mitigating the issue.
Currently, the update appears to only be available for US models and via a manual USB update.
Reach out to Samsung for further assistance and hope this helps.
We and the community are always here to help.

Has anyone with a Samsung TV update the version 1402.1 and the problem stopped?

diagnosis number 1285335881
2 minutes after the sound cut out, i have rebooted the tv and arc about an hour before the cut out, it made the strange kind of robot noise just before and before it came back