14.14 is out, did it fix Arc+Sub for you?

• 23 August 2022
  • 84 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

84 replies

There hasn’t been more than one release for iOS and Mac, so far, but you do need to update both the controller and the speakers. Often takes two separate actions. 

After the 14.14 update i find the "S" within speech very pronounced? If you know what I mean? Like "sssame" if that's an example?

Can you go back an update 14.12 I hate the "ssss" effect on speech.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Just updated to 14.14. The issue with Arc+Sub is not fixed. Anyone with better luck?

I’m still not 100% clear that this is only effecting Arc+Sub-gen 1, subs? I have Arc+Sub-gen2 with surrounds and have had no issues.

No one said it was only effecting Gen1.

I have Gen3 and am impacted by this.

Even their public post doesn’t specifically say Gen1..

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

It seems Sonos has released another update having the same version number but i guess the build number could be different. Can anyone confirm that please?  I did the upgrade 14.12 to 14.14 last night, but I am surprised to see another update from Sonos with the same version number. 

The second update is for the hardware 

This update just broke the ipad mini 2 trueplay IOS 12.5.5 -this os no longer supported 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I was excited to do the update but then remembered Sonos doesn’t actually care about their customers.  They roll out these updates weeks after people have been complaining.  I ended up proceeding with the update and as I thought, there was no change in sound.  I have an Arc, Sub gen 2, Sub gen 3 and 2 Sonos One’s.  The subs are set to +10 whereas they were set to +4 before.  The volume is still terribly low.  I have to put the volume up to at least 50/100 now on my tv to hear anything, but this started with 14.12.  They literally don’t give a *** since you already bought their product.  I’ve tried talking to their support for help but their only reply is to factory reset all the speakers, who has time for that? and then the pain of adding them back to Sonos.  

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I haven't noticed any issues, not sure what software version I'm on but typically this sort of thing is why I don't let my Sonos products update - this isn't the first nor will it be the last of a n update that breaks stuff 

Badge

The sub being absolutely nerfed has not been corrected. I won’t get into the Arc’s sound profile transformation, which I’m not a fan of either, because the sub being neutered is absolutely what’s most infuriating. 

Trueplay off or on, the sub used to absolutely floor me with how powerful it was. I have used the same songs to showcase it to friends and family since I set my system up, but those same songs are now completely lifeless. I wouldn’t show this system off to anyone at this point because quite frankly, it sounds like trash. 

This has been covered already in other threads but such a drastic change to the sound profile should be something the user has control over toggling on or off. To simply force a change on us that breaks what we initially paid for with no ability to roll back has got to be the worst move I’ve ever seen a company like this make. 

Thanks for the lack of communication, Sonos. You won’t be seeing another cent from this once loyal customer. 

What do you mean by “nerfed” though? If you mean that it’s simply not as overpowering as it was, then yes, it’s been corrected and balanced. I suspect your sound preference mirrors the trend of heavy bass at the expense of clarity and musicality. From my perspective the update’s made my Arc+Sub much more musical, and the Sub is more subtle and reinforces the sound (which it should), rather than lead the sound you hear. 

Userlevel 1

Just updated to 14.14. The issue with Arc+Sub is not fixed. Anyone with better luck?

Same issue. I had to put my sub to +3 and fix the treble to kinda make it sound ok but not happy