Answered

Support for Apple music with Google Assistant

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

141 replies

Hopefully this is resolved soon!

This appears to have a history going back two years!

I just spent Two Grand on a new Sonos system for Music and Home Cinema, only to find that I cannot play Apple Music on my Sonos ARC with my voice, as it STILL STATES APPLE MUSIC IS NOT SUPPORTED!!!!

How hard can this be to enable please Sonos? Apple Music works perfectly on all my Google Nest Speakers. Why does it not work on Sonos please?

After two years this should be fixed!!!!!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

As others have mentioned previously, I don’t understand why Sonos haven’t added support for Apple Music with Google Assistant yet.

The Sonos app supports Apple Music, newer Sonos devices support AirPlay 2, and Alexa on Sonos supports Apple Music as well.

Not adding Apple Music to Google Assistant just doesn’t make any sense to me. Sonos devices lack too many features when it comes to Google Assistant as it is.

The fact that Apple Music is available on Google’s cheapest speakers (and third party ones) but we don’t get support for speakers that cost hundreds is very frustrating and disappointing.

Apple Music is currently available only on Google Nest devices, a (legal) decision made by Apple and Google.

Play Apple Music on your Google Nest speaker or display

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Looks like most of us are trying to get a Google Home device (Nest Hub, etc.) to direct a Sonos speaker to play Apple Music. Has anyone had success getting a Sonos voice-enabled device (One, Beam, Arc) with Google Assistant enabled on that device to play Apple Music on that device itself?

good question, I only tried a Home mini and a home hub that I use as glorified doorbell chimes with nest hello then set Sonos as default speaker.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

just tried it directly on a Beam after swapping the built in assistant from Alexa to Google

still the same “Sorry, Apple Music is not Supported”

So Sonos will need to enable something their end

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have Sonos One's and Beam. 

I don't think the feature is available on Sonos at the moment. 

Would guess exclusive to Nest Speakers for a while. 

Well Apple. Musics worked just fine on my old JBL speaker though the assistant so not sure what the issue is there? 
My comment would be I find it hard to imagine that Sonos wouldn’t do this if they could. I have bought two more HomePod Minis where I would have bought the Sonos if it worked with Apple Music through Google. You’d have to assume Apple are the problem in the equation!

I also finished my google assistant setup. I managed to play one song using my beam and Apple Music. After that I get the message : Sorry, it looks like Apple Music is not supported on your room.

Strange I was able to run one song through Apple Music and after it is not supported. Can this be fixed please.

Once there was the possibility to control Apple Music via Google Assistant/Google Home using Siri, this worked on Sonos as well. No idea, whether you can still do that or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yRUhtB3vac

just tried it directly on a Beam after swapping the built in assistant from Alexa to Google

still the same “Sorry, Apple Music is not Supported”

So Sonos will need to enable something their end

I think your right.

I had to unlink Apple Music from Google Assistant in order to be able to add back again google assistant to my Sonos One

I also finished my google assistant setup. I managed to play one song using my beam and Apple Music. After that I get the message : Sorry, it looks like Apple Music is not supported on your room.

Strange I was able to run one song through Apple Music and after it is not supported. Can this be fixed please.

It appears that this issue has been ongoing for two years and Sonos still have not fixed the issue!

Even more hilarious is this thread is marked as resolved. 

Nothing resolves about something that does not work!

If you can enable Google Assistant on the Arc or any other compatible speaker, and you have ‘Apple Music’ as you preferred choice which works perfectly on Nest speakers, then it should work. No arguments.

Yeah this functionality needs to be added, I’m mystified as to why this isn’t a priority. Are you trying to get me to buy Google Nest speakers instead?

Just got my Sonos Roam and not able to control Apple Music with Google Assistant. Piss poor this functionality isn’t available, my £24 Google Home Mini speaker has no issues with the same commands.   

Like many others I am sure, I could not believe this functionality is not yet supported and that I must of been doing something wrong.

Trying to do a comparison of Spotify v Apple Music as the Apple One subscription seems worthwhile but not being to play direct from Google Assistant makes this a bit of anon-starter.

This feature unfortunately is still missing, what are the options of bringing this very much wanted request to Sonos attention?