New Google Assistant SiriusXM integration not supported?

• 7 November 2019
  • 85 replies

Userlevel 1

Google just released native support for SiriusXM via the Home app.  It is listed as a “radio” service.  I can use voice commands to start and stop stations just fine on the actual google home products (Hub, mini’s etc), however when I attempt to target my Sonos system for playback I am told by Google Assistant that the device is not supported.  For example, I say to my Home Hub “Sonos Kitchen play Phish Radio on SiriusXM”.  Google Assistant recognizes the command as valid with something like “OK playing Phish Radio on SiriusXM on Kitchen” ; immediately followed by “Sorry kitchen is not supported at this time”.  Is this a bug or functionality that is not yet built?  Please note that I am logged into the same SiriusXM account on both my Sonos system and the Google Home system.

85 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi folks,

SiriusXM using Google Assistant is not yet supported by Sonos. ...

We don't have any news to share today and we'd be happy to share your interest with the team.

Is the team even working on it?

Hi, @CHCN! This thread is being shared with the designated team and we’ll do our best here to catch up with all our customer’s interest as you all are our top priority. Thanks for your patience. 

Count me in the long-time-Sonos customer who is unhappy with Sonos and SiriusXM inability to work with Google Home.   SiriusXm works great with Sonos app.   It should be an easy fix.   Let me know when you fix this … or I’m going to have to sell my five Sonos speakers and Sonos soundbar and just put in an old fashioned applifier and wired speakers.

Can you at least explain to the group what the problem is?    Why isn’t it currently working?   What’s the hang-up?  

Userlevel 1
Badge

same issue here as well

Userlevel 1

I am having the same issue

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi folks,

SiriusXM using Google Assistant is not yet supported by Sonos. ...

We don't have any news to share today and we'd be happy to share your interest with the team.

Is the team even working on it?

Hey it’s only been 10 months, need more time to get around to flipping the switch.

Still not fixed.  Particularly frustrating because I have two locations and was unable to get Alexa to work in both, even after creating a second account using the new S2 App with the Beam only.  I finally gave up and went with the S1 App at my primary residence with Alexa, and activated Google Voice in the second location only to find out that I couldn’t ask it to play Sirius XM on the Beam.  Annoying to have to open the App to play XM.  Come on Sonos, this can’t be that hard...

Yea, want to add my voice to this complaint.

Same issue, go through the entire process to command SerusXM to play on Sonos speakers. Command is accepted only then to be told SerusXM is not supported by the requested Sonos speaker. 

yet have my SerusXM account linked to both Sonos and Google Assistant both work with SerusXM through their own app and equipment but no voice command works from Google assistant to Sonos speakers…

yet I can control Sonos from assistant for things like volume or stoping play on Sonos. 

come on Sonos, get your act together and fix this. Partial integration is useless integration. 

another Sonos failure

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi folks,

Currently SiriusXM isn’t one of the music services you can use Google Assistant on Sonos with for voice control. You can take a look at this page for the supported services. 

While I can’t comment on possible future releases, I’ll be happy to add the voices here to a feature request to add SiriusXM voice support to Google Assistant on Sonos. 

Adding to this thread as well. PLEASE update and fix.

I just switched from Alexa to Google Home Nest and just assumed Sirius, Sonos, and Google Home Nest worked together like Alexa. They all state they work with each other, which is weird they don’t. Maybe just not all at once...but then what’s the point. Thanks! 

Adding to this thread for further visibility. Didn’t realize Sonos was this far behind in terms of updates and integration. Extremely disappointing considering I went with their suite of products for this support. Might be returning the Beam 5.1 system and ones that I purchased if this continues.  

Adding my name in the hat here, this is incredibly disappointing.

purchased the new Sonos One for my parents, specifically for the Google Assistant feature, to replace their crappy google speaker and it’s a bust since they can’t operate the same way.

Badge +1

Plus 1.

I just spent ridiculous amount of time on the phone with GOOGLE HOME SUPPORT. They donèt have a clue about this. Be nice if it was fixed. Works great on Alexa. Might have to switch back :(.

Same here all my automation is set up with google 

LOU

I’m adding my voice to this thread to request SONOS fix the Sirius XM integration to stream using the voice command from Google Assistant. Please fix this ASAP!

Very disappointing

Yep - I guess Google hasn't updated Assistant yet to reflect SiriusXM's recent Sonos integration

Using the Sonos One for voice commands is getting aggravating.  It lacks so many of the features available through Alexa and GA.  The ability to play a music service through a speaker is so basic and one of the most common uses of voice commands...I can’t believe it is taking this long to add this feature!

This is truly pathetic and not only should Sonos should be embarrassed. I understand that these units have their own integration of Google assistant so I cant say their packaging is "False Advertising" but it's pretty darn close. When you pick up a package that bears the Google Assistant logo, you expect it to work!!

This is a Low blow from such a reputable company. Shamefull! 

I too am very unhappy that SiriusXM is not supported with Google Assistant on my Sonos Move. I purchased this speaker a couple of days ago wanting this to be my primary use for it. When can we expect this to be fixed?

Beyond DisAppointing 

This isnt rocket science or brain surgery. 

If engineers can't respond to this within 24 hours,  get new engineers,  or lose loyal customers

Sonos really is a poor company. Sad, actually. In the last 7 months since this post  they've managed to launch new product, release their own music service, major upgrade to the controller, piss off early customers, and the list goes on. 

Clearly, the feature is not going to be released. Suing Google probably didn't help the matter.

Sonos, why should I recommend your product to friends and family? Please, help me. What am I not understanding?

I’m experiencing the same problem and I see this issue is a month old. I’m new to Sonos. Do they respond to these threads???

Same problem here. It acts like it is going to play and at the last second it says not supported.

Same issue here.

Adding my voice here to add SXM integration thru Google Assistant!!