New Google Assistant SiriusXM integration not supported?

• 7 November 2019
  • 85 replies

Show first post

85 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Piratemunky, welcome to the community, and thanks for reaching out. I understand where you are coming from and I’ll keep you all posted here once we have an update. We and the community are always here.

What’s the deal - Just switched to Google assistant from Alexa and Google keeps telling me Sirius not supported. This needs to be fixed ASAP or I’m sending back all of my Google mini’s.  

Still doesn't work and it's been a year plus... Just wow... I guess sonos isn't going to make sure this integration exists?  I guess I should think about returning my speaker... 😐 ... Wouldn't have bought it in the first place if I knew it didn't work with one of the two music services I use... Very very very disappointed as this was my first sonos purchase and most likely my last

Earth to Sonos do you have any comment on why your products don’t yet support this?

I am hav ing the same problem.  Just bought the Sonos today thinking the integration with google would be so nice on a great speaker.  Disappointing I can use it the way I want to.

I spent 90 minutes today with Sonos tech support to resolve this same problem. I will say that at one point, i could command Google to play Sirius XM on my Sonos system. What surprised was that the tech on the phone, did not know that there is an issue with this feature, until he couldn't correct it until 90 minutes into the call. I believe that this may have something to do with Sonos direct plan to offer Sirius without a separate account. I have had XM radio since 2007. And I believe that this problem is a policy issue, not a technical one. Prior, Sirius was considered s music service, however, now it is listed as a radio service. Disgruntled...

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Any update on native XM radio support with audio ducking support?

How is this not fixed? 

alexa and SiriusXM have had major issues for me lately so I switched to Google assistant and find out this ain’t even possible?

Sonos just continues to get worse with time. I actually am starting to miss my old setup of google chromecast  audios. It was simple and worked and cheap! 

I shouldn’t have to start XM on my phone every time. It should work well with the voice assistants. 

Here we are years later and this basic command still doesn’t work. Not sure to 😆 or 😭. 

Is the Sirius/Google Assistant enhancement in your pipeline?  Get this fixed asap.  My Sonos One purchase will be my last Sonos product purchase until this is fixed.  I can’t believe the age of this thread and this issue is still not fixed.  Also I find your lack of transparency about the Google Assitant/Sirius limitation prior to my purchase off side.

Puckhog

I have the same issue. Hope they can resolve this issue soon.

Hi @Krishma M 

What’s the latest news on getting SiriusXM to work with Google Assistant? What has been the team’s response when you bring up this issue? Does Sonos intend to address this bug, or is this something that Google needs to fix? 

Thanks!

Badge

The answer here is that Google hates their users just slightly more than Sonos does.

Hi there - 2 years later and still looking for an update on this. Still no ability to get Google Assistant to work with SXM on my Beam (Gen 2). 

I see these comments are quite old so I'm unsure if this is still an acknowledged issue. I can't get Google to control Serius xm via Google voice Assistant and play on Sonos. All other radio and music services seem to work fine via voice Google to Sonos.  

Also my music files in Music Library cannot be Google voice controlled to play on Sonos.

I’ve never joined a thread in my life but this is beyond frustrating. Enough people have voiced their concerns. It’s been a year. Get your $hit together and give the people what they want. Give us a timeline. Give us something. @Krishma M sounds like a politician dodging everything. 

Black Friday deals look great but I'm not purchasing another sonos product till this is shorted

Lou

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @macs, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern. Let me share some information with you. SiriusXM is not yet supported by Google Assistant in the Sonos app. We don't have any information to share with you at the moment regarding this feature. However, you can start playback on SiriusXM using Alexa. We'd like also to recommend bringing this concern to SiriusXM and Google. If you have any further questions, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Tod, thanks for reaching out with the Sonos Community! We greatly appreciate you being a part of the Sonos family. It is our pleasure.

SiriusXM is currently available with Alexa only and please remember, that despite some music services not working with certain voice assistants, a user can start playback in the Sonos app and a user can control that music service's playback via voice with commands like play, pause, mute, skip, next, stop, resume, etc.

As promised, I’ll pass this along with the team and we’ll let you know once it’s available. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding. 

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with. We and the community are always here.

Hi @Tod, thanks for reaching out with the Sonos Community! We greatly appreciate you being a part of the Sonos family. It is our pleasure.

SiriusXM is currently available with Alexa only and please remember, that despite some music services not working with certain voice assistants, a user can start playback in the Sonos app and a user can control that music service's playback via voice with commands like play, pause, mute, skip, next, stop, resume, etc.

As promised, I’ll pass this along with the team and we’ll let you know once it’s available. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding. 

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with. We and the community are always here.

Sirius XM is fully supported on my google home, but it does not work on my Sonos Beam with Google assistant enabled.  Seems like Google Supports it but Sonos does not.

Amazing that it's been years and this still hasn't been implemented.  I got rid of all my Alexa products and switched to Google, so lost this functionality. Sadly it seems it's about time to start phasing out my Sonos products now.  At least the speakers scattered around the house.  Probably keep my TV setup for now.  Sad that Sonos is more focused on holding a user base hostage rather than providing functionality to attract them.  The Sonos app is clunky and the barrage of advertisements is annoying.

Guys this is embarrassing.  This thread is well over a year old.  You can’t stay in business if you can’t improve the Google assistant integration Quickly.  This is some pretty basic coding work.  I have a Sonos system with over 10 speakers and even getting Google assistant loaded onto the system across all the speakers was embarrassingly slow.  Let’s go team.  You’ve gotta be better.  

Very sad.

I know there is a workaround by playing Sirius XM via the Sono App but not having the voice command via Google Assistant was something I wasn’t expecting to happen when I bought my Sono One. To be honest, I may need to return my Sono One and go with a competitor.

It would be great to know when this will be supported in terms of timelines. If I knew this was on the way, I may decide to keep my Sono One and not go to a competitor. It’s clear from this thread that people would really love for this to be supported. Considering Pandora/Sirius XM are now one of the top music streaming companies by market share, this should be enough to make this urgent.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Joelc, thanks for reaching out with the Sonos Community and for bringing that up. We understand where you are coming from and I don't have any details as to if it'll happen or have exact timing to share at this point, but I'll make sure the team knows people are asking and will update this thread when we do. 

Just let us know if you need anything. We and the community are always here to help.