New Google Assistant SiriusXM integration not supported?

• 7 November 2019
  • 85 replies

Show first post

85 replies

Can’t believe google assistant is integrated by I can’t get the Sonos to play Sirius using it. What a major fail!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Any update on this?  When will we be able to stream SiriusXM on Sonos One via Google Assistant?  It works fine on Google Home, why not Sonos One?

Userlevel 1

Any progress on this problem?

Userlevel 1

Is there any update on this? I just set up a new Sonos One G2 yesterday and had to choose between Alexa or Google Assistant. I was led to believe that SiriusXM would work with Google Assistant, and it almost works. As others have described, when I say, “Hey Google, play [channel] on SiriusXM,” the Sonos replies with “Sure, playing [channel] on SiriusXM,” followed immediately by, “Sorry, it looks like SiriusXM isn’t currently supported on Kitchen.”

At first I thought maybe it was because SiriusXM wasn’t set up in the Sonos app, only in the Google Assistant app.* (At support.sonos.com/s/article/3467, it says, “Make sure that any music services you add in the Google Assistnat app have also been added to your Sonos system in the Sonos app.”) I’m not sure why that’s required, but anyway, I did it, and it still doesn’t work.

I can play SiriusXM stations on my Sonos speaker using the Sonos app. And I can play SiriusXM stations on my Sonos speaker via AirPlay using the SiriusXM app. I can even use the Google Assistant on my iPhone to play SiriusXM stations on my iPhone. But it won’t play them to the Sonos speaker (it gives a similar response about not supported), and I can’t use a voice command on the Sonos to play SiriusXM, which I was really hoping to do.

Do I need to start all over again and try with Alexa instead? I don’t really have the time to keep messing with things that may or maybe not work, and overall if I have to use one of these two companies’ voice assistants, I think I prefer it to be Google’s.

Are others still having this problem?

_____

*I didn’t add it in the Sonos app at first because SiriusXM wasn’t offered as an option when I looked at the list of available music services in the Sonos app. SiriusXM Canada was offered, because I’m in Canada. But I subscribe to SiriusXM in the US, not in Canada. When I changed my country to US in my Sonos profile, it then allowed me to add SiriusXM as a music service in the Sonos app. But, like the other people commenting here, the voice integration still doesn’t work.

Added to the list.  Same here, incredibly frustrated!!! 

This is truly unfortunate. As a family we are ditching Amazon in its entirety. Since Siri can sometimes be a little unreliable despite a house full of apple products and doesn’t have a wide range of products to control integrations, Alexa had filled in that gap. I was hoping that google would have the same or more feature function. I guess manual control of my Sonos system it is. Hopefully Sonos picks up the pace with these updates, before someone else in the market swoops in and starts taking their business. It’s already frustrating that the airplay 2 functionality doesn’t work well. Add this to the list I guess. 

I will add my name also. SiriusXM works fine with Google Assistant via iPad playing on iPad but will not work via Sonos Google Assistant. Same as others above. 

Amazing that it's been years and this still hasn't been implemented.  I got rid of all my Alexa products and switched to Google, so lost this functionality. Sadly it seems it's about time to start phasing out my Sonos products now.  At least the speakers scattered around the house.  Probably keep my TV setup for now.  Sad that Sonos is more focused on holding a user base hostage rather than providing functionality to attract them.  The Sonos app is clunky and the barrage of advertisements is annoying.

Sonos has nothing to do with this functionality, it is wholly on Google, and they aren't playing nice with Sonos right now.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

I would like to weigh in here as well!

I have been a SONOS user since it was first introduced some 20+ years ago; still have 3 or 4 CR-100 controllers on a shelf!

I have a fairly extensive and just upgraded SONOS system because of the S1 --> S2 transition and did not want the aggravation of managing / navigating two systems.

I am disappointed that in all the engineering work that must have been done over the last 2+ years with all the G2 products that have been released that this has not been fixed.

As others have asked, please JUMP ON THIS AND GET IT FIXED!

Thanks in advance!

PS. It is very confusing that a SONOS -- a company that prides itself on its music service integration -- has let this fall between the cracks.  The proposed workaround -- start Sirius on your phone and then use GA to control Sonos -- defeats the very purpose of voice assistance!

Same issue. 

One more voice!  This is particularly galling, since I only added the SiriusXM streaming service to my SiriusXM subscription (which includes 3 radios) for Google Assistant support on Sonos. 

Any update on this, Jeff S?  Can't be very difficult given that it already works with Alexa  

Badge

Was about to buy a pair of sonos when i found this - will look elsewhere as I don’t intend to move to alexa and need my siriusxm.  

Another dis satisfied Google customer. Voice commands on Google to stream Serius  XM to Sonos should be a standard capability. I've e mailed both google and Sonos complaining without result.

Userlevel 1

Hi folks,

SiriusXM using Google Assistant is not yet supported by Sonos. ...

We don't have any news to share today and we'd be happy to share your interest with the team.

Is the team even working on it?

Badge

Chiming in mainly so I get updated if it changes, but if Alexa can do it, Google needs to make it happen too, because I use Google Assistant for everything, so not being able to do so with Sonos seems silly. 

The integration between Alexa, SiriusXM, and Sonos works fine. However, I am having the same problem experienced and reported by others on this ticket with Google Assistant, SiriusXM, and Sonos. 

Just switched everything over from Alexa to Google Assistant and spent the last 3 days trying to figure out why SiriusXM wasn’t working. I primarily listen to SiriusXM and very shocking this basic feature hasn't been developed yet. Rethinking my support of future Sonos purchases. 

Badge

Jumping on the bandwagon as well… Purchased the Google Nest WiFi last week, love the product, figure I’d give the integration a try for some of the other services, works well.  Ordered a Google Nest Mini with the intention to replace my Echo Dot. 

Looks like I may just return the Nest Mini as I cannot get the SiriusXM to work even though its linked in both Sonos, and Google Assistant.

If Sonos needs a tester, hit me up, I’m stuck at home for who knows how long thanks to COVID.  May as well make some use out of us.

Still nothing on this I'm been waiting for it to be resolved before i pull the trigger on the sonos move been waiting for a while now.

This needs addressed immediately, having integration with the standard voice assistants is paramount to usability. First time Sonos owner noting a major fail in integration....

Just bought my today. I hope they fix this soon!

Userlevel 2

We keep getting the same response here. Can someone at least tell us if this integration is actually going to happen? At least tell us that. 

I spent an hour with Sonos support today about this exact problem. Wasted one hour of my life only to be escalated to a supervisor saying ‘Sirius XM is not supported’!!

[Thank you for working with me today. As we discussed on our call these are the music services that should work with Sonos and Google Assistant: Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, Deezer, Tidal (Only supported if added to Sonos app and using an explicit command: "Hey Google, play Adele from TIDAL."), TuneIn and YouTube Music.] 

So pissed!!

🤨

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks, thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community, @Coopz15. I understand that we all want this kind of integration and I'll make sure your voice is heard with the team and users are still asking. 

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with. We and the community are always here.

Hi folks,

Currently SiriusXM isn’t one of the music services you can use Google Assistant on Sonos with for voice control. You can take a look at this page for the supported services. 

While I can’t comment on possible future releases, I’ll be happy to add the voices here to a feature request to add SiriusXM voice support to Google Assistant on Sonos. 

Jeff, please add my voice as well.  Can you tell us if this is at least in the works or planned?

We have Google Home speakers everywhere and use SirusXM all the time.  We just updated our house with Sonos sound bars on every TV and two Sonos amps driving in-ceiling speakers on our patio.  Beyond disappointed that I can’t ask Google to “play Road Trip Radio on patio”