Google assistant on Sonos one not responding

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

104 replies

Yep, it's sonos cause google home mini works perfectly.
Also worked two weeks back, now it doesn't do anything, totally useless..
Sonos is looking into it
Example:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/MTru1gJcPQTVAPBs6

I just bought my sonos one 2 days ago and can’t seem to get google assistant to work. Have the same issues as in the video above 😞 It only works about 10% of the time. Changing the setting did nothing for me.

Bought a few 2 and assistant getting the unknown voice command issues... After 2wks of messing around I returned and got an exchange... Sonos advised I didn't have the issue you're referring to on this thread, it must be another. New speaker has arrived and guess what, it doesn't work. Given this has been going on with sonos for about a year I'm assuming they can't fix it and therefore seem to be miss selling this product. So very dissapointed in Sonos!

mine is about to be return also, a $400 speaker, this thing should work as advertised. mine ignores anything said after “ok google” Guess i’ll try the smaller bose portable speaker and see if theirs works as advertised with GS it’s $50 less.

Once I checked I’m in on GA using data from my activity , it worked . Maybe coincidence … but I had unchecked it earlier. 

Its in the get the full experience section on the home screen of GA (with the mic)

Just set up new Sonos One with Google assistant.
The Sonos controller works and I can stream radio/music through the Sonos One.
If I speak to the Sonos, the music goes quiet so the microphone hears me saying 'ok google', however I get no response from Google.
If I speak with my Google Assistant mobile device active, then Google response does come from the Sonos.
Any ideas Guys?
Thanks
DD

Has there been any resolution to this? I'm having the same problem on my Sonos One (Gen2) speaker