Support Windows 8 RT for Surface Tablet and Windows Phone 8 for Mobile Devices

Badge
This is not a full windows 8 platform but will work new surface tablet and Samsung and others plan to use this OS which is not fully windows 8 compatible. It would be very helpful if sonos would support this as the tablet looks promising.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

941 replies

What's the latest on this, Sonos? 5 months ago there was the hint of something exciting and we haven't heard anything since. About 1 in 20 smartphones sold run Win8 and it's the platform with the highest growth rate by far. And whether or not there is going to be an app dictates whether or not I buy a new Sonos for Christmas...
Would love to buy a Sonos Playbar, Sub, and couple of Play1s, but need apps for Winodws 8 and Windows Phone!
Hi, I'm new to the forum and I'm surprised to see that Sonos has not replied to this issue over the last 5 months (!?). Just for your information: I think Sonos is missing a significant growing community here. The market share for WP8, RT and WP8 tablets passed the 10% mark (volume sold) in UK and France the last couple of months... The popularity of the new Nokia phones/tablets and the uptake of these products with the US carriers looks very promising for the US too... If you are in the process of developing the WP8 app and you need beta-testers, then please drop me a line. I'd be happy to help out (I'm sure the 1,315 people on this tread would help out too :-))
Looking to buy but not till Xbox music and Metro apps are available
I also need Windows Phone and Windows 8 app...  That´s the only way forward..
Userlevel 2
It is time! Surface 2 is out and Sonos needs to step up with the RT controller.
5 months on and no update from above... 
Been waiting too long for WP controller, please announce schedule for release (if you have any...). Also thinking about extending my sonos setup but feel reluctant to do so. I have the Phonos app and its working but its not enough...
Official update on this issue would be appreciated...
I am a big fan of your company and products...and the array of your products I have in my home demonstrate that.

Big question...when are you going to support the Windows Phone? I really don't like having to make a phone buying decision based on Sonos support...as I am sure you wouldn't either.
I really want to buy a Sonos system, but the lack of support for my tablet and phone (Surface RT and WP8) is what's holding me back.
I am waiting to buy a sonos system for four of the rooms in my house until Xbox music and windows support comes out.  I know I'm not the only one.  Sonos could make more money from their product if they would support Windows! 
Come on Sonos, if you want to be series you need to develop a Windows 8 app. There are more than 300 millions PC shipped with Windows 8 around the world every year and I would bet more than 70% of the Sonos owners have a Windows PC at home.

Can you at least publish the SDK so I can develop na APP ?
Come on. This should have been up months ago. What is your timeline?
Userlevel 1
Come on Sonos, get that WP8 app in there... We've been waiting for ages !!!
How can it take months/years to release a controller for windows phones?
This is just bad service..
I wanted to buy Sonos for my mom for Christmas.  She uses a Surface.  Come on Sonos...
I have been so impressed by Sonos in friend's houses, and have been ready to jump for more than a year. I keep looking for windows apps to become available before investing. I'm not a fan of i-phones (with all due respect), and resent the obsession/exclusivity deals that Apple seem to weald on a global scale. No reason (as far as I can see) has been given for the lack of Windows phone based apps & I don't feel prepared to wait any longer as precisely nothing seems to be happening, & no hope offered. I'm now looking for the same concept from another brand.
Where is the Surface App! Christmas is coming!
I am actually planning to buy into Sonos relatively soon, but i will be holding off until we get windows phone support, its a must as its my phone!
Userlevel 2
Seriously Sonos - I am looking at purchasing the soundbar and associated speakers but this is just silly.  Can you update the official response???
Would love to get an update from Sonos support.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
More than 10% of mobile phones in Europe are Windows Phones and the share is growing rapidly. I'm planning to use my Sonos devices and buy some more to my new house but my children have Windows Phones. Any promise would do. I can wait some more months but I have to know whether a controller for Windows phone is coming or not. Or should I build multiroom system without Sonos?
Userlevel 1
hi sonos, 

I have bought a phone nokia lumia 920 and it lacks a sonos compatible apps
Add me to the list. Love my Sonos set up but also love my Surface. Its a pain to have to go to my PC when roaming the house :)
I am a huge Sonos fan. Have it in most rooms in our house and have given it to all of our 3 kids for their homes. Just purchased a Surface RT and sorry to see no controller available. Understandable but disappointing. Hope this may be in development.