Please go back to the last app, the update sucks SO bad!

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

397 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Merry Christmas Andrew.
Its mind boggling how terrible the update is. Complete disaster. I literally just put all my stand alone speakers on craigslist. I have 2 amps that i use for non sonos speakers on my deck which ill keep until i find a decent replacement option
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Its mind boggling how terrible the update is. Complete disaster. I literally just put all my stand alone speakers on craigslist. I have 2 amps that i use for non sonos speakers on my deck which ill keep until i find a decent replacement option

“The one you gave away”
Userlevel 6
Badge +7

“The one you gave away will be the only one you’re wishing for”
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
There are apps like Sonospad and I would assume with new api depvelopers are free to use as they choose.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
How has Spotify and pandora access become antiquated making the controller ifentical to the newest spotify app. I’m not a fan of current release but antiquated it is not.
I cant access my Daily playlists or radio stations without a lot of moving around. It was much easier with the old version
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Remember to also try linking categories in Spotify or pandora to quick menus in my Sonos.

The getting now playing out of the way is a pain. Hopefully fixed real soon. Have you competed it to the Spotify app (they are identical - which to me isn’t a good thing)
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Reminder. The old app isn’t coming back. Just saying you hate the new app will do nothing to improve the next updates. Posting what you think would help fix the current version would be the best way to shape the controller of the future.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Good post Burt
Userlevel 2
Reminder. The old app isn’t coming back. Just saying you hate the new app will do nothing to improve the next updates. Posting what you think would help fix the current version would be the best way to shape the controller of the future.

That's too bad. All the years I've been with Sonos I never considered they could do something that would make me want to sell all of it and buy something else.

It's not my job to tell Sonos exactly how to fix this, aside from telling them that I was perfectly satisfied before they decided to change the interface.

If someone needs to be taught how to use it - IT'S A FAIL. Bottom line.

I haven't bothered to post here until now because I thought that maybe I just needed time to adjust. That hasn't happened. It sucks now as much as it did the first time I used it. I've posted to numerous threads today and I've been flabbergasted by the volume of posts and threads telling Sonos that this is broken. Yet here we are, with Sonos apparently digging in thier heels. How incredibly frustrating.

There is a lot of competition now in this space, and if this is where Sonos wants to plant their flag, I'm out. I can only truly vote with my wallet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
All the years of owning Sonos. So you were fine the last time they changed the application to the one we just had - which everyone threw a fit about several years ago? Such drama.
Which changed significantly from 5.0 to 5.3 for tablet users - that is a fact. From 5.0 to 7.4 there were 25 releases that improved the software. Stop pedalling your BS Chris.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Nice John but there were not many interface changes at all. There were a lot applied to feature changes - and actually many like queue changes were far for the worse thank you. For me the 5.0 was better than the horrible 7.4. Actually get facts before calling BS to those of us who have been here discussing during that entire period. I see why you get on jgatie dark side. You like to make personal attacks.
Userlevel 2
All the years of owning Sonos. So you were fine the last time they changed the application to the one we just had - which everyone threw a fit about several years ago? Such drama.

My first Sonos the controller was that big thing with the spin wheel on it. Then I bought the dedicated touch controller. Then when that stopped working I went to the apps. So yeah, I've seen it all.

I haven't been thrilled with every update, but no, I didn't feel the need to post to the forums about it. I've never, until now, found any Sonos interface to be unusable or unacceptable.

Call it drama if you want.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
He didn’t ask
Much for a welcome. Someone coming Her ewithba foul mouth and nothing but say how everything sucks and such a fail and provide no useful comments or information doesn’t make for a real welcome member of the community.
Nice John but there were not many interface changes at all. There were a lot applied to feature changes - and actually many like queue changes were far for the worse thank you. For me the 5.0 was better than the horrible 7.4. Actually get facts before calling BS to those of us who have been here discussing during that entire period. I see why you get on jgatie dark side. You like to make personal attacks.

Wrong Chris. Your memory fails you. The interface on the tablet changed as the phone and tablet app for 5.0 were nearly identical. That is a fact.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Backpedaling. Do you listen to me at all. 5.0 I was never a fan of. Where did I say it was good. It is better then 7.4 because from 6.0 on messed up how you click to add to queue. I have said multiple times I prefer the 4.0 interface.

You cause conflict and belittle me for no reason. I am consistent in everything I have said about the controller past and current. You feel you need to criticize me to prove some unknown point that has nothing to do with providing input as to how to improve on the 8.0 design. I have not personally attacked you in any manner I know of but you feel the need to try and push my buttons for unknown gain.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If my child says something sucks I tell them they have a foul mouth. Maybe I have a different opinion then you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Those of you that just want to compliance and give no feedback on how to improve are destined to just be unhappy. I guess you all juat want to e here to complain amongst yourselves and provide no value to Sonos in making future updates. Enjoy yourselves. I chose to continue to express what I would like to see in next and future controllers as to hopefully have my voice heard vs just being a part of the complainer crowd (which don’t seem to get through their heads that version 7 or anything like it will never return).
I have been posting to try and show the realty of the change from 4.3, which was also my favourite Chris, to 5.0, which is not the version that is being portrayed on here by quite a few as there were significant early changes made to the software after reaction from the public.

Comments such as the following made me post the reality of the situation after the release otherwise I would have remained quiet:

Userlevel 1
Badge
My system no longer works. All of my controllers keep insisting that I upgrade, but every upgrade installation fails. So now I have a dead 9-room system. THANK YOU MORON SONOS PRODUCT MANAGER! How do I get out of this brain-dead beta program?

Harsh... I'm sure if you call them up they will sort you out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Enjoy yourselves
Userlevel 1
Badge

Harsh... I'm sure if you call them up they will sort you out.

Actually, I'm not sure being called a moron or having your product called brain-dead would hasten anyone's effort to sort them out. Been in software and support for 30 years, and support calls like that get put in what we call the "sick fish tank". ;)

Me too - damn right!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I was the one being bashed actually for providing facts insight and suggestions vs just spewing hate. But I see now that’s what you all enjoy and want. You all will be gone in next few weeks and then I can go back to having sensible conversations with those who are actually here for that. You all will move on to hating on something or someone else to pass your time.