Please go back to the last app, the update sucks SO bad!

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

397 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
Thanks for the sonopad suggestion. Could work for a lot.

And thanks Burt. I have migrated indeed but this kind of message does not yet serve any purpose in the Bluesound community. Maybe in a couple of years. I have raised my concerns there however on how long it will take for them to follow sonos in this run for economic growth.

And I have not entirely migrated. In my business we still use sonos in multiple areas. Not happily but not as flexible there to just change that to a different system.

But thanks for the smile. 🙂 back.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Mr Deezz I just entertained myself by visiting the Bluesound forum and funny enough below is the first post I landed on:

“Multi-platform search, Apple Music and others
I have recently moved from Sonos to Bluesound but am fast regretting this decision as at least 2 key features are missing.

1. Cross platform search - it's very clunky to have to search each source. I have Qobuz, Tidal, My own library and Apple Music. Sonos is so much more user friendly

2. Apple Music - once again Sonos has support for Apple Music whilst BS doesnt. So it's not a technical issue or a problem at Apple's end one would assume. I can see requests going back years for this and no good reason why it hasn't been added. Just how many Apple Music users are there in the world!

3. OSX version of BS doesnt list Qobuz playlists in search results. App does.

4. Bluesound support doesn't play at all well with Safari.”

ENJOY YOUR NEW SYSTEM. ???

Thanks for the smiles indeed. That’s correct. But not a problem when using only Deezer. Multi platform searching can slow down searching significantly as I have experienced using Deezer, Spotify, Apple Music and a local database at the same time and cannot be switched off. I prefer the search per service.

The iPad version of the controller is beautiful with all relevant info nicely presented.

As said Bluesound is not perfect. But for our family way more enjoyable that the recent sonos app experience. For us sonos is less perfect.

I truly wish sonos would be doing something about the end user experience since we depend on it in our business. But I don’t count on it anymore.

But we’re diverting from the point I wanted to make. Sonos has changed and will not change back. Deal with it, stop complaining or take your loss and spend your time and money elsewhere.

However I do like the conversations here and I certainly like the people working for sonos. I do believe the people in sonos have the best intentions and want to be proud in what they do. And you can’t please all.
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
I have nothing to deal with Deezz. Sonos’ forever change is a terminal problem for you - not me. And like you say I do believe the guys st Sonos are genuinely working to improve the system for all.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
SO SONOS, WHATCHA GONNA DO? GONNA GIVE THE OPTION FOR THE PREVIOUS APP VERSION OR SLOWLY DEGRADE YOUR PRODUCT LIKE APPLE DID? 🆒:D:?
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Still love your product though, just wish you kept the original gui.... It was perfect!.... Still waiting on an outdoor play5 similar sound speaker and a tesla batt with solar panel option version for backyard use 🆒
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Return of previous version never happening. Update to new version pending.

Supposedly Sonos looked at doing a portable outdoor speaker about 3 years ago and cancelled the project as they didn’t see it being viable from sales perspective.
Even if all your versions are equal and you never update again, external changes will eventually cause music service support to drop off, such as what happened to folks frozen at version 4.x when the BBC changed codecs, Spotify changed APIs, or Sonos changed authentication security on AWS.

It would be easy enough to update codecs and apis and authentication security without changing the UI to any extent, if at all.

Except Apple doesn't allow you to maintain more than one app, you can only freeze old versions at the time they were released. Plus it is a logistical nightmare for Sonos. No way around it, if you run an old version, eventually it will cease working as services and security get updated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Keeper - I like some of the interface options with sonospad and the fact you can put it in mode where the queue is protected (which Sonos refuses to give us). I tried it a while and I gave it up primarily because I think the universal search is one of sonos’ strongest points and you lose that with Sonospad.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Yeah well not everyone has a home built from scratch with the option to include 14/4 to the backyard from the laundry room with a connect amp waiting for it and in a world where the backyard is becoming part of the living space and to entertain it's time to come up with that last piece of badass tech to add to their arsenal of taking over the multi room audio craze....Also why don't they have the option to put the connect and connect amp in 5,6, and 7.1 sound sound mode? I have 5 speakers in the ceiling....I'm listening to the tv in stereo between 4 speakers and the center one is on the left side....so stupid, it has optical in! Also if your going to make a white speaker include the grill as white as well don't give us salt and pepper shakers lol still love you guys! I'm just saying.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You had me at 1

Actually I don’t really want to go back to the old way (it was better but still had it’s flaws when multiple users). I think you can leave it as it is now but allow it to be put into party mode where only add to end of queue and and next in queue are the only options. (The pop up when clicked or hit the ... you get same options).

I agree the room menu (which the rooms are way too large in size so few per page) why have the group button only shows when in focus. I think Sonos really wanted all grouping done on red room menu so here it was just a duplicate afterthought (but the place we all have always grouped from)
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Play:1 has the grey grill. They made the Play:1 tone with matching grill for limited time. Then the new Sonos One that replaces it kept the same Play:1 tone styling matching the grill colors.
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
We had company come a couple of months ago who had never seen a Sonos before. I handed him my iPhone with the Sonos app already opened and said play around with it and see what you think. He had it pretty much figured out in a few minutes. Same friend came yesterday and not used a Sonos since his last visit. The first thing out of his mouth was " What the hell happened!" Oh well.

And what’s your take away from that?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
There are other companies wireless outdoor speakers that can be hooked to Sonos Connect.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1

And what’s your take away from that?

That the new version is absolutely fabulous, as our guests won't be able to sneakily play their own music on our systems? :8
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Chris I think your outnumbered, .....turn the new app into the old ways of control and I think everyone will win
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I don't want other companies wireless crap hooked up to my sonos....that play5 is amazing! I'm a sound engineer and I know good quality when I hear, see and feel it. I've built massive sound systems and this little compact speaker ratio to other larger speakers slaps them across the mouth
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Outnumbered. I’m just telling you Sonos will not role back to old version. That has nothing to do with my personal opinion of apps.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Well as far as we know they will not be releasing an outdoor speaker. I just have my comments on the fact that the project was scrapped. Again I am not giving you an opinion on my end if warranted or not. Unfortunately only opinion mattered was Sonos management who didn’t believe it would be profitable.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would love to see a battery operated waterproof speaker. But I think they beleive they would be diving too much in Bluetooth market and not enough people wanting for back yrd.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Not if it's a Wi-Fi version:8
Is there any way to revert back to the last app before the recent update? This latest update is just plain stupid.
App not working will not add Sub to Play Bar. Freezes App....Back to Bose