Answered

New SONOS App - Feedback

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

In the new 2024 Sonos App :

Where are the alarms settings? 

Where is the Last.fm service?

Where is the Android widget?

This is a real nightmare. I hope Sonos will fix all that asap because what they did releasing this not finished app is scandalous.

icon

Best answer by Gradun 9 May 2024, 10:13

View original

664 replies

Userlevel 1

The app is seriously flawed, for all the reasons cited in these posts. Recently played keeps disappearing. The app keeps closing down my system and telling me it doesn't recognise a system. Very regrettable.

Melodiam 

I can't understand why they have launched such a deceptive app. It seems they didn't test it before. 

Such basics features as alarms and timer are not available.

Today is a bank holiday in France and I've been woken up at 5 am, it was impossible to find the alarm yesterday to set it up.

This will happen every morning???

Many services did not transfer over, and some will not reauthorize......and no support, unless you willing to wait on the phone for over an hour after the chat bot throws you out.....

Userlevel 2

In the new 2024 Sonos App :

Where are the alarms settings? 

Where is the Last.fm service?

Where is the Android widget?

This is a real nightmare. I hope Sonos will fix all that asap because what they did releasing this not finished app is scandalous.

The new APP is a S****t Show!

Userlevel 2

another thing I noticed. I wanted to replace my Sonos One’s with 2 Era’s I want to remove from my surround sound, of course I could not do this. The only way was to reset them and my whole system back to factory Grrrrrrrrr!!! What a S****t show Sonos

Userlevel 1

I can’t even open the new app. I’ve tried so many times. On the one time it finally did open (after many, many minutes of staring at the black screen), I turned on music and it was stuck playing for hours because I couldn’t open the app again to turn it off. Terrible, horrible, no good, very bad app update. My Sonos system is useless now. 

Since I installed the new app, a lot of things that used to work no longer do: 

• No alphabetic tabs on lists (album, artist, composer) 
  • No ability to select individual tracks on an album
  • Music library disappears and reappears for no apparent reason
  • History is never updated
  • The message “Something went wrong. Try again.” comes up with alarming frequency 

Overall, a disastrous debut. I’m hoping these are bugs and not by design. If I’m missing something or there are workarounds, please advise. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Why on earth should we have to open our computers to control something the whole point of which is to be able to control from your smartphone AS ADVERTISED? Epic fail, Sonos, and deliberate fraudulent advertising, imho. I want my money back.

Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Can anyone tell me what the feck ‘add to your music’ means? Quite apart from removing the ability to add to Playlists, which I do all the time, they’ve added something that appears to do absolutely nothing. If you ‘add’ it says ‘added to Spotify’ and then it doesn’t appear anywhere…an apparently totally pointless feature! 
edit I have found what it does - hides it somewhere deep in the bowels of Spotify where it is of no use whatsoever…

Userlevel 1

Yes, the new app is an disaster, like why??

Why is it not simply tested on a true phone or tablet?

Beter update and fix it... tomorrow please

Userlevel 1

Who is designing the new app? They are incompetent. Did they deliberately do away with existing features for a reason or were they unaware of them? Either way, it’s unacceptable. 

Userlevel 2

The whole update is an insult to the many thousands of users/consumers who probably the same as me have spent thousands building a system that is now a shambles. Can we have a response from developers, managers etc beyond the mundane fixes coming soon because you should be ashamed of yourselves releasing an incomplete not fit for purpose app.

Releasing the new app NOW, with no ability to roll back to a previous version, has to be amongst the Top 10 bad decisions by a tech company.  The current app can hardly be called even a Beta version with all the missing features.  Agree with the above, it is really an INSULT and Sonos should be ASHAMED.   This thing should have been held back for further development, what was the rush??  I didn’t really like the S2 app but this new thing is a complete joke.

I’ve spent thousands with Sonos building around their eco system, thinking they really cared about their customers.  The laugh is on me.

Badge +1

Using iPhone to control my Sonos system the old app used to tell

you what the sound level was by numbers ie 30/31/32 etc.

but now it’s just got the bar and I find that annoying.

And there’s no indication on the tv screen.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

What a mess! The latest SONOS app update is a complete disaster. The email raved about improvements—total BS. It's glitchy, unintuitive, and feels like we're guinea pigs testing their beta. They've duped us into being testers for their half-baked release. Fix it or ditch it, SONOS!

Userlevel 4

This update is so bad it should lead to resignations from high ups.

100s of millions of pounds/dollars worth of hardware out there and it's effectively not remotely fit for purpose.

You can't even set an alarm and the social media team are saying "don't worry it will be coming soon" when it's been available for years

Why have Sonos deleted the timer and alarm functions? It is the reason we bought this product. Will be switching as soon as possible. There is much community outcry I see; Sonos you should reinstate this functionality ASAP!

Userlevel 4

Can anybody honestly say they would tell anybody to get a Sonos product in the future?

I'd honestly feel guilty selling my system now as it simply doesn't work.

Userlevel 2

The new app is ridiculous and unfinished. Serious disservice to thousands of users to not include elements that are loved and used a lot by various people. Did Sonos actually bother to ask the community what they wanted to see in the app before they redesigned it or did they just do it without bothering to ask for opinions? If the latter, shows a blatant disregard for customer experience and ease of use. The number of users they have, whether with one unit or a complete system, we are the ones they should be speaking to when designing apps which have to be easy & quick to navigate. Did they even do any beta testing with actual users before releasing it?

only have one Sonos unit and rely on it for alarms. The new app doesn't have the alarms function...epic fail! How do I control my alarms now? Set up new ones/delete ones I don't need, switch them on/off? If it's on the web app, I shouldn't have to turn on my computer every time I want to do something with my alarms.

Android widget has disappeared too...just annoying, had it on my home screen to control volume and switch on/off from anywhere in the house now I have to open the whole app to do that.

Oh, and on the home screen, loads of stuff listed that apparently 'is no longer available' so I dutifully edited my home screen to remove them. All good I thought...nope, absolutely not. I was searching around for alarms, tried using the chat bot (useless by the way), went back to home screen to find everything I'd removed from it had reappeared. I shouldn't have to keep removing it every time I go back to home screen after doing something else, should only have to do it once. If you delete something you expect it to stay deleted. Just like you have a good feature and expect it to stay on the new versions of an app (like aforementioned alarm function).

​​​​​​Please go back to the old app. It was much easier to use and navigation was simple. This could be a great update but it's been released to market far too early.

Userlevel 2

What the hell was released here for an untested app version from the Sonos Management. It's hard to believe that a company like Sonos can release such a bull shift. You can always argue about user-friendliness, but it is unimaginable that central functionalities do not work and have been forgotten.

Some of the managers should urgently look for a new job because they are not worth a single penny and they are destroying a company's reputation for sure.

I am very disappointed and completely dismayed that something like this is even possible in this current time.

Actually, after the enormous feedback from loyal customers, I would have expected that Sonos would immediately offer a roll back to the old, working version.

But here too the management has completely failed and doesn't care about the frustrations and complaints of their customers.

I think this company should not be considered in the future.

Sonos - I wrote a much longer message but your system rejected it. The core is that latency is a real problem. Make your app control your speaker with no delay - as was the case in the years past - and things will be fine. Latency is the enemy of a good Sonos experience!

The app is unusable on my google pixel 7 pro after the latest app update. The old app was working find on my device. Any way to return to the previous app version?

Why? Why? Why? Can’t they make a decent app.. the new update is awful… more backwards than forwards… why can’t they make something that is smooth and intuitive and integrates well with other music apps like Apple that people want to use??? Sonos! No one cares about Sonos Radio…. Done the update and 1st time playing system and for some reason ray and sub just stopped producing sound, whilst roam continued… and no feedback from app to say why….. app so clunky and buggy also.. ui as usual looks pretty sleek at first, but it has no power backing it up… I could build a better app 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Yes Claire, right in every respect. I was ( emphasise was) a Beta tester. Not aware of any consultation re this appalling update that is a total insult to thousands of Sonos users/customers.

Not sure if Sonos reads these, but if so I just wanted to voice how much of a ridiculously horrible app update they released for iphone. My system was working fine...now it only works part of the time, and when it does controlling my speakers is now like an easter egg hunt. Not intuitive at all, seems to be lacking features, and just overall a very bad update. For as much as I have invested in your hardware system it is very disappointing when you release an update with this many flaws. Please revert back to a user friendly app version and revisit your process on app design. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m already frustrated and I just started using it. Still no iOS lock screen information or controls and no info or shortcut to the app and controls through the Live Activities bar. So back to starting from Spotify or Apple Music to get anything functional. Great. Also, selecting a new Sirius channel or, linked playlist, etc. requires two taps to play and that’s just annoying. Why can’t the station just play with a tap rather than opening a new window where I have to hit the play button. The interface is little nicer to look at, or maybe it’s just newer looking, but what a flop.