CR100 won't connect, but iPad, ZP80, ZP100 are connected and working a-ok!!

Userlevel 2
Everything used to work perfectly….Then it all stopped working…so, started by rebooting my router.

I then hard-wired ZP80 and ZP100 via Ethernet to get them to connect.  SUCCESS! I can now control them both on my WiFi network from my iPad SONOS app.  That's all good!

HOWEVER, I cannot get the CR100 to associate with the ZP80 or the ZP100.  

How can I get the CR100 to re-join the party?

I've tried putting both ZP80 and ZP100 into the paring mode (pressing MUTE and VOL-UP)…and they both blink amber…but the CR100 just stares back at me, and eventually times-out.  

When it times out, after a few minutes, it says that no SONOS components are present, but I know better…and so does my iPad, which has no problem controlling both units.

I've also tried resetting the CP100 by pressing the following sequence:

<left soft button>
<middle soft button>
<mute button>
<middle soft button>
<back button>
..then scrolling down to "Turn Off CR"
..and pressing the Enter button

Once I put the CR100 in the dock, and it reboots, I try to pair it again…but no love.

Thanks.

BTW, see 4195270 diagnostics…which probably won't help, given that the ZP80, ZP100 and iPad are working just fine.  It's the CR100 that can't see the other units, so it's likely not going show up in the diagnostic report, either.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

386 replies

Can I get this patch too please? Just realised my CR100 no longer connects. Thanks. Diagnostics No. 5045967
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can I get this patch too please? Just realised my CR100 no longer connects. Thanks. Diagnostics No. 5045967

Hi Craiga79,

I've added the patch to your system so you should be able to add your CR100 once you've run updates.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Can I get this patch? I'm having the same issue, my CR100 does not connect. Support ref #151031-000516 Diagnostics no. 5061359
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Quintanarra,

I've added the patch to your account so you should be able to add your CR100 once you've updated your system.
Badge
Hi Jeff,

Just realized my CR100 won't connect. Can you add the patch to my system? Diagnostics Submission Confirmation #: 5070251

Thanks
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Thanks Jeff. Just updated and got the controller up and running.
Cheers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff,

Just realized my CR100 won't connect. Can you add the patch to my system? Diagnostics Submission Confirmation #: 5070251

Thanks

Hi Greg,

I've attached the update to your account. Please update your system and try to connect your CR!00. Let me know if it does not work.
Badge
Jeff,

Maybe I better go back to what I had. I can't update my software or my zp80s right now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Jeff,

Maybe I better go back to what I had. I can't update my software or my zp80s right now.

Hi Greg,

Are you getting an error? Please send in a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number, I'll take a look. Here's how to submit reports.
Badge
Just for my software on my computer, I'm receiving a Can't Update with an 1101 error to update the software on the computer. Not so worried about CR100 as my ZP80s were running 5.4 and now can't update to 6.0 which is what everything else was running on.
Badge

Just submitted it.

Thanks,

Greg
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Just for my software on my computer, I'm receiving a Can't Update with an 1101 error to update the software on the computer. Not so worried about CR100 as my ZP80s were running 5.4 and now can't update to 6.0 which is what everything else was running on.

Hi Greg,

You can always head to our website to get the most recent version of the desktop software. The software can be found on our support page.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Just submitted it.

Thanks,

Greg

Hi Greg,

There's a bit of wireless interference showing in your diagnostic data. Also there are a couple Sonos units which seem to have lost their network addresses. This is likely due to the interference preventing proper communication between the Sonos units. Please try changing the Sonos wireless channel and see if that allows your system to complete the update. Here's how to change wifi channels.
Badge
Hi Jeff
I was on channel six and changed to 11 and 1 to no avail. Not sure if this might be it, Jeff, but I received an email recently that thanked me for participating in the Beta system. I came home from work yesterday and my system was running 6.0 instead of 5.5. Would this have anything to do with it?

I removed the Sonos software from my computer and downloaded the latest version from the Sonos site (5.5) and reinstalled it. It still indicates there is a software update and when I try to update the software controller on my computer it says "try again".

Can I get out to the beta and back to 5.5?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff
I was on channel six and changed to 11 and 1 to no avail. Not sure if this might be it, Jeff, but I received an email recently that thanked me for participating in the Beta system. I came home from work yesterday and my system was running 6.0 instead of 5.5. Would this have anything to do with it?

I removed the Sonos software from my computer and downloaded the latest version from the Sonos site (5.5) and reinstalled it. It still indicates there is a software update and when I try to update the software controller on my computer it says "try again".

Can I get out to the beta and back to 5.5?

Hi Greg,

The beta program may have something to do with the update error. Sometimes the beta is not properly flagged on an account. You can choose to opt out of the beta, here's how.

If you would prefer to remain on the beta program, let me know and I'll investigate further.
Badge
I opted out. I'm following the directions once you opt out. I'll keep you updated. Thanks again!

Greg
Badge
Hi Jeff,

I took my ZP80s that were at 5.4 and started a new system with a fresh new Sonos download of the Windows Sonos controller. This worked and allowed me to update the ZP80s to 5.5. However, when I added a ZP80 that was on the beta 6.0 it says it needs an update. However, if you try to update it says Try Again.

Diagnostic: 5072020

Got to bring my beta 6.0 back to 5.5 somehow.

Thanks,

Greg
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff,

I took my ZP80s that were at 5.4 and started a new system with a fresh new Sonos download of the Windows Sonos controller. This worked and allowed me to update the ZP80s to 5.5. However, when I added a ZP80 that was on the beta 6.0 it says it needs an update. However, if you try to update it says Try Again.

Diagnostic: 5072020

Got to bring my beta 6.0 back to 5.5 somehow.

Thanks,

Greg

Hi Greg,

A Sonos unit on 6.0 will "update" to 5.5 when the registered email is no longer on the beta program. If your ZP80 is not doing that, there is something wrong. Can you send me a new diagnostic report from that system? I'll take a look at your account and see what's going on.
Badge
Confirmation number: 5072125

This shows my ZP100 at 6.0 but won't "update" down to 5.5, along with a ZP80.

Thanks a million, Jeff!
Badge
Hi Jeff,

Should I try to update them wired to the ZP80 which is wired to the router?

Thanks,

Greg
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff,

Should I try to update them wired to the ZP80 which is wired to the router?

Thanks,

Greg

Hi Greg,

It looks like your computer Sonos controller is on an earlier version as well. This could be preventing the ZP80 from updating properly. Please click here to download the latest software for your PC, then try to update again.
Badge
Ok will do
Badge
Hi Jeff,

Hi Jeff,

I removed the previous software and downloaded the software from your response. Still could not get the update to bring the 6.0 down to 5.5. The software detects the 6.0 unit as okay and designates the 5.5 unit as needing an update which does not occur when attempted. I unhooked the unit with 6.0 software and tried a factory reset which did not fix the problem.

Here is the latest Diagnostic confirmation number: 5073031
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff,

Hi Jeff,

I removed the previous software and downloaded the software from your response. Still could not get the update to bring the 6.0 down to 5.5. The software detects the 6.0 unit as okay and designates the 5.5 unit as needing an update which does not occur when attempted. I unhooked the unit with 6.0 software and tried a factory reset which did not fix the problem.

Here is the latest Diagnostic confirmation number: 5073031

Hi Greg,

To get this sorted out it would be best if we continued troubleshooting over the phone. I've created a support ticket for you: 151105-000126. Please give the phone team a call and reference your ticket number. You can find our phone number and hours here.
Badge
Thanks Jeff again for all your help. I will give a call and set up an appointment.

Best,

Greg