Why does my Sonos system turn itself on, playing a random song!?

Show first post

157 replies

The next time it happens,submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing it, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it. They'll be able to tell you what started the music, whether it was an alarm, a button press, a controller, or a Spotify person who has had access to your system in the past.

I suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.
I've uninstalled Sonos app. The only fix that works for this problem.

This just happened to me in the he middle of the night. No cats or dogs here, so maybe ghost? I’m the only one with Sonos app in the house, and it was not uploaded and not updated on my phone when this happened. Curious to see this is happening quite a lot to people. 

Did Sonos ever fix the problem? 

Diagnostic was send, confirmation number: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

No problem with Sonos has ever been identified for this symptom, they have all been external factors, both hardware (cats, CR200s) and software (Spotify app, automation code).

Same here using Tunin on Sonos. Spontaneous random starts.. Very annoying

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

No problem with Sonos has ever been identified for this symptom, they have all been external factors, both hardware (cats, CR200s) and software (Spotify app, automation code).

As controlav says, there are a lot of different ways to have music start playing, and so far there hasn’t been any such “problem” it’s always something causing it to start playing.

@karinab, that diagnostic was taking just after the device was rebooted, so there’s no useful information in there on what might have caused it to start playing. I do see that you have Spotify added, but I can’t say if Spotify was used to start playing music on there at all recently. Try getting a diagnostic within a few minutes of it being turned on. And note what was playing.

Same here using Tunin on Sonos. Spontaneous random starts.. Very annoying

If TuneIn was the last thing played in that room, most likely it’s the button being pressed or a mobile device connected sending an errant play command. If you can post a diagnostic within a few minutes of it turning on, we can check it out.

Caught it doing in the act out of nowhere again.. diagnostics within a minute send with #193711961

Please identify the cause its driving me nuts and going on for a few weeks now