Volume Randomly Increasing to Max

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

114 replies

Thanks Ryan.  As annoying as it is it's good to know that we are at least being heard. There clearly need to be more collaboration on change control between sonos and its partners  especially spotify it would seem  

I am also having this issue on my iPhone X. Similar scenario as above: using Spotify on the phone, then switching to the sonos app to adjust grouping or individual speaker volume, and the sliders start going crazy, moving up and down seemingly randomly and spiking to near max volume.

I am having a similar problem playing Spotify to my 2x IKEA Sonos speakers (grouped) from my iPad and pc with volume normalisation between tracks - it’s very random but I will set volume at 50% and the next song will drop volume to 30%, so I turn it up then the next song will blast at 80% and so on. 

I have tried all the suggestions I’ve seen. Control volume thru Spotify, disable hardware/lock screen controls etc to no avail.

Same happening with my system. Submitted diagnostic to Sonos. 

Has happened now last two nights at nidmight. Playing from Spotify but not through the app. Using alexa to start the music on Sonos so don't think it has anything to do with mobile apps more the Sonos / Spotify service. 

When you submit a diagnostic, you must contact Sonos and give the reference #, either in this thread or directly.  A diagnostic without a reference # is going to be ignored. 

This is happening to me now. I have little kids and it freaks them out everytime. I have an Android device and use Spotify and it happens randomly when I use my phone and switch between apps. I need this fixed asap.

Happening to me too.  Have submitted a diagnostic, ID 1722275228.

Just had the same issue, using Spotify so definitely linked.

I opened the sonos app to submit the diagnostics, and that stopped playback restarted then kicked the volume to 100%

On the Move the max volume is mental so not ideal!!

Badge

I've noticed it seems to happen to me at the same time as the the small Spotify button menu appears the top of the android swipe down menu. I don't know the terminology. Maybe Spotify Connect.

So far swiping this away every time it appears seems to eventually stop it happening - at least until the next time I launch Spotify.

Time will tell if I'm right about this.

I can confirm it started a few weeks ago. It doesn't happen if I launch Spotify songs only using my old Sonos controller. But if I then use my phone, even without launching Spotify, it happens when Spotify Connect pops up

Oh, that’s interesting! I use the laptop most of the time to control Spotify, but yes, their Android widget randomly crashes and restarts. No idea whether it’s equally bad on an iPhone.

I’m going to switch off my phone for a while and only use the laptop, then report back :)

+1. It started happening about 10 days ago, give or take. This is especially irritating as a week earlier I told the neighbour off for blasting music REALLY loud during the day. Then I suddenly found myself blasting music at super high volume (Play:1s might be small but boy they’re powerful) around midnight. (You’d be surprised how shocking it can be when Enya suddenly ROARS at you...) It’s been happening during the day as well. I just started this account, because the volume jumped up twice during one song. (Not Enya’s. ;) )

Streaming from Spotify, of course, via Spotify Connect. I’m so glad there is a volume limit in the Sonos app, now when it jumps to 100% it’s actually 25%.

I like the advice someone got given by Spotify, to delete the app. I think I might do exactly that.

I’m suddenly experiencing the same MAXIMUM SONOS VOLUME on my 2 Sonos Play5 [Gen1] using Spotify. If I wasn’t deaf before, I sure as hell am now! It’s happened twice … and I won’t have it again … so my much loved Sonos devices are firmly switched off until I can be sure of avoiding a repeat episode. I’ve used Sonos boxes these for years without problems, so I’m really missing them.

I’ll look at limiting the maximum Sonos volume [as suggested elsewhere in this thread although even random 50% volume could be problemmatic], and I’ll also submit a Sonos diagnostic. Unless I can get this fixed, I’ll be ditching Sonos or Spotify or both hard as I’ll find that! My planned purchase of a Sonos Move is also on hold!

Badge

I’m going to switch off my phone for a while and only use the laptop, then report back :)

Good idea! That might be equivalent to me using my old controller that sonos used to sell.

If I use it to restart streaming from a Spotify playlist then I have no problem, unless I subsequently go to my phone.

If/when that widgety thing starts on my phone then the volume will go maximum eventually, even without starting the Spotify app

Happening to me, as well.  Didn’t start until I updated to Sonos 2 controller.  So annoying!  Again, why has this not been permanently fixed?