Arc Backorder Progress

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

288 replies

Userlevel 1

Yes - mine is due to ship on the 12th having been delayed from the 29th Feb, but it’s saying ‘temporarily out of stock’. I have found the apparent random changes from out of stock to backorder to be linked to wether it logs into the UK or US website when you type in Sonos to your web browser - the US one always says backorder. (i’m in the UK)

As others have pointed out in this thread - the problem Sonos has is it isn't very good at managing expectations - Apple are masters of this, when you make an order with them it will often quote a ridiculously long lead time and then deliver the next day - underpromise - overdeliver - no doubt a cynical ploy but at least you're happy with the result. I would be happier if Sonos just came clean and gave a realistic delivery time rather than a constant stream of unachievable best case dates. Clearly, delays in the delivery of my expensive Soundbar is something of a first world problem but its a bit irritating all the same .

My status currently says “back order”, however I did get a tracking link from yodel, which is odd as I’m not expecting anything via yodel. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Also expecting shipping on 12th (tomorrow). No mention of further delay yet. Is this a worldwide thing or just an uk post brexshite issue when stock is transiting the EU? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Mine read temporarily out of stock earlier and now backorder its seems random and goes between the the two.

I've not received any notification it will not ship tomorrow but  who knows! I wasn't notified on the 29th January it would be delayed but it was to the 5th and then delayed till 12th ill let you know tomorrow if there's anything.

Badge

Has Anyone received confirmation that their back order promised to ship on the 12th will ship on the 12th . My order status now says temporarily out of stock.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I asked if this was for certain and was told definitely shipped on or before the 12th. We will see!

Lets hope so! 

Badge

I agree totally honesty is all I ask. 

if I was told when I placed the order that delivery is expected March or even later it would not be an issue. I want the Arc and don’t mind waiting, but please be honest about waiting times. It’s the fact that delivery date has been and gone twice now that causes the frustration. 

customer care advise that orders that were originally set to ship on the 29th will now be shipped on the 12th or before. I asked if this was for certain and was told definitely shipped on or before the 12th. We will see!

I’m in the same boat, ordered the 1st Jan, expected date was the 29th, got pushed back to the 5th Feb & now it’s been delayed until 12th. It’s frustrating, but I don’t mind waiting, I mean I know I’m still going to get one and I know I’m ‘close’ to the front the queue.

However I would prefer a honest response from Sonos instead of bumping it back by a week each time. It’s just disappointing to get that “sorry your order has been delayed” email. I think this tactic can be damage to their brand, and perhaps they should rethink how they communicate shipping delays to their new customers. 

On the comment of other manufacturers and delays, I ordered a Sony TV from Richer Sounds during the Black Friday sales (end of Nov), it didn’t arrived until the 23rd Dec. Yeah other companies are having issues. RS were very honest and up front when I ordered, they said they had 13 orders for that tv and were expecting 25 before the end of Dec. 

Being honest with the customer creates a better customer relationship. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Ordered Arc 4th Jan with shipping date of 29th Jan. on 27th of Jan received an email saying shipping delayed until 5th of Feb. Today received another email saying shipping delayed until 12 of Feb. 
I will contact customer service tomorrow 

Very similar time frame to my post please let me know if you get any more information from calling them.

@AjTrek1  Fully appreciate your post and agree it cannot be easy negotiating the various steps involved logically.

My main gripe is giving customers insufficient or even worse late notification of these shipping date changes is exceeding bad business practice. 

If you cannot give an accurate time frame surely its better to over estimate or at least provide a estimated window like 8 to 10 weeks. Customers are then less likely to become frustrated.

Userlevel 7

…. as far as I’m aware electronics are immune.

Whatever. Go ahead and wallow in your own self-pity.

Badge

I would assume that the majority of entertainment equipment is manufactured outside the UK. So are you saying LG , Samsung, Bose, B&G all have supply issues and 8 week plus lead times? The pandemic excuse is wearing a little thin, all customer care issues seems to be blamed on the virus, as far as I’m aware electronics are immune.

Userlevel 7

I'd be interested in hearing fro UK buyers with similar delays. We as customers deserve better. We deserve realistic expectations. Treating customers like this diminishes the Sonos brand and customer confidence. Get a grip on this Sonos or customers will go elsewhere.

Hi @Cuddlr 

I understand your frustration and yes Sonos might be able to provide more accurate information. However, when products are being imported from an overseas manufacturing location the seller is at the mercy of several factors.

1. Production line delays (parts on-hand, parts supplier delays, workforce reduction, alternate days of operation and more)
  2. Available containers for sea transport
  3. Customs clearance
  4. Check-in procedures to sellers warehouse 
  5. Logistics to retail and/or direct-to-home shipments 
  6. Not to menton that all the above has been impacted by the pandemic

Sonos may lose customers. However, IMO one would be hard pressed to find competitive systems that offer the versatility, expandability, product mix and simplicity of Sonos.

Badge

Ordered Arc 4th Jan with shipping date of 29th Jan. on 27th of Jan received an email saying shipping delayed until 5th of Feb. Today received another email saying shipping delayed until 12 of Feb. 
I will contact customer service tomorrow 

Userlevel 2
Badge

So I appear to be the 200th post on this topic and it still appears to be an issue in 2021 receiving the Arc in any sort of reasonable time frame.

Ordered Arc and One sl 30th December 2020 quoted 29th January shipping.

Received One sl mid January which is good. Then decided to order Sub G3 to complete the system which arrived in a couple of days again great.

So was waiting on the Arc on 29th January there was no shipping notice or any kind of notification so I contacted support and they informed  yesterday! 3rd February! it would ship 5th February.

I then get an email this morning saying it will now ship 12th February so that brings it to 45 days another weeks delay.

I understand just in time fulfilment and manufacturing chains etc but surely they would know on the 3rd of February they couldn't make the 5th February????

I'd be interested in hearing fro UK buyers with similar delays. We as customers deserve better. We deserve realistic expectations. Treating customers like this diminishes the Sonos brand and customer confidence. Get a grip on this Sonos or customers will go elsewhere.

Userlevel 7

For what’s it worth my Arc will deliver on 1/8/21 barring any delays. That said my order was placed on 12/8/20 looks like 30 days between order and delivery date.

However, that doesn’t mean all orders will deliver within that time frame. Variables such as manufacturing and port of entry play into the scenario as well. Hopefully supply versus demand for Sonos direct orders will even out as the year progresses. 

Sonos shows 2/26/21 as a ship date for Arc orders placed today. Hopefully, 45 days will shorten in real time  without setting over expectations. 

Cheers!

Userlevel 7

For what it’s worth  I’ll add my thoughts to this conversation. 2020 manufacturing and shipment of goods have been constrained for many companies due to the pandemic...not just Sonos. 

That said when Sonos shows a “ship by date” of “X” the buyer knows what to expect if they decide to buy direct. However, Sonos might due a better job of keeping the customer informed of the shipment progress by doing a bit more than just showing “back ordered” on the customer order page. 

Sonos to be more customer friendly to those that have taken the leap to order a product on backorder might indicate something like this “Original ship by date is still  anticipated as stated at the time of your order. If circumstances occur to alter that date they will be noted here.  Thank you for business”.

IMO a statement similar to the above would make this thread unnecessary. Then again some people will complain no matter what.

FYI, I have an Arc on backorder as well...however I don’t remember the “ship by date” that was in effect at the time of my order. I should have taken care to make note of it. Oh well..my oversight 😫

Cheers!

Badge

I ordered just the Arc on 12/4.  listed as back ordered till 1/15/2021.   When I emailed Sonos to confirm that, they said that date was wrong and wouldn’t ship till 2/5/2021. 

They also offered to cancel my order if I didn’t want to wait.     So far I’m not impressed by Sonos (at least their customer service).

If anyone interested with ARC SL version, it’s available on Costco website “online” for immediate shipping. Few days back it was also available at a local Costco store.

Ordered the Arc and Sub (Black) on Nov 22, with an “expected shipping date from” Dec 11.  CC was finally pre-auth’d on Dec 14 and is still in that status on Dec 16.  Status of order has been Processing since the 14th as well (had previously said Backordered).  Will update if/when tracking is provided.  I ordered direct through Sonos...hoping for a Christmas miracle!  Hindsight being 20/20, I could have just ordered the sub on sale, and bought the Arc at the local BestBuy and had everything within a week or so.  Live and learn... 

I also ordered direct from Sonos on Nov 24 with Dec 11 as expected ship.  After I contacted customer support on Dec 14 afternoon, my card was charged that evening.  I got a tracking yesterday, Dec 15 with expected delivery on Dec 21.  But, that’s just a tracking - there’s no movement of the package yet.  

Just got shipping information on Dec 16, both items still haven’t arrived at FedEx facility.  Expected delivery Dec 18 so long as they arrive at the facility today.

Finally, after a 4 day layover in Newark, NJ (thanks FedEx) both the Arc and Sub arrived.  Best of luck to everyone else waiting for their orders!

I ordered the Arc, Sub and One combo. Ordered Dec 5th and it shipped Dec 22nd.

I ordered an Arc and corresponding mount on 11/26. Both shipped this week, first the mount then the Arc. However the mount is still stuck on waiting on package. Yet the Arc is moving and the delivery date jumped up four days. 

I need my mount though. As others noted, phone call Sales is near useless. Emailed today, but note a 7 day response time

After an hour on hold, without even speaking to someone, finally got through. 

My Arc is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, 12/20 after shipping 12/16. The mount seems to have been found and started moving yesterday. Scheduled for delivery Monday now. 

I ordered on November 24 with an estimated ship date of 12/11. As of this morning the Arc is still listed as ‘backordered’. It’s impossible to get someone from Sonos on the phone and no reply to an email request for update.

Update that I received notice that the Arc was shipped yesterday; December 18.

Update: just got notice it shipped on the 9th and will be here in WI on the 15th. 3 days early, well done. Looking forward to enjoying the definitive Xmas movie-Die Hard on it once set up. 

Ordered 5.1.2 set in white on Nov 27th for delivery in PA, it got shipped today on Dec 8th. Got 3 tracking numbers, estimated delivery is Dec 11th. 

I placed my order on Nov. 25th. for delivery to CA. I guess Sonos is not filling orders by time order was placed.  I am still waiting on tracking numbers or an expected delivery date. As others have mentioned an ETA would provide a bit of comfort other than just “backorder”. 

Update: My order placed on Nov. 25th was filled on 12/14 (estimated on backorder to be 12/11). I have received the sub on 12/17 and the ARC on 12/18. Best of luck to all those still waiting for their orders.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Good news for me, they actually delivered my Arc yday and as a bonus my sub was delivered today, 3 days early. Now only my one sls and The Death Star will be fully operational. 

I ordered an Arc and corresponding mount on 11/26. Both shipped this week, first the mount then the Arc. However the mount is still stuck on waiting on package. Yet the Arc is moving and the delivery date jumped up four days. 

I need my mount though. As others noted, phone call Sales is near useless. Emailed today, but note a 7 day response time