Answered

Sonos Era 300 speaker won’t connect

Badge

I have just purchased 2 Era 300 speakers, I want to use them as surround speakers, I have an Arc and a Sub, the Arc is wired to the router, but one of the Era 300 speakers just won’t connect, nothing works, it’s semi recognized by the system, because I can try making changes in the Network portion of the Sonos app (the leds on it light up) , but nothing works 😞

Does anyone have any ideas?

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 5 April 2023, 22:18

View original

29 replies

Well, all I can say is now I have full surround and before I did it I did not, and judging from the response time I’ve seen here from Sonos, I’d venture to guess this was the simplest, fastest, and arguably best way, especially on new just out of the box product.

Had as much grief as most on here describe.  S2 app found the ERA 300 no problem, registered the chime but wouldnt connect, 3 re-sets later and a dead end, the app would recognise the button press so had to bale out of the app.

I tried changing the network security specification, shut down the router’s guest network - no success.

Game changer for me on my TP Link deco mesh network was to reset device, then go through the app setup stages until it showed it trying to connect to the network, then use a separate device to turn on the WPS from the mesh device closest to the ERA 300 - BOOM!!  connected straight away.

I had the same problem, reset the Era 300, rebooted, reset the app, etc. All to no avail.

Over on Reddit someone suggested that it was the WiFi security protocol and adding WPA3 to your network caused his to work. On my Eero under eero labs there was a button to add WPA3. The app then immediately recognised the Era 300.

I had the same problem. Here the solution of disabling the guest network is what solved the problem. Thanks to the other user for the suggestion!

This was on a TP-Link Omada system.