Answered

Sonos Era 300 speaker won’t connect

• 1 April 2023
  • 29 replies

Badge

I have just purchased 2 Era 300 speakers, I want to use them as surround speakers, I have an Arc and a Sub, the Arc is wired to the router, but one of the Era 300 speakers just won’t connect, nothing works, it’s semi recognized by the system, because I can try making changes in the Network portion of the Sonos app (the leds on it light up) , but nothing works 😞

Does anyone have any ideas?

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 5 April 2023, 22:18

View original

29 replies

Alright i figured this issue out on my setup I had to unplug era 300 not connecting then hold the bluetootth button on back above power then plug back in while continue holding bluetooth button wait till it turns orange then let go. and it connected right away. 

Frustrating it was not being able to connect.

My issue turned out to be my guest network.
The quick fix was to join the guest to the main network.
Why would it join a network called guest? Don’t know.
Wondering how to restore the guest network and keep my speakers.

Learned a few things.

Hold the Bluetooth button while powering on, wait for the lights to flash orange/green
The speaker is reset and ready to add.

Hold the pause and volume up button at the same time.
Connect locally to your phone.

Guest networks are designed to allow ‘guests’ a direct connection to the outside world, while blocking those folks from reaching other devices on your network…like Sonos speakers. 

Note: factory resets should only be done when suggested by Sonos support. A factory reset has the unfortunate side effect of erasing all error logs on the device, which makes it much harder for Sonos support to figure out what’s going on. 

I tried holding the bluetooth but it still ultimately wouldn’t connect for me. I finally got it to pair by using a USB-C to Ethernet adapter I had lying around for my Mac and once it connected while being hardwired I was able to unplug it and use it over wifi

Happy to hear you found your solution. But I definitely think Sonos should work a bit harder to avoid this. 

I had the same problem. Here the solution of disabling the guest network is what solved the problem. Thanks to the other user for the suggestion!

This was on a TP-Link Omada system.

Any update on this? I have 2 era 300s that will not connect to my Wi-Fi. I tried changing every setting on my router with no luck. I have added and removed all other 12 of my Sonos products with no issues, only the 300s won’t connect to Wi-Fi 

Userlevel 7

To Everyone In This Thread

If you are still having difficulty connecting your Era 300 or 100 to WiFi, I suggest you submit a diagnostic to Sonos Tech Support and post the Reference ID in this thread. Follow the link to learn how.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/submit-diagnostics

Edit: Also call tech support after submitting/posting the reference ID.

Just submitting doesn’t do anything, based on the information in the Diagnostics - How do they work? thread. You need to call in, too. 

Userlevel 7

Just submitting doesn’t do anything, based on the information in the Diagnostics - How do they work? thread. You need to call in, too. 

Thanks, I added the additional comment.

I have just purchased 2 Era 300 speakers, I want to use them as surround speakers, I have an Arc and a Sub, the Arc is wired to the router, but one of the Era 300 speakers just won’t connect, nothing works, it’s semi recognized by the system, because I can try making changes in the Network portion of the Sonos app (the leds on it light up) , but nothing works 😞

Does anyone have any ideas?

Here is link for connecting a pair of Era 300s. 
https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-surround-speakers-to-a-sonos-home-theater

You have to connect each Era 300 individually. They do not connect as a pair. After doing so, each 300 will be in a separate room and then they will show up to connect as surrounds. Why this isn’t in the setup sheet in the box I have no idea, but this seems to be the norm for Sonos. Hope this helps alleviate the same frustration I went through. Good luck. 

Badge

I have managed to connect them by resetting them, but now I have another problem, my Arc doesn’t want to update to version 15.3 from 15.2

Diagnostics reference number: 133469077

Userlevel 7

Are you getting an error? Check your internet connection. Reboot your router. Make sure your device and the Sonos controller are up to date.

Have you read the  Diagnostics - How do they work? thread?

Or the original ‘edit’ in the ‘Answer’ in this thread? I’d hate for your diagnostic to be ignored…

Badge

Wanted to see if anyone found the solution on this?

I recently got an arc, sub, and two era 300s. The eras connected via surround fine at the beginning and worked for a few days, but starting today the eras won’t standalone but won’t connect via surround. 

I wasted four hours on the phone with tech support today, and for about three of those hours they kept having me plug and unplug the speakers as if they would magically work again. Level 2 support couldn’t help either.. they escalated me up to where I get to wait until next week Monday to have another fun day with tech support…. 

Hoping the community might have a faster solution than trying to wait on Sonos “support”. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

if you turned off wireless for the arc and and sub be sure to turn it on

Badge

I have the same exact set-up and issue here! Im beyond frustrated with Sonos right now. I’ve logged 10 hours so far with 2 hours on the phone with inadequate Sonos Tech Support from the Philippines. Been a customer since 2006 but connecting the Era 300 has been the worst experience thus far. About to return to Sonos unless someone else has any clue. 

On a Netgear Nighthawk Mesh network which works fine with my 15 other Sonos products. Maybe there is a bug Sonos needs to fix? 

Look at this solution which worked for me after a couple of tries.
i figured this issue out on my setup I had to unplug era 300 not connecting then hold the bluetootth button on back above power then plug back in while continue holding bluetooth button wait till it turns orange then let go. and it connected right away. 

For those of you still struggling with Eros 300 connectivity, this solved it for me. Video below walks you through factory rest of the Eros 300. Once done your Arc should immediately detect it for setup.

hope this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I have the same exact set-up and issue here! Im beyond frustrated with Sonos right now. I’ve logged 10 hours so far with 2 hours on the phone with inadequate Sonos Tech Support from the Philippines. Been a customer since 2006 but connecting the Era 300 has been the worst experience thus far. About to return to Sonos unless someone else has any clue. 

On a Netgear Nighthawk Mesh network which works fine with my 15 other Sonos products. Maybe there is a bug Sonos needs to fix? 

my Arc, sub, and Era300 are all connected wirelessly , my difficulty was removing my play1s from the app.

are any of yours hardwired?

Well, all I can say is now I have full surround and before I did it I did not, and judging from the response time I’ve seen here from Sonos, I’d venture to guess this was the simplest, fastest, and arguably best way, especially on new just out of the box product.

Alright i figured this issue out on my setup I had to unplug era 300 not connecting then hold the bluetootth button on back above power then plug back in while continue holding bluetooth button wait till it turns orange then let go. and it connected right away. 

Thanks it does the trick and avoids having to send diagnostic and waiting  on the phone