• Sonos OS S2
    • Build 75146030
  • Sonos System
    • Beam Gen 2 ver159 build 75146030
    • Sub mini ver 15.9 build 7516030
  • Samsung TV QE75QN85BATXXU
  • Sonos Beam 2 connects with Samsung TV with eARC

Problem
- After TV is off & on, the TV will lost the connection of Sonos Beam and output the audio with internal speaker

Workaround

• Power off the Sonos and Power on the Sonos. The TV will re-connect to the Beam.

Tried to reset the Sonos Beam or Power off sonos beam&TV + Disconnect sonos beam + Power on sonos beam&TV + connect sonos beam. But the problem still exists.

Please kindly advise how to resolve the issue

66 replies

Has there been any progress on this? Wish I had bought the Samsung speaker now….

Badge +1

Same issue here.  Reset the TV to factory defaults, tried resetting the Sonos as well.  Now I have 2 Beams that I can’t register through the app and aren’t recognized by the TVs they are attached to (recent generation Samsung QLEDs)

Any heard any update on this thread or known solution?

If I told my customers I’ll get working on something and then go radio silence I’d expect to get a few complaints…

I have a TCL and the same problem. This only started when we had the last update..

Any news @sonos??

I have a Samsung QN95A, Sonos Beam Gen 2, been having this issue for as long as I've owned both. The eARC keeps dropping out. Both are on the latest updates (downloaded from Samsung website) Beam is also updated. Constant disconnect from eARC requiring resets etc. It happens every time I change HDMI source from say PS5 to Xbox. Am essentially left to leave it in HDMI mode (no eArc) meaning I can't get Atoms on my gaming and major audio delays because I can't use passthrough. Spent countless hours speaking with Samsung and it took trying a different soundbar to prove it wasn't the TV. This is all on Sonos and no fix for over a year is absolutely outrageous. 

I’ve been using a smart plug to turn the beam off during the night and then back on a couple of minutes later. Over the last month all has worked flawlessly; previously I was experiencing all the issues reported here.  While a workaround at least it’s working and without intervention on my part. 

The last 2 weeks it has been working normally again.  There used to be a few minute delay and then the Sonos would work.  Now’s it’s immediately available when I turn on the TV.  I think it was fixed on the Sonos side because my Samsung firmware hasn’t changed, but that is a guess.  My Samsung TV is on firmware 1622 and Sonos Bean Gen 2 is on the latest.

Would be nice to get official word from Sonos that this is resolved.

I’ve been using a smart plug to turn the beam off during the night and then back on a couple of minutes later. Over the last month all has worked flawlessly; previously I was experiencing all the issues reported here.  While a workaround at least it’s working and without intervention on my part. 

Thanks for the reply, my disconnects happen while in use but I will definitely try your suggestion as I'm getting to the point where I might get rid of the Sonos for something else. 

My issues were mostly when turning on again the next day however i did experience issues while in use albeit less regularly. If turning the Beam off and back on works for you then it’s definitely worth a go.  Good luck. 

The last 2 weeks it has been working normally again.  There used to be a few minute delay and then the Sonos would work.  Now’s it’s immediately available when I turn on the TV.  I think it was fixed on the Sonos side because my Samsung firmware hasn’t changed, but that is a guess.  My Samsung TV is on firmware 1622 and Sonos Bean Gen 2 is on the latest.

Would be nice to get official word from Sonos that this is resolved.

I believe it’s the same for me. We’ve had almost 2 weeks without any issues. Here’s hoping this’ll be the end of the issues. Would be nice to hear from Sonos...

I’ll check software and can try again without the smart plug workaround to help confirm this is fixed. 

Tried without the smart plug and all was OK for a few days but then yesterday when I turned the tv on it went to TV audio and I had to manually select Sonos again. Put the smart plug back in again…..

Still getting this issue. 
PS5 > TV Samsung QN95A > Sonos Beam Gen 2. When I change sources or to a different app after playing the PS5, Loose eARC and get no sound from anything. Samsung are adamant it's a Sonos Issue and given the number of posts it's not just me. Sonos said 7 months ago they were looking into this but still nothing. 

This is absolutely unacceptable. My new Samsung works fine but when I use the beam gen 2 with it, it just randomly stops. I guess Sonos is fine with customers returning this item to Costco?! 

Sorry to hear you've had the same issue as me. Wish Sonos would listen and fix the issue