• Sonos OS S2
    • Build 75146030
  • Sonos System
    • Beam Gen 2 ver159 build 75146030
    • Sub mini ver 15.9 build 7516030
  • Samsung TV QE75QN85BATXXU
  • Sonos Beam 2 connects with Samsung TV with eARC

Problem
- After TV is off & on, the TV will lost the connection of Sonos Beam and output the audio with internal speaker

Workaround

• Power off the Sonos and Power on the Sonos. The TV will re-connect to the Beam.

Tried to reset the Sonos Beam or Power off sonos beam&TV + Disconnect sonos beam + Power on sonos beam&TV + connect sonos beam. But the problem still exists.

Please kindly advise how to resolve the issue

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 15 November 2023, 16:08

View original

48 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @lmleung7, welcome to Sonos Community.

We are currently investigating an issue with the Sonos Beam (Gen2) losing the connection with some Samsung TVs after they come back from Standby mode, but I do not have an ETA to share..

The workaround as you mentioned would be to power-cycle the Sonos Beam or use the Optical Adapter.

Thank you for your patience.

I’ve reported the same issue, this is the case number. Not fixed after call, still just randomly looses the connection to the eARC, makes the cost of my upgrade to the Beam 2 rather pointless as now using optical cable.. I’ve also spoken to Samsung waiting for a response but not convinced it’s anything at their end as it worked fine when I first purchased it and I’ve not had any TV updates… please update me also once you have any feedback. 

Moderator edit: removed case number (identifying information)

Same issues here, I originally thought it may be my Apple TV remote, but I’ve since sold the Apple TV, reset the TV, PS5 and Sonos Beam 2 all to factory settings, the issue went away for a few weeks, but now back to doing it again.

When I turn the TV back on after a long period of time i.e going to sleep, the sound output switches to the TV speakers.

Only workaround I’ve found is to turn the power off the main power plug on the wall for all devices and leave it off for a few minutes and then turn it back on, usually sorts it out for another week or so!

If anyone has a permanent fix it would be greatly appreciated, never had this issue with my gen 1 beam, kind of annoying for a +£500 piece of kit that’s now after the return date.

I have exactly this issue too.  Very frustrating - real dis incentive to upgrade/ change systems once you get a stability

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

It is never a bad idea to put your systems into manual update mode and let all the auto-update folks discover the problems. Waiting for them to be fixed and then doing the update can be a lot less frustrating. It is a lot more work though as you have to track the problem reports and fix status.

I’m too lazy for that these days, I’ll auto-update and live with any bugs that bite.

I have exactly this issue too.  Very frustrating - real dis incentive to upgrade/ change systems once you get a stability

It’s annoying! It’s even more frustrating not knowing if it’s the TV or the beam!

Hi guys,

I’ve done some digging and apparently it’s an issue with the Samsung Q series TV’s not the Sonos Beam. Looks like my only option is to sell the Beam & get a Samsung sound bar. 

The TV worked fine with Beam 2, until the last 3 months…. So something changed… have Samsung put an update out recently then? 

Hi All,

I have got a same issue with Samsung OLED TV it just not Q series I think. I need to power off the beam Gen 2 by removing the power cable and it connects back.

This happens everyday when the Samsung OLED TV is come back from standby mode Bean Gen2 does not connect.

I tried the Beam Gen 2 with 12 years old Samsung 3D TV which is got ARC port and it works fine.

Sent an email to Samsung customer service to see if they come back with anything...

I have the same problem, I totally disconnected my beam but now the tv won’t connect it just doesn’t see it. This is so frustrating!

I still have time to return the sound bar to Costco. Seeing that Sonos won’t fix it any time sooner, I better return it.

@Sotiris C. do you have an ETA? I see that this issue has been around for the past few months now.

Any update on this?  This has been going on for a few months now.  I still have to power off/on my Beam almost every time I turn on my TV to get it working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I still have time to return the sound bar to Costco. Seeing that Sonos won’t fix it any time sooner, I better return it.

@Sotiris C. do you have an ETA? I see that this issue has been around for the past few months now.

As stated you can temporarily switch to optical until Samsung fix their CEC behavior.

Hi guys,

I’ve done some digging and apparently it’s an issue with the Samsung Q series TV’s not the Sonos Beam. Looks like my only option is to sell the Beam & get a Samsung sound bar. 

Can you let us know where you found this info?  I suffer from the same issue and want to push samsung and Sonos to resolve it.  TV worked fine with Sonos Playbar for years, now it doesn’t like the beam I switched to.

Same issue with my new Samsung TV. It's driving me nuts and I would NOT recommend the Beam Gen 2 to another Samsung owner. I am sure Sonos knows the problem but every time I spoke with tech support they had me do the same useless procedures and once again I turn on the TV and no Sonos until reboot the Beam. Yuk. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@LakeSailor 

If you go through the whole topic you will see that this is an issue of Samsung firmware. So imho best that Sonos can do is telling Samsung about it. 
And also as said before in the meantime you can use the optical connection as a workaround. 

Samsung says it's a Sonos problem since other sound bars work fine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Samsung says it's a Sonos problem since other sound bars work fine.

You know about that ping pong game…? 😉

Other TVs don’t have trouble with Sonos products.

So… who’s telling the truth? As a fact in most cases TV firmware is the reason for HDMI CEC problems. 

Same issue.  Costco QN90BD.  Beam 2.  Ironically it loses connection like every 2 weeks with a margin of error of around 3 days. . Pretty strange.  I bought a $500 sonos product thinking that you get what you pay for.  I get it that Sonos just blames Samsung but that’s not my issue ( I guess indirectly it is).  Why is it that all other sound bars work with these Samsung Tvs if its a Samsung issue?  Super frustrating for someone who tried sonos for the first time.  

I’ve asked this each time I have you guys reboot since my TV is mounted.   CAN YOU PLEASE LET US REBOOT OUR BEAM THROUGH THE APP OURSELVES SO WE DONT HAVE TO CHAT WITH SUPPORT EVERY TIME? So annoying that I have to reach out to you guys every 2 weeks.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I’ve had this problem for ages now, I have purchased a remote socket so that I can do a power cycle if needed and I turn it all off at night so that the power cycle is done every day.

I don't see this as a fix and I have spoken to Sonos customer service they told me they were aware of the problem but as yet still no fix.

I have also suggested they add a reboot option to the Sonos app and they said they would pass this on to the relevant team, but again this was quite some time ago and not heard anything about this possible addition. 

Can someone from Sonos look in to this again please its getting more frustrating by the day.

My system:-

TV Samsung QE43QN90B

Sonos Beam Gen 2 

Sonos Sub Mini 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I have the same issue with Samsung 55S93C and Beam2/sub mini/ symphonisklamps as rear.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Quick update, I've moved my Firestick to HDMI 1 from HDMI 2 but still using the Lindy CEC free HDMI adapter connected to it and since then I've not had to do a power cycle. Over a week now. Will keep monitoring though. 

Still think Sonos could add a reboot to the app.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Quick update, I've moved my Firestick to HDMI 1 from HDMI 2 but still using the Lindy CEC free HDMI adapter connected to it and since then I've not had to do a power cycle. Over a week now. Will keep monitoring though. 

Still think Sonos could add a reboot to the app.

Sonos updated to 16.0 yesterday switched on this morning and no Sonos sound so I had to do a full power cycle to get it back.

Having exact same issue.

TV model: QN55S95BAFXZA

Sonos Version: 16.2

Sonos OS: S2

Build: 77449290

Any updates on this?

Does anybody know whether this issue has been resolved?