can’t shut music off in one room 

no sleep timer 

very very disappointed 

icon

Best answer by Hornet305 9 May 2024, 15:33

View original

51 replies

Userlevel 4

For those that found the version 16.1 apk PLEASE provide a link!!!! My Sonos is now 1/2 the system it was before this week's app so called update. What were you people thinking??? Somewhere there is a manager that approved this shit show and they should  be fired. Fix this Sonos or roll back!!!!!!!!!! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Anyone else not seeing the volume #s when using the volume slider?  It was useful for me when I set up a group and want to set the volume in a different room to a certain level instead to going to that room to hear what the volume is at.

Userlevel 1

Relieved I’m not the only one hating the new app!

All I wanted to do was play an album from my NAS, but there’s no way to do that anymore!

“Pin collection to home” is now the only option.  What happened?  Did nobody test the new app with real users?!

And how come the new search STILL cannot search my own music??  The old search could!  That’s where I play almost everything from!

PLEASE fix these massive issues ASAP!

Userlevel 3

I completely agree. My system has become unusable.

For example, if I start music playing in one room and then change to another and apply - the change succeeds for a minute. After a minute the display switches back and a short while later the system switches back and the the stream stops. 
Queue editing isn’t available on IOS and android? Holy crap!

I respectfully submit that this app upgrade was released prematurely and a company who would release something incomplete to a base of customers who have sunk hardware costs has no respect for its users. 

Userlevel 1

Please roll back the app!!

Userlevel 1

I've never actually posted in a community section like this, but this experience is so bad I felt compelled. I've raved to friends and family about how great Sonos is specifically for the ease of use for me and all of my family with the app. It's such an easy selling point and everyone I've converted agrees. I now feel like I need to call them to apologize. The app appears to have lost it's functionality. I've had 3 instances today that I wanted to play music and all three attempts led me to choose silence on my home. I hope it reverts back or they do a significant overhaul in a hurry that at least somewhat provides the ease and functionality of the prior version. Sonos I hope you address this quickly. Even if it's simply enabling us to undo the update. If that's possible, someone please chime in.

Totally agree with this. Im a big Sonos fan, but this update is a nightmare. @Sonos Please roll back to the latest version and first start testing with a newer version and please first check in with experienced users to check if it's an improvement and test it. 

This update is very bad. This way Sonos shows to have no respect what so ever for customers.

Roll back this update ASAP!  I cannot edit my playlist, cannot delete, add or move songs.  This must be the worst update I have ever experienced.  I was already tired of Sonos and the endless technical problems. This is the final straw.

Terrible Terrible Terrible

The worst "update" ever. Messed up volume features, missing products, not f8nding playlists, etc....

I can not believe that a human being approved this update. Most probably it was an automatic AI update!

Thank god, i have a device that still has the good (old) version of the app and i can use my Sonos speakers.

This update is terrible nothing is working !

Utter Shambles 

Userlevel 2

Been a big fan of Sonos, though the software has always been the Achilles heel.  But this update is a disaster for me and the way I wish to listen to my music collection and multiroom “functionality”.  Just spent a lot upgrading and this is a shambles.  Whether I’d buy Sonos headphones at this point depends on how this fiasco is addressed and rectified.  I do understand the need for software changes but if I am told the new app is a “courageous” improvement, suck it up and don’t worry I will be able to access my music and system in a few months, the failure to understand my situation will certainly mean no Sonos headphones for me.

What a dreadful update. So glad they didn’t roll out an update to the app on Mac as that still works fine. Maybe it’s my ignorance of the new app but on IOS I can no longer search for songs in my local library; it only searches streaming services. I used to enjoy queuing up songs from my library but can’t see how i do this now? Maybe it’s there but it’s not very intuitive if it is. This is one hell of a crap update and whoever was responsible for deploying it should be sacked,

What happened to play next or add to queue!?!?  Not liking this update at all.  They keep this up and I'll switch speakers.  Ridiculous.  I can't vouch to friends and family with these kind of updates...

As others have said this is a terrible update specifically for me so far:

1. Slow to load, UI initialises but then sits their flashing while it refreshes state making it unusable for up to 10 seconds
  2. Adjusting the volume of a specific device now takes more clicks
  3. Adjusting the volume of a specific device often just doesn’t work, you slide your finger over the slider and it doesn’t move
  4.  Adding a device to a group takes up to 30 seconds until it starts playing
  5. The button to close volume sliders is labelled apply when there is nothing to apply as volume changes are applied on the fly so done or close would make more sense

All these noticed within 2 minutes of using the update 80.00.04 on iOS on iPhone 11.

As someone who works in software development these types of regressions really shouldn’t make it through QA and when they do you need to act quickly. With the number and breadth of issues I would recommend you strongly consider reverting the release to give your development team to address all of the issues in this release and also do a retrospective on how a release with so many glaring issues was approved for release 

Userlevel 1

Couldn't agree more with everyone.  Sonos need to roll back this app until it actually works.   Most of the time it doesn't recognise my system, and when it does, I can't access my own music on my nas.  Add to that the complete lack of previous functionality, this is a monumental clusterfu*k of an app and Sonos should be ashamed of themselves.

This update is awful they need to sort it out soon a possible 

Userlevel 3

At least I’m not alone! What an appalling update, decided to check out the new app promoted by Sonos, oh look I don’t have any products. I then spent the next 30 minutes endlessly rebooting my components as variously the Beam or Sub were not recognised by the app (despite being connected & volume adjustable via tv remote) or the Beam (hardwired via ethernet due to previous frustrating issues) didn’t connect to the  Sub.

I have all the issues identifed by previous commentators & the same level of irritation. I worked in senior positions in the software Testing arena for EDS, HP, & DXC for 20 years, this app should not have made it past SIT, let alone UAT! I can only surmise the acceptance criteria was to upset the customer base or just released to meet a sales delivery date (with no care for quality),  I’ve seen undergrads on work experience deliver better software.

Totally dissapointed with your attitude to quality, I cannot recommend your premium priced products with such a hopeless interface & am unlikely to buy more, PLEASE ROLL THE APP BACK ASAP (or indicate when the defects will be fixed!)

Does anybody from SONOS actually look at this stuff (or even care)?

Sonos…. what have you done…  You took everything I like about the app and removed it.

I have a large library, 1000’s of songs.  I play them in different ways, sometimes by genre, sometimes by artist, sometimes by song.  I go to my music library (which no longer shows album art) and I would select a genre (or a group or a song) with a long hold and then select “Play Now”, or “Add to end of Queue”.  Now that no longer is an option.  Why?  If I select a group with a long hold my only option is “Save to Sonos Favorites”.  WTF.

I can longer easily see my queue, and I can no longer clear my queue.  Why?  I can no longer select music to play by selecting “All” under the artist or genre.  All I get is “Pin collection to home”.  What does that even mean?  If I am forced to add all this to my home screen it will be unusable.

This is really terrible.  So far I have not updated the app on my tablet, so I can still use the old version.  My phone is now unusable due to the update.  I am sure at some point my tablet will update as well.  

Not sure what to do.  I have three different Sonos systems and my daughter liked mine so much she got her own,  

Please roll this back.

etdown

Sonos was already somewhat not having the best software. The past years it improved a lot and everyone was somewhat happy. In modern software development, when bringing a new interface, we let the user chose between the old and the new interface. And then we monitor how many users are using which interface.  Again Sonos,  not the best in class,  pulls up a new interface which is lacking a lot of backwards compatibility.  And indeed during seconds/minutes you can loose your system. 

I can’t even get my app to connect to my system. What an awful rollout!!

Same problem here.

Agree the with the comments above. Please rollback - Can’t add new songs to playlist (getting “Unable to load. Some information is missing...” 

Can’t browse local folder.

More functions are gone.

New UI sucks!

I can’t believe company like Sonos did this move…

Want to believe Sonos servers were hacked and the faulty update was pushed to the users… And Sonos will apologize and we’ll get back the working app soon

Is there a rollback procedure ? for each devise PC, Phone, Tablet ?

Haker ? I beleive nobody get any benefit from this situation.  I did it themself !

Userlevel 1

Worst app ever. Even before the update it was sh****. Now nothing reacts when I'm clicking. And if it does it takes several seconds. Songs are being restarted or replayed by itself. Volume is resetting to previous state multiple times before staying where I want it to.

No possibility to create a playlost anymore? This is like the essence of a music app..

How can you not have tested this update through and through before releasing it? That's like the basic of software development.

But what do you care. We already spent the money on your products.. Jokes on us.

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

No Words meededen.

Unbelieveble this update has passed tests

worlking with iPhone 15 on latest iOS and the Sonos app is like dead. What a dissapointing experience.

over the past time I have been less and less enthusiastic about Sonos ltogether. A lot of delay, some household gadgets cannot be used anymore for a while, killing my radio app etc

i come to a point to say goodbye to the platform