Question

A huge step backward--what are you guys thinking?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

280 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Another month has gone by and it still seems nothing has been improved in the last month or did I miss something?

You missed some great discussions, but no major website changes happened on the community in the last month. We're looking to make improvements, but don't have a timetable for any right now. I'll update you when there are any changes.
nevermind
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
Do you have to go to the first page of a thread and then select the last page? Winds me up but not had the inclination to create something and ask.
Incredible. The email notification piece is no longer working again.
I do hope Sonos isn't paying InSided much for this incredibly poor system.
Hi Ratty, you didn't look very far for the password change did you, have a swift eyeball in your profile and voila it's top of the list.
Hi Ratty, you didn't look very far for the password change did you, have a swift eyeball in your profile and voila it's top of the list.
Excuse me? I don't recall commenting on the password setting mechanism.
Apologies Ratty, i answered the question of the wrong person, sorry no offence meant.
Oh jeez, give it up. The fact one poster may find a current situation to be unacceptable does nothing to legitimise another's complaints about something else. People can find one thing an imposition and still find other things to be petty whining. This especially applies when comparing complaints about a support website vs. the actual software being supported. That's not even apples and oranges, it's apples and orangutans. :rolleyes
Userlevel 6
Badge +8
... petty whining ...
Yes. Petty whining.

Not to mention constantly complaining that Sonos doesn't enact a technically unsupportable, financially unviable policy of developing, maintaining, and allowing for release every software version ever made going back over a decade in order to placate the wishes of a tiny fraction of its users who want to remain frozen in time but not lose any functionality, while still being able to add new devices. This insane request has nothing to do with not liking a support site, and has everything to do with . . . (now saying it a third time) - Petty whining!
Userlevel 6
Badge +8
... constantly complaining ...
No, it's petty. And you gave requirements that are not achievable without the scenario I've outlined. I'm sorry, stating "if it's impractical, then they should pick some other way" is the design equivalent of waving a magic wand, and is not going to cut it in a room of software engineers. As Kumar said in another thread, it's like an Admiral saying to solve the submarine problem we just have to drain the ocean; a mere engineering problem. Hence my description of your wishes as ridiculous. The support site and queue fixes are legitimate requests, you are requesting they find unicorns and Bigfoots, and when people say they don't exist, you have nothing to say except "Find a way". Big difference.

And nice watering down of your many specific, numbered requirements, every one of which you insisted be implemented. Seems even you know how ridiculous they are.
Not unicorns or Bigfoot, just asking for some strategy to solve the problem. Saying "solve the submarine problem" is perfectly legitimate if not solving it leaves you sunk and it doesn't imply draining the ocean. That is your embellishment to try to belittle the validity of a concern you don't share.

You've offered no solutions, only requirements. You've been told your requirements are technically and financially impossible, yet you won't withdraw the requirements. All for a tiny fraction of the user base. Trust me, you don't need me to belittle the validity of your concern.
I'll tell you what, when they address it and it turns out to be possible, then you can tell me what I can and cannot post. Until then, I will post what I want and when I want. Also, I kindly ask you to stop attacking me, and instead address the glaring inconsistencies and outright impracticality I've raised about your requirements, rather than hiding behind Sonos' silence on the subject as a shield for your apparent unwillingness or inability to defend your ideas. Deal?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Isn't this the thread on the forum changes not controller/hardware changes?

I can see why people don't like the new forum format / especially the search. But what does that really have to do with the enjoyment of the actual Sonos product?

In the case of software changes - I have been very negative on the newest software. But there is a difference in expressing your opinion on software changes and out right bombarding and spamming the forum every few minutes and every thread about irritation about software changes (which was the big problem when some users were chastised by other users for being down right obnoxious in their objections to software changes).
Isn't this the thread on the forum changes not controller/hardware changes?

I can see why people don't like the new forum format / especially the search. But what does that really have to do with the enjoyment of the actual Sonos product?

In the case of software changes - I have been very negative on the newest software. But there is a difference in expressing your opinion on software changes and out right bombarding and spamming the forum every few minutes and every thread about irritation about software changes (which was the big problem when some users were chastised by other users for being down right obnoxious in their objections to software changes).

I agree this is not the right place for this discussion and apologize that it is so far off topic from the area of forum changes. I'll stop contributing to the clutter.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
All sounds pretty reasonable Mike. There is a complaint thread for the current software version changes of course

https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/sonos-are-you-reading-this-please-put-the-controller-queue-function-back-how-it-was-6739476
I don't know if anyone has done this till now; yesterday I emailed the Sonos CEO at his "mail to me I want to hear from you" address on two things. The Insided fiasco in general and what is now getting to be a SNAFU - the spam - which has become ridiculous.

I even got a PM from a genuine member yesterday, pointing out one spam that had a link with my name somewhere in the link. I had noticed and ignored it because it is a common enough name in India.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, I know this is a really heated thread, but let's try to stay on topic and friendly with each other. We've gone through and removed some posts that weren't contributing to the discussion and included attacks or taunts. Let's all please keep things civil.
I don't know if anyone has done this till now; yesterday I emailed the Sonos CEO at his "mail to me I want to hear from you" address on two things.
Am I wrong or too early in expecting at least an acknowledge receipt?
Am I wrong or too early in expecting at least an acknowledge receipt?
His office may be preoccupied with currency gyrations and "off-shoring" complications, as America prepares to make itself Great again.
I received a reply from Patrick Spence, Sonos President.

Summary - nothing very wrong with Insided, usage up 10X since switching over.
Spam - being addressed.

IMO, the expected/typical form reply from any large company CEO, but perhaps internally something will happen of which we will never really know anything unless and until it is visible as an outcome.
Summary - nothing very wrong with Insided, usage up 10X since switching over.
Whose usage is up by 10 times? Insided's maybe.

I can't but believe that there is some self-serving accounting being done somewhere.

Maybe the count includes the spam posters. 😃
Lol. I am merely reporting what the man said:-). And if Insided has an automated metric that reports usage, spam will get counted. Maybe Insided is sending the spam to look good?!!ROFL...