Question

A huge step backward--what are you guys thinking?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

280 replies

usage up 10X since switching over
Maybe compared with the last days of the old forums, a time when their link was in fact removed from the support page? I would say that comparing today's 'community' traffic with an aggregate of the old forums plus Ask they're probably broadly equivalent. Certainly nothing like an order of magnitude difference.
I thought there is little difference in the traffic I see here compared to just the old forum, let alone with the other thing added. But there isn't a way to argue about a quoted number without having metrics in turn, except in terms of qualitative things being better in Forum, which I did point out as my opinion in my thank you response.

Corporate types usually hear what they want to hear, and there is little to be done about that, I have found.
The link to this page in the email notification about new posts in this thread says 'page not found.' Nope... no problem with insided lol.
The link to this page in the email notification about new posts in this thread says 'page not found.' Nope... no problem with insided lol.
The email link redirected to page 11 of a (then) 10-page thread. There are a few other threads misbehaving too, notably the 24/96 thread but that could simply be dying of exhaustion.
I was also told in a follow up mail a while ago that Spam is sorted. That doesn't seem to be the case...
I was also told in a follow up mail a while ago that Spam is sorted.
'Sorted' might equate to 'support staff fervently trying to remove it as fast as it arrives'.
LOL. No, the words were " we deployed a remedy over the past two days that has safe guarded us from these attacks; we continue to watch to ensure that these are not being circumnavigated".

Perhaps a meaningless statement in terms of promised outcomes?
'Circumnavigation' is all about us as of this moment. Presumably it awaits a member of the support staff to resume the shovelling...
Userlevel 3
Badge +8
I was in the middle of an important trouble-shooting discussion, and most of it is gone. If the migration had not completed, why release the sit to users?
He must have meant to say circumvented...
They have been circumvented, plenty of spam at the moment. ..
Maybe they prepared for circumnavigation, but instead the spammers circumvented.
Lol
Didn't want to start a new thread for this - in forums under General discussion I had started a thread of recommended music. Where is that now? And under my profile how do I see all threads I have started here? I could do that in forums, can I do that here?
He must have meant to say circumvented...
But he did say circumnavigated...I just now rechecked the mail to make sure I did not mistype:-)
Also, how come I am still "Novice"? Not that it particularly matters, but perhaps different criteria followed for ask and forum members?!
You say circumnavigate,
I say circumvent,
Let's call the whole thing off
Send him a screenshot of all the current spam. Doubt he visits the forum... er, community, at all
Badge
I gotta agree. Something about the look or structure of it just isn't very inviting. Hard to look at.
And yes, the spam must certainly account for at least a good portion of the 10X traffic boost. Does he not know this?
Better yet does he care? Ask him to log in here, then close his browser. Come back a few hours later and try to reply to something. Silly thing prompts to log in again even though 'remember me' is checked AND it says my name and shows my avatar at the top.
I did suggest a beginning to end read of this year long thread...and the spam one.
A screenshot to show him it's been circumvented, assuming InSided actually put anything in place, which I doubt.

[quote=Kumar]
Thank you, I found the topics thing, though I am quite sure I have started a lot more threads than the 25 shown over there.

The number next to topics shows 64, but when I click it, it goes to a page with 25 topics. What am I doing wrong?
A screenshot to show him it's been circumvented, assuming InSided actually put anything in place, which I doubt.

lol. You really think he looks at this board? If he did his responses to Kumar would be way different.