Question

A huge step backward--what are you guys thinking?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

280 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Night Mode Eye Guard makes it easier on the eyes. I'm sure that alternatives exist for Chrome and Safari. Unfortunately the website still shows up white for half a second after a refresh.

The amount of white really doesn't work when viewing at night. Would be great to have an option to reverse the colours as a user setting, like some other forums allow.

I agree that there is a LOT of white space here and this website could benefit from themes similar to those found in XenForo so that the user can switch from White to Black etc whenever they want.
Just so you know, still receiving the 500 error when clicking the link in the email notification. If the forum is already open in my browser, clicking the link will work as it opens another tab and displays the topic.

Anyone else getting this? Possible its just me.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Thanks everyone for your input so far. Jim28277, you're absolutely right, this new platform represents a new start and it will absolutely evolve and improve over time. As mentioned above, the migration process was complex, so we're currently very focused on ensuring that everything has made it over correctly. We're making good progress here, and expect to have the launch migration hickups ironed out in the coming days.

We are also listening to your feedback around features you'd like to see and your concerns around the design - we're going to be capturing, sorting and considering all of your thoughts and feedback, and will let you know about any changes and improvements that are coming.
I guess the more savvy current millennial users like this type of layout. I for one do not, but I am also an old fart.
Some of us in the same boat are going to have to lump it, I guess. I don't like that, but I don't have a choice.

Look at the bright side: ex-forum moderators now won't have to read every post and can cherry pick where they want to add value!
[quote=coupsterLook at the bright side: ex-forum moderators now won't have to read every post and can cherry pick where they want to add value!
The bright side is fairly dim IMO.
Especially not too bright to retire the French, Spanish & Dutch speaking Moderator(s) without having something to replace them with.