TruePlay simply does not work in the new App

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I tried to TruePlay Arc / Sub / Ones but the tuning is simply stuck on “Continue” step.

I’ve updated to the latest version 80.00.04. 

@Corry P do u guys are aware of this?

311 replies

Userlevel 1

After restarting the Beam and logging out and back into the Sonos app, I was able to re-associate the Beam Gen 2 with my pair of Era 300s for a home-theater setup. However, when launching the TruePlay calibration, it consistently fails with the latest app update.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello. 
i tried reset arc , but still not working. ( arc + 2x era 300 + sub gen 3 ). Calibration process finished successfully but I cannot see trueplay on/off button on menu. 
Some tips how to do it ? :( 

Hello. 
i tried reset arc , but still not working. ( arc + 2x era 300 + sub gen 3 ). Calibration process finished successfully but I cannot see trueplay on/off button on menu. 
Some tips how to do it ? :( 

I have the same setup (Arc + Sub + 2 Era 300). Done everything, it completes the setup without the on/off button for the Trueplay. Seems like there is a slight improvement in the sound after running the trueplay (may be my wishful thinking)!

FWIW I had no luck using my iPhone 15/iOS 17 however I  was able to successfully set up Trueplay on my Play:1 speakers using my iPhone X running iOS 16 and the new app. Still no luck on my Beam 1 though with this or any other hardware/software configuration. The Beam runs through the process and tells me that the sound has been “optimized” but I still can’t exit and when I quit and restart the app it’s like Trueplay has never been run on the Beam

Userlevel 2
Badge

I tried iphone 15. 15pro max , 14 pro max and Se and not working. Reset app , reset WiFi router , wired Sonos … but still without on/off button. It’s really sad, Sonos is not able to solve this issue with ultimate home theatre so long !!!! 

Userlevel 2

Same setup Arc + Sub + 2 Era 300 restarted reinstall tuning is not applied no toggle on/off button and missing option to retune. Basically sonos is giving us a fake TruePlay to tune

Userlevel 1
Badge

UPDATE:

Still no toggle after rebooting arc, reset app, …etc..

Contacted support via chat. Sent diagnostics…Seems like they are not aware of this. They opened a case but no ETA on resolution. 

They also mentioned that trueplay is “OFF” on my system. So if you do not see the enable/disable trueplay toggle then TRUEPLAY = OFF!

arc + era300s + subs

Same issue here. Started tuning. It did all steps and finishing sound. But no retune or on off toggle. 
with Sonos arc. 2x era 300. And 2x sub gen3. 

it did work on my 2 play:1s. With toggle and retune. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

It seems that the bug only occurs when the speakers are in a surround set. Because if the speakers work individually or as a stereo pair, everything works fine.

Userlevel 2
Badge

It seems that the bug only occurs when the speakers are in a surround set. Because if the speakers work individually or as a stereo pair, everything works fine.

I'm pretty sure the issue revolves around the microphones for the ARC and the ERA 300s, both of which have TRUEPLAY, but both do not have Google Assistant! I wouldn't doubt for a minute that the bug is tied to those inconsistencies between the ARC and the ERA!

Userlevel 2
Badge

I'm pretty sure the issue revolves around the microphones for the ARC and the ERA 300s, both of which have TRUEPLAY, but both do not have Google Assistant! I wouldn't doubt for a minute that the bug is tied to those inconsistencies between the ARC and the ERA!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Trueplay worked for me this evening including the Google button. I also noticed that my iPhone had a software update so I did that first and then I did the true play tuning and at first it didn't work but it looked like it was supposed to work. Then I ran it again and it actually worked. Everything seems to be tuned to the room like it should be

Userlevel 2
Badge

iPhone 14 Pro Max (17.5.1 updated ) , Sonos app 08.01.11 , arc + era + sub 16.2 - and not working. As I mentioned process finished successfully but cannot see trueplay tuning button on menu. So it’s not working. 
I don’t know what do you mean with “google button “. Could you please confirm you can see trueplay running button on arc trueplay menu ? I miss it 

Badge

iPhone 14 Pro Max (17.5.1 updated ) , Sonos app 08.01.11 , arc + era + sub 16.2 - and not working. As I mentioned process finished successfully but cannot see trueplay tuning button on menu. So it’s not working. 
I don’t know what do you mean with “google button “. Could you please confirm you can see trueplay running button on arc trueplay menu ? I miss it 

I ended up with the same results,  Was able to complete the Trueplay process, but seems like it didn’t stick.  Back to square one.  

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I just reinstalled the new app and true play finally finished working.  They must have resolved the issue. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yeah! I swipe type and meant to say toggle not "Google." I don't know if I can repeat the process and don't want to try as I may not be able to get the system trueplay tuned again! I didn't screen shot the app to show because I figure my word is good enough! I've been just as pissed as everyone else with this issue. And, I tuned from my iPhone, but my android phone is my main Device and of course you can't even see the trueplay toggle in the android app! I'm not confident that it will work for everyone but I did update my iPhone software because there was an update and then I ran trueplay and it worked. I am actually able to toggle trueplay off and on in my iPhone app and there is a difference between the two because trueplay completely cleaned up the droning bass notes that I get with 2 Sub Gen 3s. 

Badge

I just reinstalled the new app and true play finally finished working.  They must have resolved the issue. 

Did you delete and then reinstall?  According to my iPhone, I’m running the most current version of the app.  

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

One thing to add. Lost retune and on/ off features 

Badge

One thing to add. Lost retune and on/ off features 

Oh, gotcha.  That’s the same result as me then.  

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Are there any fixes for this?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Yes I deleted the app and reinstalled 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I tried reinstall app and did trueplay calibration again. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong but with same result as before - calibration process successfully finished but cannot see on off button so … 

guys , do you have your arc connected to WiFi or wired ? Cause my is wired and I’m not able to connect it to WiFi because not possible update network :( 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I'm connected via Wi-Fi and that shouldn't make a difference but it might! I'm no tech expert by any means. I did reinstall SONOS and restarted my Arc after restarting my Wi-Fi network. I made sure there were no new SONOS updates on the app, and checked my iPhone for software updates. And mind you were shouldn't have to do so if that s***! But, that being said I got it tune the main listening area and the room! And, I'm not ruling to try it again!

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I was thinking about trying to reset the whole system, but I'm worried that I won't be able to set it back up to work again. I don't want you to try it again; don't do it because you might have been lucky the first time, and the calibration might not be successful the second time. I'll try to connect the arc to the wifi somehow and restart everything once more.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I tried reinstall app and did trueplay calibration again. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong but with same result as before - calibration process successfully finished but cannot see on off button so … 

guys , do you have your arc connected to WiFi or wired ? Cause my is wired and I’m not able to connect it to WiFi because not possible update network :( 

The fault is not in your "system". The reason you don't see the on/off switch is because there is probably a bug in the software. If it has worked well wired up to now, you do not "need" to use it on a Wi-Fi network.

If you want to use it on a WiFi network, here is a link on how to change it:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/switch-sonos-between-a-wireless-and-wired-setup