TruePlay simply does not work in the new App

Show first post

338 replies

Badge

Yup, tried all the remedies mentioned within this thread.  I was able to get TruePlay to start by playing a snippet from YouTube Music, but the app froze after completing the “walking around your listening space” phase.  Attempted multiple times with no luck.  

Badge

Hey I found a fix for this. Go on the Sonos app and make sure you have Spotify or Apple Music on it. Play about 10 seconds of any song and pause it, then go into trueplay and it’ll work. 

This works. Thanks. 

Badge

Hey I found a fix for this. Go on the Sonos app and make sure you have Spotify or Apple Music on it. Play about 10 seconds of any song and pause it, then go into trueplay and it’ll work. 

This works. Thanks. 

It did not work for me and for several others as I’ve read here.   

Userlevel 1

Evidently, it doesn't take much to understand that the TRUEPLAY calibration is NOT working since the new update of the SONOS app, despite all the good faith efforts to meet all the requirements for it to function normally. So, in light of all the feedback from your clients and consumers and the phenomenal BADBUZZ this regrettable situation is generating, is it possible to get a real response from the support team to inform us clearly and simply about the upcoming update needed for this new application so that those who purchase your products can finally get them to work correctly?  🙏🏼

Badge

After playing Sonos radio, Spotify, trying to setup Google assistance, etc, now my app crashes 5-10s after opening it no matter what device I'm using, whether it be android or IOS. I can use the android app until I sign into my account and then it crashes soon after opening (even after uninstlling and reinstalling on both ios and android. This app is a mess and not to what should be Sonos standards. Not only that, but TruePlay is non-existent for what's seemingly ALL customers with an arc, sub, and ERA combo. 

Same pain. TruePlay doesn’t work and just hangs. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Same here.  Able to perform the walk around during the playing of the tones but cannot complete the last part.  It just hangs.  Tried the workaround by playing Apple Music for about 30 secs from the app, pause it and then do the tuning but still does not work.  I have the arc, 2 x ERA300, and 2 x sub gen3.  Now, the sound sounds terrible compared to what it was before I upgraded to version 80.xxx.  Should not have upgraded.  So freaking pissed off. 

Userlevel 1

Arc, Sub, and two Era 300s. Have tried the playing music first workaround, ensuring mic was enabled, and Sonos voice assistant. Still freezes after doing the tuning motion. 

Arc, Sub, and two Era 300s. Have tried the playing music first workaround, ensuring mic was enabled, and Sonos voice assistant. Still freezes after doing the tuning motion. 

same here

I have the same issue as many previously, with a lock of the app upon completion of tones in the walk around portion of tuning my Arc, Era 300s, and Sub group.

Badge

I have the same issue as many previously, with a lock of the app upon completion of tones in the walk around portion of tuning my Arc, Era 300s, and Sub group.

Most people can't even start the tuning process since the start tuning button does nothing. At least you got farther, although it still doesn't work

This actually didn’t work for me the first time because TruePlay began another “circle” for me to continue walking around before my screen froze and turned off to sleep. The trick is to tap your screen as the first circle is completing to keep it on. It will appear another circle is beginning but it will stop and then TruePlay will give you that sound indicating completion. 

As a prerequisite to this, I suggest unplugging your Sonos products, plugging them back in after 15-20 sec to give them a refresh and power cycling your phone. Then play music on the Sonos app, pause, and begin the TruePlay process.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Gilly84,

sorry, I don’t quite understand what you mean by this, ‘ another “circle” for me to continue walking around before my screen froze and turned off to sleep. The trick is to tap your screen as the first circle is completing to keep it on. It will appear another circle is beginning but it will stop ’

can you please explain?

thank you

Hi Gilly84,

sorry, I don’t quite understand what you mean by this, ‘ another “circle” for me to continue walking around before my screen froze and turned off to sleep. The trick is to tap your screen as the first circle is completing to keep it on. It will appear another circle is beginning but it will stop ’

can you please explain?

thank you

I’m referring to the yellow circle on your phone screen as you’re performing Trueplay, walking around your room, and waving your phone around. The circle acts as a timer to let you know how long the app needs to tune the room.

Trueplay normally only requires one full “circle” before you hear the completion sound, but with the update, if you follow the workaround instructions (playing music, etc) it appears another circle is beginning, so as the first round is completing, tap your screen so it doesn’t go to sleep. As the second circle begins, it will pause, then you’ll see the completion screen and sound. Hope that helps. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Gilly84,

thank you for the explanation.  I did not know there is a second circle that starts when I do the workaround (play Apple Music for 10 secs).  I will try your recommendation tomorrow and report back

thank you again for your time 

Badge

Latest fix works just fine after a lot of failed efforts. Arc, sub and Era 300s  now fully tuned and sounds a lot better.

i have noticed that the option to increase the surround volume has disappeared though after tuning.

Hi Gilly84,

can you please explain?

thank you

I’m referring to the yellow circle on your phone screen as you’re performing Trueplay, walking around your room, and waving your phone around. The circle acts as a timer to let you know how long the app needs to tune the room.

Trueplay normally only requires one full “circle” before you hear the completion sound, but with the update, if you follow the workaround instructions (playing music, etc) it appears another circle is beginning, so as the first round is completing, tap your screen so it doesn’t go to sleep. As the second circle begins, it will pause, then you’ll see the completion screen and sound. Hope that helps. 

Glad to hear this worked for you. I also had to keep my phone screen awake by tapping it (which was new—I’ve had Sonos for years and the app always kept the screen on during tuning). However, mine freezes after the circle completes and tones cease playing. At least one time the tones played on indefinitely until I killed the app.

What I think matters here is that none of us should have to do a litany of special steps to make this work. Sonos’ entire proposition is high quality and ease of use. Tuning just isn’t working right now, at least for me, and I’m disappointed.

Exact same issue here!!

TruePlay worked just fine prior to new app update.
Now it Freezes in the exact same spot as original post. 
I’m not waiting “152 minutes” estimated wait time for an agent.

rebooted iPhone.

rebooted all systems.

uninstalled and reinstalled the App.

even updated to the latest IOS - 17.5.

Same thing!

***Not to mention the rear speaker distance adjust feature is gone.
Bring it back Sonos!!

Components:

Beam (Gen 2)

Sub mini

Two Era 100 speakers

A competent company should purchase and manage Sonos! What feeble business person would allow an untested update to create such havoc with its best customers (Arc + Sub + 2 Era 300)? Think about how all the negative word of mouth will empower the Sonos competition. This is the last Sonos system I’ll ever buy; I will certainly steer my friends and family away from Sonos. I’ve spent at least 10 hours researching, testing, and going in circles to try to solve this issue. 

Realmente decepcionado con la nueva app.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Sonos: please make the working S2 app available.

Userlevel 1
Badge

“Note: It comes without our patented Trueplay™ tuning technology, because we couldn't fix the software bug in more than a week...” 😀😀

Userlevel 2
Badge

I'm literally so pissed that I spent over $5,000 on my Sonos equipment and I can't tune my room like I'm supposed to be able to do that. I could actually eat an entire box of nails. I wish there was someone at sono's that I could literally punch in the solar plexus right now! You can do all the retuning and all of the resetting and all of the factory resetting of your internet provider. You can do all of that and you still will not get that true play to complete its diagnostic when it is tuning your room. What the freak is going on?

Badge

Hi,  I’m experiencing the same issue.

I found I can run Trueplay if I disconnect my era 300’s, leaving just my arc and sub.  Add the surround again and the trueplay second yellow circle locks at the end leaving just the ability to cancel.  I logged this with Sonos on 8th May but the experienced agent could not identify a fix.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi,  I’m experiencing the same issue.

I found I can run Trueplay if I disconnect my era 300’s, leaving just my arc and sub.  Add the surround again and the trueplay second yellow circle locks at the end leaving just the ability to cancel.  I logged this with Sonos on 8th May but the experienced agent could not identify a fix.

So, when you reconnect the eras, you lose the trueplay tuning correct?