Answered

Spotify artist search not working

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Desktop and Android app have started telling me "spotify returned no results for _____ in artists. Please try a different category or a new search term" this morning. Has replicated on multiple devices. Only happens for Spotify and only in "artists", albums and playlist search still works. Any idea if I changed a setting or if something is wrong on their end?

I’ve reset the speakers and restarted the apps.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 29 August 2023, 11:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

288 replies

+1 for same issue with Spotify not returning search results.

I am running S1 Controller on both iOS and macOS, and the issue happens on both. I am able to get Spotify search results with the “[search_term]” trick on both mobile and desktop. This started last week, had never seen this until then, but glad I stumbled on this thread.

As of today, August 28, the issue seems to either be resolved or temporarily fixed, and I am able to search for artist names — without using quotations — and get results in the S1 Controller in both iOS and MacOS. Fingers crossed that it’s a permanent fix! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @conor et al

We believe this issue has, again, been resolved and we can no longer reproduce it in our own testing. If you do continue to see this issue, however, please get in touch with our technical support team to report as much. Thank you.

solved indeed ! Thanks.

It seems to work on IOS and MacOs … still curious what caused it.

Badge

Working for me in the Windows app now.

Yes works in Sweden with S1 on Android to search Artist on Spotify!

Solved from my pov.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Yes, resolved finally! 

Badge

Yes working today, here in Boston.

Thank you – whoever fixed it. At least we all know we’re not going mad thinking we were doing something wrong!

Userlevel 2

works fine for me as well; thanks for solving, the engineer in me would love to know the source of the problem and the solution …. but my thanks for the resolution

Fixed for me - and without an app update! Thanks to Sonos for prioritizing this bug. 

Badge

In case it’s helpful this still didn’t work for me today. No Spotify search results appearing within the Sonos app.

I then removed the Tidal service from Sonos and Spotify search results started appearing again. 

In case it’s helpful this still didn’t work for me today. No Spotify search results appearing within the Sonos app.

I then removed the Tidal service from Sonos and Spotify search results started appearing again. 

I’m pleased to report that Spotify artist search is working again. But Sonos keeps losing its connection to Spotify, which I’ll report as a separate thread.