Skip to main content
Answered

New SONOS iOS app (May 2024) is TOTAL RUBBISH!!

The New Sonos iOS app is absolutely terrible. If you haven’t upgraded yet please please don’t. There are so many missing features and bugs to boot. It looks like an pre-Alpha version of software rushed to market without being properly tested or checked.
PLEASE PLEASE  PLEASE Sonos bring back the S2 app for download on the App Store. If I could downgrade I would do it in a heartbeat. I’m a long time user and fan of Sonos products but frankly this is a big miss a disaster. This new app is almost unusable. This is Sonos’s Windows Vista moment. 
Please listen to your users Sonos, negative feedback is everywhere now. Please give us back the S2 app whilst this one goes back to the drawing board or perhaps the trash can.  

260 replies

Userlevel 1

Agreed - they should have rolled back rather than trash the legacy app. How long do we have to wait? As of this morning, the app just crashes every time I try to use it. I have uninstalled it and use the desktop UI until they decide to deprecate that too. 8 $peaker$ down the drain. I want a refund!

Userlevel 1

As per other comments on the forum, this is a disaster which Sonos doesn’t seem interested in fixing anytime soon

Disgraceful customer service

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

As per other comments on the forum, this is a disaster which Sonos doesn’t seem interested in fixing anytime soon

Apart from the next app update tomorrow, you mean?

Userlevel 1

“Apart from the next app update tomorrow, you mean?”

Really? Where can we see upcoming app update release schedule?

THX 

What the hell? We’ve returned to our second home in the EU to discover the SONOS has totally destroyed the entire system with their useless app updates.

Why did you break it? The app does not work. What the hell are your developers doing? It is absolute garbage. Sonos should be held liable for releasing a software update that is not fit for purpose.

Furthermore, does SONOS boost actually do anything anymore with the new app?

Absolutely livid and disgusted!!!!!

What’s the point in bricked hardware and you can’t stream to it from the SONOS app? Nothing but errors.

Sometimes it works, most times it does not. Workaround is to Airplay directly to a device.

Turning out to be a very unfortunate BAD vendor investment.

bloody useless!

“Something went wrong. “

Yeah even sOnoS doesn’t bloody well know what’s wrong with its app and the integration services layer that it has unsuccessfully rolled out.

This has nothing to do with the customer endpoint network, DHC IP assignments, gateway routing etc

This is seemingly about botched up unsolicited consumer tracking that is breaking and destroying the customer experience.

Userlevel 1

Bricked is on point. Freaking nightmare. I own $3500.00 (usd) of black bricks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The Boost will show in the web app (at least on my system), so it still works.