Skip to main content

List of Reported Issues with New App

I thought it would be useful to have a comprehensive list of issues with the new app that have been reported in these forums.  Ideally Sonos would have something to track these issues eg. Apple Feedback Assistant, Microsoft Feedback Hub, Bugzilla, etc.  Unfortunately they don’t.  To kick things off, I created the following list using Perplexity.  

Please add missed issue or correct issues misreported.  Please DON’T add comments on how upset you are, or how great the new app is, or engage in dialog.  There are plenty of posts like that already. Just post a one line description of the problem you know of.  

I hope we can create a comprehensive list of issues in one easy to read thread that would be useful to the community and the dev’s.

Playlist and Queue Management Issues

1. Unable to Add Songs to Queue:
    • Users cannot add songs to a playlist or queue. The only available option is "Replace Queue," with no ability to insert a song, "play next," or "add to end of queue"​ (Sonos Community)​.
  2. Playlist Size Limitations:
    • Large playlists, such as those with several thousand tracks, fail to load and give an "Unable to browse music" error.
    • Spotify playlists are limited to displaying only 50 playlists, and playlists are truncated alphabetically, stopping at "K."
    • YouTube Music playlists are truncated at 500 songs​ (Sonos Community)​​ (Sonos Community)​.
    • The new app has made it difficult to handle large playlists, with some users reporting that playlists with more than 3,000 songs often fail to load completely​ (Sonos Community)​.
  3. Disappearing Playlists:
    • Users have reported that their playlists have completely disappeared after updating to the new app​ (Sonos Community)​.

Music Library and Search Issues

1. Lost Access to Music Library:
    • The app update caused users to lose access to their Music Library, and the option to access it in "Manage My System" is no longer available.
    • Users cannot search their personal music libraries, making it difficult to find specific tracks or albums.
    • Users have reported that the app does not allow them to play music from their local library, which is an essential feature for many​ (Sonos Community)​​ (Sonos Community)​.
    • Local music libraries on NAS drives are not accessible, and users cannot browse or search them​ (Sonos Community)​​ (Sonos Community)​.
    • Search results for music libraries are truncated, and users cannot see the full list of their saved artists and albums​ (Sonos Community)​​ (Sonos Community)​.

Connectivity and Performance Issues

1. Speaker Detection and Grouping Problems:
    • The app intermittently fails to detect speakers, and users have trouble grouping and ungrouping speakers.
    • The app frequently loses connection with the speakers, making it difficult to manage playback​ (Sonos Community)​​ (Sonos Community)​.
    • Users are unable to add Symfonisk bookshelf speakers to the app despite resetting the device and transferring ownership to the same account​ (Sonos Community)​.
  2. Playback and Connectivity Issues:
    • The app frequently skips songs or returns to the beginning of the playlist, especially when adding or removing speakers from a group.
    • Users have experienced significant connectivity issues, with the app failing to recognize or connect to their speakers consistently​ (Sonos Community)​​ (Sonos Community)​.
  3. General Usability and Performance:
    • The new app is described as slow, unresponsive, and difficult to navigate. Users have reported that it often crashes or fails to perform basic functions like adjusting volume or switching music sources​ (Sonos Community)​​ (Sonos Community)​.
  4. System Crashes and Instability:
  5. Grouping Rooms Issues:
    • Grouping rooms adds rooms not selected, and removing speakers from a group causes the app to hang​ (Sonos Community)​.

Usability Issues

1. Interface and Usability Problems:
    • The new app's interface is described as too busy and confusing, making it difficult for users to navigate and manage their music queues effectively.
    • The app's user interface has poor UX design, making it difficult to navigate and use effectively​ (Sonos Community)​.
    • Some users have reported that the app does not display upcoming songs in the queue, making it impossible to see or modify what will play next​ (Sonos Community)​​ (Sonos Community)​.

Specific Bugs and Errors

1. Voice Assistant Connection Issues:
    • Alexa fails to connect to Amazon, although it connects to Google. This is problematic for users who have their music on Amazon Alexa​ (Sonos Community)​.
  2. YouTube Content Service Error:
    • Saved artists and albums from YouTube Content Service show an error message "SOMETHING WENT WRONG" when trying to play them​ (Sonos Community)​.
  3. Random Volume and Speaker Selection Changes:
  4. Sonos Boost Not Recognized:
    • Sonos Boost is no longer recognized, causing additional connectivity issues​ (Sonos Community)​.
  5. Playlists Default to Looping:
    • Playlists default to being on a loop, which users do not want​ (Sonos Community)​.
  6. Forced Updates:
    • The app forces users to update before they can use Sonos again, causing frustration​ (Sonos Community)​.
  7. Alarm Management Issues:
    • The app does not allow users to manage or edit alarms, which were used extensively by many​ (Sonos Community)​.
  8. Missing Widget for Quick Access:
    • The widget for quick access to Sonos controls is missing from the pull-down panel on mobile devices​ (Sonos Community)​.
  9. System Switching Issues:
    • Users have reported that the app does not remember different Sonos systems (e.g., home and work) and requires rejoining each time they switch locations​ (Sonos Community)​​ (Sonos Community)​.
  10. Individual Volume Control Issues:
    • Users have reported that the app does not allow individual volume control for grouped rooms, forcing all rooms to be at the same volume level​ (Sonos Community)​.
  11. App Freezes When Switching Speakers:
    • The app frequently freezes when switching between speakers, making it difficult to control music playback​ (Sonos Community)​.
  12. Trueplay Tuning Fails:
    • Trueplay tuning fails to complete, causing issues with sound calibration​ (Sonos Community)​.
  13. No Last.FM Integration:
    • The app does not support Last.FM integration, which was available in previous versions​ (Sonos Community)​.

Moderator edit: Merged posts

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

59 replies

Mute issue:
Every night all speakers sets their own volume to “0”. Meaning that the green “mute” light is on all the time, unless you open the app and turn up the volume on each speaker. (has to be done every morning). 

I’m not seeing this issue and I’m not sure what would cause it, but one thing that did spring to mind is a 3rd-party App called Soro can do this sort of thing and I’m just wondering if you maybe using that iOS App and have a shortcut scheduled to mute all speakers? If it’s not that, or a similar 3rd party App, then my thoughts are to let the issue reproduce, then immediately (as soon as practicable) submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support via this LINK to discuss the matter in detail and see what the Staff can perhaps then suggest to resolve the matter.

Random muting is an acknowledged bug. Please help Sonos fix this buggy AF app by submitting a diagnostic when it happens and contact support.  

Small issue - When I open the latest iOS App 80.04.04 , I get the nag in Recently Played, ‘See what you listened to recently - Turn on’ with a hide option. The hide option doesn’t hide, does nothing.

Same as the old S2 App… You need to disable the “Use Personalization Services” to be able to hide that feature on the Home Screen in the App “User Account” Settings.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Same as the old S2 App… You need to disable the “Use Personalization Services” to be able to hide that feature on the Home Screen in the App “User Account” Settings.

Already disabled, the nag is asking me to turn-on/enable “use Personalisation Services”

Previous 80.x.x versions the ‘hide’ button would hide the nag as expected, not working in the latest 80.04.04. Only a minor issue for me, just noting for reference.

Already disabled, the nag is asking me to turn-on/enable “use Personalisation Services”

Previous 80.x.x versions the ‘hide’ button would hide the nag as expected, not working in the latest 80.04.04. Only a minor issue for me, just noting for reference.

Maybe try toggling the UPS button on/off and then see if you can hide the pinned category on the Home screen.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Maybe try toggling the UPS button on/off and then see if you can hide the pinned category on the Home screen.

👍The Ken ‘tickle’ turn it “on and off again” worked, able to hide the nag, thanks!

👍The Ken ‘tickle’ turn it “on and off again” worked, able to hide the nag, thanks!

I actually think there might still be a minor bug here @craigski as sometimes I notice it reappear, just every now and then.

I’m just not sure (yet) what triggers it.🤔?

After new app the new Arc and subwoofer worked for a week or two with my new Sony TV but no longer.

I can send my music in my IPhone to the Arc, subwoofer, Sonos 5 and Moove. Great sound but not what I expected after spending more than 3000$. However I have 4912 songs in my phone and have space for hundreds more. Anyone know how to get the playlists in an IPhone 14+ to index. I want to index by title but can not do it. Apple store could not help.

Surprised no one has talked about a class action law suit. Most of bought Sonos to played our library of music and that is what we got. Now gone.

Charles G. Bowles

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

You might also want to add that transfer ownership doesn't work.

If trying the transfer ownership option it fails to operate via the app and can't click continue when navigating through the options.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Queue does not follow progress.  Instead stays on first page.

No queue scroll bar for fast scrolling.

Local Library album art not loading into queue.

Errors like Unable to load queue show then queue loads anyway.  Error reporting jumping the gun.